The twenty-thousand word chapter.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

Those novels reached trending because people like to read them, it's what they want to read, that's all there is to it. You don't have to shit on the site and the novels on trending just because people like to read those stuff. If you're bitter that no one reads/comments on your story then maybe you should write about things that the current readers find interesting? As of late it's more on fantasy smut.

I personally will not write just for the sake of getting readers. I have my job and school to worry about, so I only write for a hobby about the things I enjoy writing. If the novels I write click with readers then I'm happy, if they don't then that's up to them, I'll still continue writing it because I enjoy writing it. People have different tastes, people will not always want to read complicated stuff, deal with it.
I'm mainly just pissed that people would rather write paragraphs explaining why they won't read the story and leave a comment, as well as spend a decent amount of time being invested in a thread like this that has kinda devolved into me bitching about being ignored, than using a fraction of that time and effort to read the story and comment.

Why is this allowed to happen here? Is this the community we want?

Like, just as an experiment, I went on the Wattpad subreddit with a similar post, the responses I got were "I know how you feel. I know what it's like to have your story be ignored. Send me the link and I'll read it."

Like, just compare that to here where the responses are "I'm not going to read your story. Stop complaining."

Like, is the problem that the people here DON'T understand how it feels to have their story ignored, and the people that do leave the forums for another site? Is that why the userbase here is so small?

TachimeSan

You're really comparing Wattpad to this site? Dude, Wattpad is a fucking hell for new comers, especially for those who don't write the cringey romance stories that wattpadders love to eat. I had my novel there for a good three months, at the very least, and barely got over 1.2k reads, as well as one (1) guy that genuinely posted comments, and that's fine. I understand that the people there generally have different tastes and interests.

Also, those guys you're talking about that're saying that they'll read your story if you send them a link? I'm 90% sure that they'll just skim through it, offer a vote, and then ignore it afterwards, I've seen lots of people in Wattpad do that.

Actually, yeah, you are pretty toxic.
Yes. Exactly. You are right... fufufufufu being that lazy and unsupportive is toxic, right?

I am vindicated

Prase be the Goddess of death @Freesia.Cutepearl for granting me this boon! As if you had the foresight and knew I needed this... as if you knew the rhythms of life would lead me here one day... when my internet identity is in a crisis, this reply from @TheGuyThatEveryoneHates would grant me... salvation.

To start from the beginning...

Days ago while treading thru life sampling various corners of cyberspace... I was tested... by @Alverost and the so-called Darkcore personality test! The result was damning.

WUT?!?! 23% Machiavellianism 7% self-interest?!?! This makes me sound like a self-sacrificing dumbass! I am not a dumbass! I am a clever clever boy!

A whopping 21.89% lighter than the average person... HOW DISGUSTING!!!

I tried not to think about it, "It's just a test! It could be wrong... tests are wrong all the time...." I suppress the emotion of repugnance and tried to move on.

But the world... the world would not forget! It was all too ready to expose the fraud that I am!

On a thread started by @thedude3445 about Slurs and moderation, I unwittingly reveal that the worst f-word I know is "FucK". I showed all what a sheltered life I led. one that mediated hostility and found gentle wholesomeness... always.... the name archdemon... IS A LIE.

The weight of reality crushed my fragile soul like an egg beneath a boulder!

:sweating_profusely: :blob_no: :blob_no: I feel so vanilla right now :blob_cringe:

I am milk, I am soft, gentle and tame....

:blob_teary::blob_teary:

Came dance with me and I will wash out the flavour of spicy food...

:blob_no::blob_no::blob_no:

I don't know why this makes me so sad...

On my profile page, I screamed in despair!
:blob_teary: I thought myself chocolate fudge... but turns out... I am vanilla :blob_cringe: I AM VANILLA!!!! 😫

I need an exit, an out... I need to show people I am something else, something more...and I need to show them all!!!!

And just like that, from the magic of the necromancy... from the resurrection of a dead thread, I was saved.

Time to summon all the knows my shame, all those that commented on the Slurs thread and may have seen my true nature.

They will see, see that I am NOT Vanilla!!! I am SPICY!!! I am at least mint chocolate! I may remind people of cleaning teeth, but I do have a bit of sting!

Draws summoning circle:
@thedude3445 @CL @lehur @inv @CupcakeNinja @K5Rakitan @SailusGebel @Nahrenne @Moonpearl @yansusustories @Angry_Clown @Discount_Blade @Avidya @minacia @Assurbanipal_II @HansTrondheim @BenJepheneT @EternalSunset0 @ tony (I am being badass but I am not suicidal)

BEHOLD! SCRIBBELIAN of the Toxicity Slur debate

You may have been satisfied by the little foray on the battlefield of opinions. That thread may have been locked, but there is more to that story!!! You may be sharpening you ideas and hardening your point of views to prepare for the next engagement... but something of import must be addressed... my public image... it may have been one of the casualties of that melee...

