The twenty-thousand word chapter.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
*blink* How did I get here? Oh, this is an old thread.
About that...

According to @Generic.Archdemon
I accidentally practiced necromancy.

And apparently, I summoned the
ethereal malcontent of hell itself.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I'm mainly just pissed that people would rather write paragraphs explaining why they won't read the story and leave a comment, as well as spend a decent amount of time being invested in a thread like this that has kinda devolved into me bitching about being ignored, than using a fraction of that time and effort to read the story and comment.

Why is this allowed to happen here? Is this the community we want?

Like, just as an experiment, I went on the Wattpad subreddit with a similar post, the responses I got were "I know how you feel. I know what it's like to have your story be ignored. Send me the link and I'll read it."

Like, just compare that to here where the responses are "I'm not going to read your story. Stop complaining."

Like, is the problem that the people here DON'T understand how it feels to have their story ignored, and the people that do leave the forums for another site? Is that why the userbase here is so small?
It sucks, but that's just the way it is for most of us (me included). In fact, I feel you when it comes to the whole being-ignored thing, but with that said, I must say this: pity-reads are not a good strategy for gaining reads/readers. It just gives off a bad vibe of being desperate, which doesn't bode well for your efforts.

Also, really? You're using Wattpad as a counterexample to voice your gripes with Scribble Hub? Are you serious?

First of all, unless you're writing band (fan) fiction, billionaire romances, or bad boy romances, don't expect any readers for your story for the next 3 to 6 months on that site, because there are too many stories there and not enough readers to go around. More on this later.

Second, Scribble Hub actually has an official forum, this forum. Wattpad's own forum imploded months ago due to a lot of political BS. Hence, you get Wattpad threads on other sites like Reddit.

Third, Wattpad's front page has nothing on Scribble Hub's, because the only stories that ever get promoted on Wattpad's front page are (cue the roll-call) bad boy/billionaire romances and band (fan) fiction with millions of views. I can't tell you how annoying it is just to scroll endlessly down the front page to read stories you want. At least Scribble Hub has a section on the front page where it shows new stories and chapter releases, which gives you a fighting chance of attracting readers.

Fourth, and I'm talking from experience here, Wattpad's search algorithm and tagging and ranking systems are totally fucked. There's no option to search for only mature stories on there, because they're mixed in with other stories. And since Wattpad ranks stories via story tags on millions of stories on there, Wattpad glitches the fuck out so often that we have dubbed the site 'Glitchpad.'

Fifth, and I'm also talking from experience here, there's been a diaspora of Wattpad users leaving the site for sites like Scribble Hub. I'll admit that Wattpad didn't used to be so shitty. In fact, Wattpad used to be THE place to get readers back in 2011 (when I joined), but since 2015 after they took out Meebo Chat and especially after 2018 when they revamped the old Wattpad forum and started promoting paid and already-published stories on Wattpad, I've seen the reader traffic dwindle to almost nothing for new stories and new writers. Hence, from my first point, there's too many stories getting buried there and not enough readers to go around, because they're syphoned off to read the paid and promoted stories there. That's why I'm here, and I'm glad I chose this site to spread my wings.

So rounding all of this up, yes, you're right. Getting ignored by readers sucks, and getting told that your story is not their thing also sucks, but you're not helping yourself by complaining about it. It just gives off a bad impression, which I've seen play out on Wattpad, FictionPress, Royal Road, and now on Scribble Hub. It's not a good look for you.

Last edited:

Freesia.Cutepearl

Now that I know you have that skill, can you bring back my dead boyfriend from 2015?
Uhhhmmmm......

Ok, But...

I need some of his clothes, we need to 'borrow' a male mannequin from a department store, a wig, some googly eyes, uhm, does Mr potato head come with a nose? We need a nose from somewhere. Oh and uhm... I guess if you want full 'functionality' we need to stop by a sex toy shop and grab a... uhm... implement for him.

Then we need to draw some circles with random symbols, grab some computers, and uh... we need to borrow the ones from the movie 'Weird Science' and uhm... erm.. uh.. I think we dance in a circle singing 'Boom Shaka Laka' over and over again while a thunderstorm rages and we have a 77.65% chance of success, a 17.34% of partial success, and uhm... less of.. other.. undesirable outcomes.

