Writing Prompt The thoughts and opinions of an ancient tree

Kotohood

Noob Author
I don't really have a story written up for this. But I once had an idea to write a story regarding a tree.

She would be like the oldest most badass tree out there and her roots span across multiple kingdoms. She would have like child trees/elves that grew from her branches and they are interconnected through her branches. These children would respect and revere her as a goddess. Her adventures will be about how she sees the world from her roots and branches and watch as her children live in the world, occasionally interfering by giving visions/oracles, or even sometimes outright causing disasters.

The story would climax with how the world is collapsing on itself due to polution/etc/etc and she was about to die herself. Her 'children' waged war against those that tried to defile their 'Mother tree' and she would wept as the world burns around her/ her children dying to protect her/ etc etc.

At the end of the story she would give birth to a final seed(for another big ass tree like her) and sends the seed and whatever remains of her children to a new world where they would grow and flourish as she dies slowly in her old world.

I decided that it was simply a sad story for me to write, so I shelved it and took parts of the concept for my book(That I haven't really release yet). So there is that.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Light. There was only light. Then there would be dark. Then it would be light again. Sometimes there would be less light than normal. When that would happen, there would sometimes be delicious little drops of water, falling down across my leaves. Then the water would enter the earth, and my roots would collect them.
Then I would grow. Slowly. Slightly. I would reach ever further towards the light. The lovely light that would collect upon my leaves.
Then the cold would come. The water I would collect would freeze, and I would feed no longer. My leaves would fall, and I would sleep. Sleep until the not cold.
Then there would be light.

Llamadragon

I don't really have a story written up for this. But I once had an idea to write a story regarding a tree.

She would be like the oldest most badass tree out there and her roots span across multiple kingdoms. She would have like child trees/elves that grew from her branches and they are interconnected through her branches. These children would respect and revere her as a goddess. Her adventures will be about how she sees the world from her roots and branches and watch as her children live in the world, occasionally interfering by giving visions/oracles, or even sometimes outright causing disasters.

The story would climax with how the world is collapsing on itself due to polution/etc/etc and she was about to die herself. Her 'children' waged war against those that tried to defile their 'Mother tree' and she would wept as the world burns around her/ her children dying to protect her/ etc etc.

At the end of the story she would give birth to a final seed(for another big ass tree like her) and sends the seed and whatever remains of her children to a new world where they would grow and flourish as she dies slowly in her old world.

I decided that it was simply a sad story for me to write, so I shelved it and took parts of the concept for my book(That I haven't really release yet). So there is that.
That sounds a whole lot like a side character I have in mind xD

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Still days with the light overhead are all well and good, it provides a baseline for the pallet of the young tree. But the Wind! Ah the subtleties of the wind mixed with soft light caressing upon the leaves. Or the bold flavor of harsh midday mixed with intermittent gusts... It's still enough to make my old bark shiver. And perhaps little sparkling sprinkles to add the taste of water down my limbs?... mmmm the bliss young ones! Eh? The cold-light of winter brought along by the approaching gusts of Old Frost does indeed have an interesting flavor, but you will find it makes one sleepy. *humph* now where was I?... You'll want to wait for the perfect light and wind combination before sending out your pollen to the ladies. It's always best on a day where the flavor of light is intoxicating... *Cough* B-but yes! I suppose your too young for that!...

-A Gourmand ancient tree conversing with newborns to the root system, on the flavors of light.