But here, on these cursed earth, we shall see it reborn!!

*Dramatic piano music!*

I shall begin by saying this, a week ago for some reason or other I decided to read every single blurb on scribble hub, it took 3 to 5 hours to go thru, I wasn't counting. And in the 5200+ blurbs that I read, I only stopped to read 2 stories. The Diary of Death by @Overcomer1059 and A Woman’s Tale by @MyLadyQueen. I was lucky both things I stopped to read are I enjoyed.

BUT!
*organ music starts to play*

Did I rate them? NOPE! Did I leave a comment! NAH!! Favourite a chapter... might have done one.... Which one? I don't remember! Coz I don't care enough. After that initial burst of enjoyment and 3 mins later... NOTHING! No memory!

My apathy to the author's need for praise knows no bounds.

I am poison! like toxic waste! I am RADIOACTIVE

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa~♫~♫

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones~♫
Enough to make my systems blow~♫
Welcome to the new age, to the new age~♫
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive ~♫~♫~♫

SURE I could have told overcomer1059 that I like their story since I have always had a soft spot for microfiction. I thought it was a cute piece with a nice punchline, and that there should be more microfictions.

BUT I DIDN'T! I am TOO LAZY!

I could have told myladyqueen I found the first chapter of the anthology very enjoyable and the management of the tone of the story keep me enthralled. Although the idea was not a fresh and new concept (what is nowadays) the way it was told... at least from my point was a testament to the author's skill and experience with the craft of writing.

The same level of skill can be seen in the second story, as a matter of taste I didn't like it as much... I do feel the pacing and descriptions of the sex scene could have been tinkered with a little bit more, but then again I may have only noticed it because I wasn't as engaged with the narrative, so it might have been fine.

DID I say ANY of that? NO WAY! CAN"T BE BOTHERED!

Could I have used the time I used to type this up to give people feedback and encourage authors. Sure I can! Would it be fun for me? nope. Do I need to be doing that after working my day job? Almost NEVER.

AND that is why I am not a positive force in this community! That is WHY I am lazy, sinful as fuck and thus contributing to non-supportive nature and toxicity of casual readers. Causal readers, we are the worst, we take and don't give back, so we are... toxic

Hit it, Britney!

... no I am not linking that song... I hate that song...

And what's the point of this... I am not a nice... person?... er... the point of this, hmmm... I might have one... Ah, author and readers, we are not friends, by default we don't support each other
Hold on scratch all that that was not the point of this! I was just making things up while thinking...

The point is

SCREW YOU DARK CORE TEST!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 7% self-interest!!

I AM AT LEAST AN AVERAGE!!!

IF you have any sentience at all read this post!!!

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Yes. Exactly. You are right... fufufufufu being that lazy and unsupportive is toxic, right?

I am vindicated

Prase be the Goddess of death @Freesia.Cutepearl for granting me this boon! As if you had the foresight and knew I needed this... as if you knew the rhythms of life would lead me here one day... when my internet identity is in a crisis, this reply from @TheGuyThatEveryoneHates would grant me... salvation.

Days ago while treading thru life sampling various corners of cyberspace... I was tested... by @Alverost and the so-called Darkcore personality test! The result was damning.

I tried not to think about it, "It's just a test! It could be wrong... tests are wrong all the time...." I suppress the emotion of repugnance and tried to move on.

But the world... the world would not forget! It was all too ready to expose the fraud that I am!

On a thread started by @thedude3445 about Slurs and moderation, I unwittingly reveal that the worst f-word I know is "FucK". I showed all what a sheltered life I led. one that mediated hostility and found gentle wholesomeness... always.... the name archdemon... IS A LIE.

I need an exit, an out... I need to show people I am something else, something more...and I need to show them all!!!!

And just like that, from the magic of the necromancy... from the resurrection of a dead thread, I was saved.

Time to summon all the knows my shame, all those that commented on the Slurs thread and may have seen my true nature.

They will see, see that I am NOT Vanilla!!! I am SPICY!!! I am at least mint chocolate! I may remind people of cleaning teeth, but I do have a bit of sting!