Uhm.. erm.. I should mention no guarantees and no refunds!

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Uhhhmmmm......

Ok, But...

I need some of his clothes, we need to 'borrow' a male mannequin from a department store, a wig, some googly eyes, uhm, does Mr potato head come with a nose? We need a nose from somewhere. Oh and uhm... I guess if you want full 'functionality' we need to stop by a sex toy shop and grab a... uhm... implement for him.

Then we need to draw some circles with random symbols, grab some computers, and uh... we need to borrow the ones from the movie 'Weird Science' and uhm... erm.. uh.. I think we dance in a circle singing 'Boom Shaka Laka' over and over again while a thunderstorm rages and we have a 77.65% chance of success, a 17.34% of partial success, and uhm... less of.. other.. undesirable outcomes.

where are those mojis from

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I assumed at first that they were something to do with the site but now I'm not so sure of that. Eh oh well. I dislike loli's so it does nothing for me. I don't even understand the loli fetish personally. Cute I guess? Idk.

Ral

Seriously guys even if you read the story, you would just drop it. It practically is bottom-of-the-barrel quality. The first paragraphs would bore you to death. I regretted reading it as far as I could.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Uhhhmmmm......

Ok, But...

Pretty sure his widow has gotten rid of his clothes by now, but I could ask.

CL

Yes. Exactly. You are right... fufufufufu being that lazy and unsupportive is toxic, right?

I am vindicated

Prase be the Goddess of death @Freesia.Cutepearl for granting me this boon! As if you had the foresight and knew I needed this... as if you knew the rhythms of life would lead me here one day... when my internet identity is in a crisis, this reply from @TheGuyThatEveryoneHates would grant me... salvation.

To start from the beginning...

Days ago while treading thru life sampling various corners of cyberspace... I was tested... by @Alverost and the so-called Darkcore personality test! The result was damning.

A whopping 21.89% lighter than the average person... HOW DISGUSTING!!!

I tried not to think about it, "It's just a test! It could be wrong... tests are wrong all the time...." I suppress the emotion of repugnance and tried to move on.

But the world... the world would not forget! It was all too ready to expose the fraud that I am!

On a thread started by @thedude3445 about Slurs and moderation, I unwittingly reveal that the worst f-word I know is "FucK". I showed all what a sheltered life I led. one that mediated hostility and found gentle wholesomeness... always.... the name archdemon... IS A LIE.

The weight of reality crushed my fragile soul like an egg beneath a boulder!

On my profile page, I screamed in despair!

I need an exit, an out... I need to show people I am something else, something more...and I need to show them all!!!!

And just like that, from the magic of the necromancy... from the resurrection of a dead thread, I was saved.

Time to summon all the knows my shame, all those that commented on the Slurs thread and may have seen my true nature.

They will see, see that I am NOT Vanilla!!! I am SPICY!!! I am at least mint chocolate! I may remind people of cleaning teeth, but I do have a bit of sting!

Draws summoning circle:
@thedude3445 @CL @lehur @inv @CupcakeNinja @K5Rakitan @SailusGebel @Nahrenne @Moonpearl @yansusustories @Angry_Clown @Discount_Blade @Avidya @minacia @Assurbanipal_II @HansTrondheim @BenJepheneT @EternalSunset0 @ tony (I am being badass but I am not suicidal)

BEHOLD! SCRIBBELIAN of the Toxicity Slur debate

You may have been satisfied by the little foray on the battlefield of opinions. That thread may have been locked, but there is more to that story!!! You may be sharpening you ideas and hardening your point of views to prepare for the next engagement... but something of import must be addressed... my public image... it may have been one of the casualties of that melee...

But here, on these cursed earth, we shall see it reborn!!

*Dramatic piano music!*

I shall begin by saying this, a week ago for some reason or other I decided to read every single blurb on scribble hub, it took 3 to 5 hours to go thru, I wasn't counting. And in the 5200+ blurbs that I read, I only stopped to read 2 stories. The Diary of Death by @Overcomer1059 and A Woman’s Tale by @MyLadyQueen. I was lucky both things I stopped to read are I enjoyed.

