The Quote Depository

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
If at some point in life, you made a mistake or keep failing over and over again, and you can't help but think it's useless and you're a good for nothing; Remember, you're only taking a detour. And I'm sure further along your path will come a day where you think, "It was a good life experience". That's why it'll be fine.
-Hishiro Chizuru (ReLife)
Words that I live by nowadays~

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

This one is really interesting.

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
Some words of wisdom from a wise man, George Carlin:

“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.”

"Scratch any cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist."

“Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.”

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.

- Charles Spurgeon

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)
“...one day when I was a young boy on holiday in Uberwald I was walking along the bank of a stream when I saw a mother otter with her cubs. A very endearing sight, I'm sure you'll agree, and even as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued and dragged onto a half submerged log. As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and I remember to this day the sweet pinkness of its roes as they spilled out, much to the delight of the baby otters, who scrambled over themselves to feed on the delicacy. One of nature's wonders, gentlemen. Mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that is when I first learned about evil. It is built into the very nature of the universe. Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, I told myself, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.”
― Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Life is basically like a soap bubble. It rides on the wind, flying here and there... and before you realize it - pop! It's gone. When it's about to disappear, you think that you could've flown a little higher. But by the time, it's already too late.
Gintoki said this I believe

Arexio

Coffee Addict
"And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."

- John Keating, Dead Poets Society

What I tell myself for motivation when I'm studying such a hard/rigid science. Helps keep perspective.

“I’ve fallen in love with literature. I try to read for one or two hours every day. I only have one life to live. But in books I can live one thousand lives.”

- Anonymous, Humans of New York | Rasht, Iran

I think everyone here can relate on some level. :blob_wink:

SpearOfLies

“ Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to get shot. ” - Lelouch Vi Britannia

S.D.Mills

Man hands on misery to man,
It deepens like a coastal shelf.

—Philip Larkin; This Be The Verse

Miracles are like meatballs, because nobody can exactly agree on what they are made of, where they came from, and how often they should appear.

—Daniel Handler; Series of Unfortunate Events

Father: Forgive me.
Silence.
Father: I said 'forgive me.'
Son: I heard you.

—Samuel Beckett; Endgame

War... war never changes.

—Ron Perlman; Fallout

Daddy, I have had to kill you.
You died before I had time—
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
Ghastly statue with one gray toe