Draws summoning circle:
@thedude3445 @CL @lehur @inv @CupcakeNinja @K5Rakitan @SailusGebel @Nahrenne @Moonpearl @yansusustories @Angry_Clown @Discount_Blade @Avidya @minacia @Assurbanipal_II @HansTrondheim @BenJepheneT @EternalSunset0 @ tony (I am being badass but I am not suicidal)

You may have been satisfied by the little foray on the battlefield of opinions. That thread may have been locked, but there is more to that story!!! You may be sharpening you ideas and hardening your point of views to prepare for the next engagement... but something of import must be addressed... my public image... it may have been one of the casualties of that melee...

*Dramatic piano music!*

I shall begin by saying this, a week ago for some reason or other I decided to read every single blurb on scribble hub, it took 3 to 5 hours, to go I wasn't counting. And in the thru 5200+ blurbs that I read, I only stopped to read 2 stories. The Diary of Death by @Overcomer1059 and A Woman’s Tale by @MyLadyQueen. I was lucky both things I stopped to read are I enjoyed.

BUT!

Did I rate them? NOPE! Did I leave a comment! NAH!! Favourite a chapter... might have done one.... Which one? I don't remember! Coz I don't care enough. After that initial burst of enjoyment and 3 mins later... NOTHING! No memory!

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
Whoa~♫~♫

SURE I could have told overcomer1059 that I like their story since I have always had a soft spot for microfiction. I thought it was a cute piece with a nice punchline, and that there should be more microfictions.

I could have told myladyqueen I found the first chapter of the anthology very enjoyable and the management of the tone of the story keep me enthralled. Although the idea was not a fresh and new concept (what is nowadays) the way it was told... at least from my point was a testament to the author's skill and experience with the craft of writing.

The same level of skill can be seen in the second story, as a matter of taste I didn't like it as much... I do feel the pacing and descriptions of the sex scene could have been tinkered with a little bit more, but then again I may have only noticed it because I wasn't as engaged with the narrative, so it might have been fine.

Could I have used the time I used to type this up to give people feedback and encourage authors. Sure I can! Would it be fun for me? nope. Do I need to be doing that after working my day job? Almost NEVER.

AND that is why I am not a positive force in this community! That is WHY I am lazy, sinful as fuck and thus contributing to non-supportive nature and toxicity of casual readers. Causal readers, we are the worst, we take and don't give back, so we are... toxic

Hit it, Britney!

And what's the point of this... I am not a nice... person?... er... the point of this, hmmm... I might have one... Ah, author and readers, we are not friends, by default we don't support each other
Hold on scratch all that that was not the point of this! I was just making things up while thinking...

The point is

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!

I am vindicated

Draws summoning circle:

*Dramatic piano music!*

I shall begin by saying this, a week ago for some reason or other I decided to read every single blurb on scribble hub, it took 3 to 5 hours, to go I wasn't counting. And in the thru 5200+ blurbs that I read, I only stopped to read 2 stories. The Diary of Death by @Overcomer1059 and A Woman’s Tale by @MyLadyQueen. I was lucky both things I stopped to read are I enjoyed.

BUT!

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
Whoa~♫~♫

Hit it, Britney!

The point is

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!

:blob_aww: You are so adorable! *gives you a huggle*

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I am vindicated

Draws summoning circle:

*Dramatic piano music!*

I shall begin by saying this, a week ago for some reason or other I decided to read every single blurb on scribble hub, it took 3 to 5 hours to go thru, I wasn't counting. And in the 5200+ blurbs that I read, I only stopped to read 2 stories. The Diary of Death by @Overcomer1059 and A Woman’s Tale by @MyLadyQueen. I was lucky both things I stopped to read are I enjoyed.

BUT!

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
Whoa~♫~♫

Hit it, Britney!

The point is

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!
I can see how much hate you have, how much hate I had. I hope that you can unload it someday, as I did, because I suspect you aren't happy here either.

I love you, and you are loved by someone. I hope you understand what that means.

Goodbye.

Ral

Geez. If you want support, then write a good story.

The people here aren't even that demanding when it comes to quality. The bar is really low.

You know what? I have read your story as far as I could bear (and I also remember your story that you linked in the thread about sex with a dragon). Why I didn't comment or give a like? Because your story is garbage.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
This thread is a wild fucking ride start to finish, Jesus Christ.

We don't owe you shit. It's not our fault we didn't read what you put out. You barely gave us any incentive to do it besides telling how long it is and being a general ass on people who didn't meet your expectation of a feedback.

And when people gave you general reasons on why they didn't keep on reading out of lack of interest, instead of doing some self-reflection you double-down and stuck a ten foot pole people use to avoid you up your ass.

But I suppose we're all heartless, vindictive, toxic fucks right?

By the way, read my shit. I wrote it for people to read, and if you don't read my shit don't waste my time.

