The State of Scribble Hub/Activity of User base (completed)

Will the community grow larger as well as more active?

• Total voters

NoLoliNoLife

I've been on NU for about 3 years and on Webnovel for about a year. I started writing on Webnovel about 6 months. Unfortunately, webnovel has become really saturated with new Original novels. I have no problem with the new writers. Write on! However, this has led to a decrease for me in receiving constructive criticism and other things useful in progressing further as a writer. This new platform really interested me so I began to investigate and snoop around a while, but the community here seems to be abysmally small in comparison to both NU and Webnovel as well as not that active. I really want to spread my writing to see if others would give constructive criticism, but I'm not sure if it is worth it. Should I post here?

TLDR: I want to post my writing here for constructive criticism, but the community does not seem large or active. Should I?
Also, does anyone feel like this community here will grow?

Tony

Staff member
I've been on NU for about 3 years and on Webnovel for about a year. I started writing on Webnovel about 6 months. Unfortunately, webnovel has become really saturated with new Original novels. I have no problem with the new writers. Write on! However, this has led to a decrease for me in receiving constructive criticism and other things useful in progressing further as a writer. This new platform really interested me so I began to investigate and snoop around a while, but the community here seems to be abysmally small in comparison to both NU and Webnovel as well as not that active. I really want to spread my writing to see if others would give constructive criticism, but I'm not sure if it is worth it. Should I post here?

TLDR: I want to post my writing here for constructive criticism, but the community does not seem large or active. Should I?

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. The forums are definitely inactive but the main site is not. It's been growing. For example:
  1. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/2917/the-great-game--the-young-master/ (Two weeks old with 114k views)
  2. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/3147/the-queens-hound/ (Almost a month old with 138k views)
Those are the top novels pageviews wise so they are more of an exception though but I'm just saying, the readers (almost 4k registered users) are there. You're right about NU and Webnovel being monsters compared to https://www.scribblehub.com/. As of typing this, there's 150 active users browsing https://www.scribblehub.com/ while there's over 3200 active users browsing NU right now. https://www.scribblehub.com/ is five weeks old so it'll need time to grow but it's a lot bigger than NU when it first started.

As for "constructive criticism", it doesn't compare to the big sites but there are currently over 4k comments commenting on chapters on the main site. This is probably the best time to join as when it gets bigger, it'll be harder to get noticed in my opinion. At the end of the day, it's up to you though. It's either "I've tried" or "Damn, I should've joined back then when it was small to get noticed"

Good luck on whatever you decide though!

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)
As @Tony says. It will grow. Also, now is the time to get more attention per user than when a site gets huge.

TheBoredDreamer

From my point of view, the userbase isn't really small as the website is running for only five weeks.
If you notice carefully there is some book that has over a few hundred readers. That is quite large if you think its just the result of five weeks.

Alienix

I am new in Scribble Hub, but I think it has good prospects. Writing in this platform is more fun than another platforms (in my opinion). What I like the most about this platform is it has glossary that helps me introduce my worldbuilding to my readers.

I am looking forward to the future when the community grow bigger :D

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I only like SH because Ik there some from NU. And I already know some from the NU community. I love the NU community, so it’s much easier for me to fit in SH than Wattpad, RRL, and I never been to Webnovel.

Though lately I’ve been more active on the Wattpad fourms. Lol, I love fourms and talking as well as meeting new people.

lazyredragon

Actually SH is pretty epic. It's like a genius baby you didn't know you were expecting the readers fit the time and I can customize my book however I want literally make it an awesome experience talk to fellow writers and artists link in trailers, add links to patreons and what not.

Also since it's pretty young u can establish yourself early and dominate da market 😈😈

D

Deleted member 3803

As a person that has been on multiple writing forums, i'd say SH is actually really good.

