The Most Satisfying Power Fantasy

What are the most satisfying Power Fantasy stories you've ever read?

What makes you really like them?

If you could make it better, what do you want to add or remove in the story?

Well you can also treat it like a recommendation thread, since I love reading them.

D

Deleted member 29316

Well you can also treat it like a recommendation thread, since I love reading them.
Tate no Yuusha. The ending of the webnovel is what made me loved it. If possible, I'd like to remove the slavery part.

Reisinling

Tate no Yuusha. The ending of the webnovel is what made me loved it. If possible, I'd like to remove the slavery part.
Seriously, It's one of the few isekais I dropped because of the slavery thing. It's a common trope, and in most stories with it they seem to be able to somehow make feel reasonable... but here when the main female MC refused to stop being a slave it made absolutely no sense, and made everyone involved fucking morons. I just had to stop.

The thing about power fantasies for me, is that I tend to like them, like them... and then stop enjoying them in 1 chapter. No idea why. It's rare for them to keep me interested for more than a year

D

Deleted member 29316

With the proliferation of isekai stories and isekai-ish tropes, I still love ZnT above all else. 😁

Alienix

If u are asking in term of getting stronger type of fantasy read, my favorite of all times is Hunter x Hunter obviously

Hunter x Hunter's worlbuilding is top notch added with complex magic/superpower system. and not only that, the characters are all unique and awesome. especially if u want to learn how to make interesting villains, u can learn from Hunter x Hunter.

Hunter x Hunter is the best. I can't make the better similar story

Also if u are asking about novel, my favorite fantasy novel of all times is Stormlight Archives series. the reason is similar to Hunter x Hunter above

Hathnuz

Warlock of the Magus World, one of the first cn webnovels I've read. Great mc overall. He's closer to a villain rather than a hero yet he still has redeeming qualities. Very satisfying when he powers up because he gets them through schemes and wits, not just luck. Watching the stats jump from 50-ish into thousands after waiting for 150+ chapters just feels so good. If not for the paywalled chapters, I would've re-read it many times.

It could be better without Shadow World arc since it was really pointless. Maybe DnD World arc too since it's blatant plagiarism, though it's fitting considering the author's name. Also, less over-reliance to the A.I chip and more travelling to new places.

undeadflowerboy

Oh... That one.
It was honestly really good but it made me so depressed i just decided to drop it. That was probably just a me thing

Kenjona

Warlock of the Magus World, one of the first cn webnovels I've read. Great mc overall. He's closer to a villain rather than a hero yet he still has redeeming qualities. Very satisfying when he powers up because he gets them through schemes and wits, not just luck. Watching the stats jump from 50-ish into thousands after waiting for 150+ chapters just feels so good. If not for the paywalled chapters, I would've re-read it many times.

It could be better without Shadow World arc since it was really pointless. Maybe DnD World arc too since it's blatant plagiarism, though it's fitting considering the author's name. Also, less over-reliance to the A.I chip and more travelling to new places.
Yeah I enjoyed it also, but read it without paywall, when it was first being translated into English.

Hathnuz

Yeah I enjoyed it also, but read it without paywall, when it was first being translated into English.
Me too. The first time I read it when it still had like 50 chapters on the translator's website.

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
Is Naruto considered a power fantasy? I really like the concept of a hidden inaccessible-except-under-duress power. I still think Pain's powers and that whole of Pain arc is still one of the greatest manga that I've read.

I honestly can't think of a "Power Fantasy" book. The Stormlight Archive, I guess?

nosinkarma

Card reader and Pocket hunting dimension, reading them right now, top notch comedy with really good power up system.

Varstark

Is Naruto considered a power fantasy? I really like the concept of a hidden inaccessible-except-under-duress power. I still think Pain's powers and that whole of Pain arc is still one of the greatest manga that I've read.

I honestly can't think of a "Power Fantasy" book. The Stormlight Archive, I guess?
In Part 1, maybe a teensie bit. Part 2 managed to rectify that rather well.

LitRPG in general does power fantasies rather well, so long as they're well written. Self improvement and gains are achieved in a linear, simple and tried and proven manner, instead of all the awkward stumbling around we do in real life where improvements come in bits of bursts that would make a stair-like graph if tracked.

Aniket-111

You can read The Forgotten Universe. It is there in this site itself. It is power fantasy.