SailusGebel

The only thing I find troublesome here is that no matter what kind of things is said, to ThatGuy, he always finds a way to turn it into at least a slightly bad undertone. Either hating the 'condescending' tone, or hating the 'jokes', or hating those who don't look at what they say and don't care.
In the end, how should we talk with you? I genuinely don't understand. As it always comes down to the same thing. Pissed comments, or people 'dogpiling' on you, as well as an extremely pessimistic worldview, seeping through everything. (Talk about pessimism, I thought I was pessimistic.)
I get it already, you said you had troubles, and you are disheartened that nobody reads your novel. But when someone wants to cheer you up, some kind of 'good or bad reader's points' comes out. Then how we should cheer you up?
Read your story? But what if the story itself is a very niche thing? I for myself, am not reading niche stories as much, I don't even read LGBTQ stuff. But when someone asked for feedback for their LITRPG of Fantasy story in the forum I tried to help them. What I mean here, even if the story is pure gold and would win extra rewards here and there and get published, I still won't read it if it's about LGBTQ. These genres aren't for me, plain and simple. And I don't have the time to spend reading them, I have Job, my own novels to write, and a ton of other hobbies that I can't support because of my limited time.
You know, yeah, writing a comment that tries to cheer you up, is MUCH faster to type than reading a freaking twenty-thousand chapter. It would take me like, half an hour? Maybe longer. Or something like that. While writing something like this "Don't worry pal, just do whatever you want, eventually, you would get readers." is like, a minute?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I do not know what this thread is about. I do not know what the discussion is about either. But it appears I was successfully summoned for once and actually got a notification? :blob_blank: What have I missed out on? :blob_blank:
You genuinely didn't miss out on anything. It's a bunch of people (me included) having a schizophrenic episode about spilt milk that's long since dried up and turned into mould AND melted into liquid once more.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
It's a bunch of people (me included) having a schizophrenic episode about spilt milk that's long since dried up and turned into mould AND melted into liquid once more.
@yansusustories
I tried to help but I think I accidentally created a mess.
Kind of like when a cat tries to slide your drink closer to you to help you out
but instead knocks the glass off the table.

Now I'm just offering huggles to all the cute peeps!

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
You genuinely didn't miss out on anything. It's a bunch of people (me included) having a schizophrenic episode about spilt milk that's long since dried up and turned into mould AND melted into liquid once more.
That ... sounds like something I should rather stay away from :blob_blank:

Now I'm just offering huggles to all the cute peeps!
I still doN't know what this is all about but I swear I'm cute so do I get huggles? :blob_aww:

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
I still doN't know what this is all about but I swear I'm cute so do I get huggles? :blob_aww:
Yes, Yes you do!

And, to try my best to REALLY REALLY TL:DR it:
I replied to the thread after it was dormant for a few weeks, trying to help by commenting on my experience with the forums and getting feedback from people, and things like where lighthearted stuff seemed to be, etc. My memory is a bit fuzzy now but my reply is there. Seems I accidentally Necro'd the thread despite it being on the first page (oops). And the shit hit the fan. And now I'm just handing out huggles!

HERE!

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Yes, Yes you do!

And, to try my best to REALLY REALLY TL:DR it:
I replied to the thread after it was dormant for a few weeks, trying to help by commenting on my experience with the forums and getting feedback from people, and things like where lighthearted stuff seemed to be, etc. My memory is a bit fuzzy now but my reply is there. Seems I accidentally Necro'd the thread despite it being on the first page (oops). And the shit hit the fan. And now I'm just handing out huggles!

HERE!
Oh! That means I haven't missed too much and am now jumping right into the fray? Sounds good as well :blob_melt:

And yay! Huggles! :blob_reach:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

I am vindicated

Draws summoning circle:

*Dramatic piano music!*

BUT!

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
Whoa~♫~♫

Hit it, Britney!

The point is

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!
Your trying to get me in trouble aren't you? XDD
But on the subject of public images, yours can't be any worse then mine here. And I still can't be bothered to care. Don't like me or my opinion? Dun care. Suck it.

And yeah this thread is cancer. It reminds me of those bullshit threads about people crying about 1-stars. So many entitled little shits showing up here crying about their feelings. To the acid pit with those kind of people and their feelings.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
*blink* How did I get here? Oh, this is an old thread.
And yeah this thread is cancer. It reminds me of those bullshit threads about people crying about 1-stars. So many entitled little shits showing up here crying about their feelings. To the acid pit with those kind of people and their feelings.
I'll take the 1-stars. I'll take ALL the 1-stars <3