That said, WebFictionGuide and RoyalRoad still far surpass it.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. The forums are definitely inactive but the main site is not. It's been growing. For example:
  1. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/2917/the-great-game--the-young-master/ (Two weeks old with 114k views)
  2. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/3147/the-queens-hound/ (Almost a month old with 138k views)
Those are the top novels pageviews wise so they are more of an exception though but I'm just saying, the readers (almost 4k registered users) are there. You're right about NU and Webnovel being monsters compared to https://www.scribblehub.com/. As of typing this, there's 150 active users browsing https://www.scribblehub.com/ while there's over 3200 active users browsing NU right now. https://www.scribblehub.com/ is five weeks old so it'll need time to grow but it's a lot bigger than NU when it first started.

As for "constructive criticism", it doesn't compare to the big sites but there are currently over 4k comments commenting on chapters on the main site. This is probably the best time to join as when it gets bigger, it'll be harder to get noticed in my opinion. At the end of the day, it's up to you though. It's either "I've tried" or "Damn, I should've joined back then when it was small to get noticed"

Good luck on whatever you decide though!

How about making the Looking For on NU autolink to scribblehub when mentioned and give nuffie bonuses for those who recommend SH novels on NUF's Looking For. That should increase traffic.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
How about making the Looking For on NU autolink to scribblehub when mentioned and give nuffie bonuses for those who recommend SH novels on NUF's Looking For. That should increase traffic.
Sounds like a great way to farm nuffies~

Tony

Staff member

lol I love how shameless you are but can I really do that...? :sweating_profusely:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
lol I love how shameless you are but can I really do that...? :sweating_profusely:

Shameless? I do it for the greater good of all 😇 and Tony Tease Parth Fund , oops typo, I meant more blob smilies! :blob_sweat:

How do you make just a bot credit on keyword? Can't you just have the novel names dynamically loaded as keywords in LF and credit that way?

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I think the forums themselves here arent so active because most of us gits lurk NUF anyway XD

Comments themselves usually come through on the chapters themselves as far as ive seen.

TLCsDestiny

As a writer myself, I like to hear constructive criticism, yet, even though I had already been elsewhere, it's hard to find. I've placed my books here for a few reasons and have not regretted it...Not even sure if I will.
One, I enjoy writing, so it doesn't really matter where I put it, as long as someone else isn't making money off my stories when I'm not. And if people enjoy it, then yay for them!
Two, my stories here are seen for a little while, whenever I add a new chapter, so I may get one or two new peeps on the occasion.
Three, Scribblehub is part of NU, I see it when I'm looking for books on NU that a few of these are placed at the bottom, so there might be a slight chance that even there you might get recognized.
Four, It is new! I know you didn't like that idea, but I do! People are still looking at it, still fidgeting and wondering...I'm taking advantage of that and placing a chapter a day to perhaps...Maybe...Incite these people.
To be honest, I still haven't gotten many reviews or constructive criticism to help me with my writing but it won't stop me!
Be proud! Put your novels here and just be happy that people would read them! Don't worry too much and do what makes you feel happy! We only live once!

Tony

Staff member
Shameless? I do it for the greater good of all 😇 and Tony Tease Parth Fund , oops typo, I meant more blob smilies! :blob_sweat:

How do you make just a bot credit on keyword? Can't you just have the novel names dynamically loaded as keywords in LF and credit that way?

If I were to make it, I would just make it so it'll detect the site (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/*) in the "I'm Looking For..." forums and award nuffies that way. It should be pretty simple to implement.

Butttttttttttt am I allowed to be that shameless? I dunno if I should go down that dangerous route :blobrofl:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
If I were to make it, I would just make it so it'll detect the site (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/*) in the "I'm Looking For..." forums and award nuffies that way. It should be pretty simple to implement.

Butttttttttttt am I allowed to be that shameless? I dunno if I should go down that dangerous route :blobrofl:

:devilish: Devil: Sure it's no problem, no one will complain about more nuffies, you can even claim it's "temporary", hehehe

👼 Angel: Compared to @Lys , that might as well be modesty.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It’s been hard moving over from NUF because if I had to choose one, I feel like I like NUF as a forum more. >.< so I guess growth is slow for me!

There are tons of writers here though! XD