the normal fee for a cover art

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
hey guys, an author here. Just wondering, how much would you normally charge for a cover art?

Blackout

P.S, I need a Japanese inspried cover art, thank you

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
hey guys, an author here. Just wondering, how much would you normally charge for a cover art?
Depends on what do you want, but there is no commercial price for me.
Why don't you describe a bit of what you are looking for?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Meh usually up to or more of 100$ depending on the artist. Professionals cost a lot and charge for every little thing. I paid like 90$ for my main story's. They charge depending on a full body or half body or portrait, and the background. Maybe look at Fiverr for artists? I did

.Lance

As an artist, I can say that that would depend on a lot of factors. If you want a highly skilled artist and a full illustration, that would probably be pretty expensive though.

Blackout

Depends on what do you want, but there is no commercial price for me.
Why don't you describe a bit of what you are looking for?

Well, I want a cover art for my novel similar to those Japanese LN. You know, with an anime girl and the title

Blackout

Meh usually up to or more of 100$ depending on the artist. Professionals cost a lot and charge for every little thing. I paid like 90$ for my main story's. They charge depending on a full body or half body or portrait, and the background. Maybe look at Fiverr for artists? I did

wow, that expensive huh?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I bet you could find something cheaper on that if you look around Instagram, Twitter, or Deviantart.
That is, if you want yours looking half baked and very amateurish UNLESS you find that hidden gem that sorely misplaced her/his self-worth (for your financial gain).

Panzerinsnow

If you simply want a free portrait you should use the generated picture in "this waifu does not exist " website, they are unique and free to use commercially. Want to have some background ? Basic photoshop video will teach you how to change in less than 10 minutes. That is how i save money on portrait art. Haft and and full body art is a different matter though.

iamaducklingwriter

Uhm, I can't draw but I can edit in Canva and PicsArt. I take pictures in google and edit them so have transparent background (idk what its called haha) and then put them all together and add icons and such. For free.
But if you want personalize cover which is drawn fully then I can't do that haha. My book covers are made by me and they are very simple.

D

Deleted member 29316

I usually do it for free, though it's highly-dependent on my mood.

Plus, I don't know if you'd like my color style. It's 'paint-y'.

Ral

You do painterly style? I liked that style.

Edit: I look at your work in the Creations section. I see. You work with watercolors.

D

Deleted member 29316

You do painterly style? I liked that style.

Edit: I look at your work in the Creations section. I see. You work with watercolors.
No, I mean my color-style in Digital colors. Traditionally, I'm using watercolors, color pencils or felt-tip pen markers.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
Well, I want a cover art for my novel similar to those Japanese LN. You know, with an anime girl and the title
Well it will be $50- $90 in my case, feel me to dm me
Here is an artwork

I can do it in this painterly anime style or

This one with lineart or even a cell shaded one.
Check out my thread for more details https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/nyans-commission-info.2487/
And customer reviews :blob_cookie:

Last edited:

Blackout

Hmm, yeah, I'm sorry but i prefer those pencil drawn style. thanks for the offer though