The Second Tempest Contest

Konge

Not really considered a weapon in my opinion. So doesn't fit with the theme. You can use any of the other theme to combine it with the fists/summon.
Alright, I'll stop trying.:blobrofl:

Was just trying to see if I could squeeze my newest (kind of already thought-up) story in this contest as it came right at the same time.

D

Deleted member 45782

For further enquiries, non-mainstream/unconventional weapons is meant to make you guys more creative in what the MC should use for their way of attacking.

Examples are: Chains, Whips Keyboard, Ruler, Tablet and etc.
Got it. Thanks!

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Then I wonder, how about using summons?
Shoo, shoo. Go away from my summons. You little thief, stealing my idea that has won me second place in the contest before. And you even stole fire. What a rascal. Sarcasm btw.

SailusGebel

Btw, what if some necromancer is a mountain of a man and raises dead(mostly bare skeletons and zombies) only to use them as disposable clubs\cudgels? Does it fall under the theme of non-mainstream weapons or not? :blob_hmm:

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy. Can't wait for Theme 1 stuff.
shark cannon!!!

---------

I don't see any mention of the winners of the previous contest being unable to obtain the prize pool, was that an omission?

I haven't written much scifi but... I mean XD gluten-free bread is expensive, lol.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
shark cannon!!!

---------

I don't see any mention of the winners of the previous contest being unable to obtain the prize pool, was that an omission?

I haven't written much scifi but... I mean XD gluten-free bread is expensive, lol.
:sweating_profusely:

Ritz

Virgin Sci-fi Fan vs Chad Fantasy Enjoyer
1614836541471.png

D

Deleted member 45782

Time for slippers, textbooks and whatnot.

Wonder about those flutes and fans...

LilTV1155

Conventional Weapons: Fist, Sword, Spear, Bow, Guns, Axe
What about Staff, Whip, and Clubs?
Does a crossbow count as a mainstream weapon?
It still follow the Bow/Gun category.
Btw, what if some necromancer is a mountain of a man and raises dead(mostly bare skeletons and zombies) only to use them as disposable clubs\cudgels? Does it fall under the theme of non-mainstream weapons or not? :blob_hmm:
Sound like fantasy magic, but doesn't seem to follow Sci-Fi.

CL

Whenever I hear of unconventional or non-mainstream weapons, I think of somebody improvising with what they have available around them. It's like a bar fighter using stools, mugs, and the bar counter itself to smash those who are not smashed enough. :blob_thor:

LilTV1155

shark cannon!!!

---------

But a cannon is a gun right in a different form?
Whenever I hear of unconventional or non-mainstream weapons, I think of somebody improvising with what they have available around them. It's like a bar fighter using stools, mugs, and the bar counter itself to smash those who are not smashed enough. :blob_thor:
True and very practical,

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
View attachment 8563
It's finally time, we are back with another contest to hopefully be a springboard for new and old authors to find their ground on this never-ending sea of stories. Unlike before, this contest will last 4 months! Starting from today, it will last till the 11th of November (00:01 AM GMT+7). Similar to the previous contests, all authors will have to follow at least one of the given themes. Before we get into the gritty details, a big thank you to all the sponsors!

Our lord, @Tony
The tentaacles, @Ace_Arriande
The wizard/cat @MelasD
The Isekaid Haremist @Saileri

View attachment 8564
Well first of all, how do you enter? You upload a story onto ScribbleHub. Then proceed to your story dashboard, upon scrolling to the bottom you'll find the contest section. Select the contest tag to enter the contest.

Here are the following themes! Remember you only have to use at least one and if you are the devil incarnate then you can attempt to combine them!
  1. Non-mainstream weapons.
  2. Duality of a secret life (The MC live a normal and a secret life)
  3. Exploration of Space (Genre: Sci-fi)
The list to the contest entries: https://www.scribblehub.com/contest/second-tempest-contest/

Here's the FAQ:
Q: Is it fine to post the story elsewhere after the competition ends?

A: Yes, you can post the story anywhere after the contest has concluded. However, the story will be disqualified if the story is posted on other platforms before the conclusion of the contest.

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?

A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.

Q: What if I’ve written a story that fits the requirement but never posted it before?

A: Since there’s no way for us to check when you wrote the story, as long as you’ve never posted it anywhere else before, it is perfectly fine to use it as a contest entry.

Q: Can I post the story on Patreon to earn money from it during the contest? (Advanced chapters)

A: You can use advanced chapters. However, your story will solely be judged based on what you’ve posted on ScribbleHub!

Q: Can we get badges/titles?

A: This is currently not an available mean of giving out prize.

Q: Is there a max word count and can I submit more than once?

A: There is no max word count and yes you can submit more than once.

Q: Who would own the copyright to the story?

A: You authors will retain all the right to the story.

Q: Can I advertise the story?

A: Yes you definitely can!

View attachment 8566

1. Has to be an original story, exclusive to SH for the duration of the contest.
  2. Series need to reach 40,000-word count by 11th of November (00:01 AM GMT+7).
  3. Have not been posted before the 10th of July.
  4. Must use at least one of the provided theme. (You must state the theme of your choice)
  5. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover. (You must state the source of your art in the synopsis) - If no source is stated, your story will be removed from the contest.
  6. Using bots to increase your statistic will get you disqualified and blacklisted from future competitions.
  7. No Plagiarism
  8. Rules may be subject to change during the contest in the event of unforeseen attempts at manipulating it or circumventing the above rules.
More specific violations that attempt to undermine the spirit of the competition will be left to my discretion. For example, using a stolen cover for the duration of the contest as clickbait to gain more readers, and then switching to a non-stolen cover on the final day.

View attachment 8567
Once again, it's thanks to our generous sponsors that allows us to host these wodnerful contests! Our total prize pool is once again 400$. :blob_party:

Beside the monetary prize pool, Tony is giving the main category winner a 24 hour sticky on NovelUpdates!

Here's how the prizes are given out:

Main Category (Readers - Highest amount of Reader)
  1. $200 + NU Sticky
  2. $100
  3. $50
  4. $50
Now that the details are all aired out. Good luck and may the goddess of procrastination stay away!
If Ai-chan would join, it would most likely be the exploration of space. But what is the scope of 'exploration'? Would a bunch of scavengers breaking open alien ships and selling its contents be acceptable? Something like Stargate? Or does it absolutely have to be "boldly going where nobody has gone before" like Star Trek?

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Damn, I cannot wait to write my fork wielding protagonist in another isekai harem smut novel! :blob_sir: