The reason/or inspration behind one of your proudest works?

LWFlouisa

OK truth time I guess, I suppose my oldest work is a loose metaphor for my experience as an autistic and trans person, with heaping loads of post traumatic stress disorder thrown into the mix. I needed an outlet at the time, as I'm still waiting till I actually go through that process. It might be a while though, as I live with a parents that seems determined to make sure that never happens.

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
My first project failed spectacularly but its still my proudest work.
So, I was pretty annoyed at horrible world-building and the way the authors h as ndle magic in fantasy stories so I went: what would be a more or less realistic version of magic be? And decided to make it incredibly complicated, with many requirements to the point where a normal person would just go crazy were they to look upon its true form just because their mind would be fundamentally incapable of understanding it in the first place. Then I built the settings of my world upon it. And that's how "flight of the Princess sage came alive"
I then was pretty confused on how to proceed with the characters and how to treat them, so that story died and now I'm trying to remake it without the flaws of the original and with a lot of planning. Still, it was a very fun experience

Kalesterine

Blue Side is my favorite out of the 2 books I'm writing.
Yi Mian, the main character, is the antihero of the love story between Dui Ming and Duan Jing. You know how in most stories, most antiheroes are actually good but she's not like that. Her character is sort of a character I created using all the characters I've hated. The story itself means so much to me since I've been struggling with a writer's block for years now, and I got a feeling that finishing Blue Side would be the best thing for me to do to get over my writer's block. Continuing it so far and writing it without any problems, that makes me feel like a better author. I don't hate my other book but Blue Side makes me feel better, I love writing it.