BUT!
*organ music starts to play*

Did I rate them? NOPE! Did I leave a comment! NAH!! Favourite a chapter... might have done one.... Which one? I don't remember! Coz I don't care enough. After that initial burst of enjoyment and 3 mins later... NOTHING! No memory!

My apathy to the author's need for praise knows no bounds.

I am poison! like toxic waste! I am RADIOACTIVE

~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫
I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa~♫~♫

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones~♫
Enough to make my systems blow~♫
Welcome to the new age, to the new age~♫
Welcome to the new age, to the new age~♫
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive ~♫~♫~♫

SURE I could have told overcomer1059 that I like their story since I have always had a soft spot for microfiction. I thought it was a cute piece with a nice punchline, and that there should be more microfictions.

BUT I DIDN'T! I am TOO LAZY!

I could have told myladyqueen I found the first chapter of the anthology very enjoyable and the management of the tone of the story keep me enthralled. Although the idea was not a fresh and new concept (what is nowadays) the way it was told... at least from my point was a testament to the author's skill and experience with the craft of writing.

The same level of skill can be seen in the second story, as a matter of taste I didn't like it as much... I do feel the pacing and descriptions of the sex scene could have been tinkered with a little bit more, but then again I may have only noticed it because I wasn't as engaged with the narrative, so it might have been fine.

DID I say ANY of that? NO WAY! CAN"T BE BOTHERED!

Could I have used the time I used to type this up to give people feedback and encourage authors. Sure I can! Would it be fun for me? nope. Do I need to be doing that after working my day job? Almost NEVER.

AND that is why I am not a positive force in this community! That is WHY I am lazy, sinful as fuck and thus contributing to non-supportive nature and toxicity of casual readers. Causal readers, we are the worst, we take and don't give back, so we are... toxic

Hit it, Britney!

... no I am not linking that song... I hate that song...

And what's the point of this... I am not a nice... person?... er... the point of this, hmmm... I might have one... Ah, author and readers, we are not friends, by default we don't support each other
Hold on scratch all that that was not the point of this! I was just making things up while thinking...

The point is

SCREW YOU DARK CORE TEST!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 7% self-interest!!

I AM AT LEAST AN AVERAGE!!!

IF you have any sentience at all read this post!!!

AND I AM NOT VANILLA!!
Somebody summoned me, but I have no idea what is going on in this thread. :blob_unsure:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Somebody summoned me, but I have no idea what is going on in this thread. :blob_unsure:
^
You genuinely didn't miss out on anything. It's a bunch of people (me included) having a schizophrenic episode about spilt milk that's long since dried up and turned into mould AND melted into liquid once more.

Reactions: CL

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
@Generic.Archdemon You have gotten very active all of a sudden.

Dude. What is your major malfunction?

Are you vying for a ban, for real? You bring up topics from a locked thread, stirring up and summoning people that is tantamount to open rebellion!

What's your preferred flavour of ban? 6 months ban? Permaban? I.P Ban? Did you see Benj getting banned and now chasing some of that sweet Tony attention?

You are driving this thread totally off-topic. This isn’t even about the 20000k words chapter anymore! And you are still bringing up, @Freesia.Cutepearl 's necro! Others were necroing way before she did. Are you trying to make her feel bad? Is that nagging? If so that is disgusting.

I have known you for so long and I still have no idea when you are serious or when you are fooling around! Live moderately, you filthy animal!

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
LETS MAKE THIS THREAD MORE CHAOTHICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

@Generic.Archdemon You have gotten very active all of a sudden.

Dude. What is your major malfunction?

Are you vying for a ban, for real? You bring up topics from a locked thread, stirring up and summoning people that is tantamount to open rebellion!

What's your preferred flavour of ban? 6 months ban? Permaban? I.P Ban? Did you see Benj getting banned and now chasing some of that sweet Tony attention?

You are driving this thread totally off-topic. This isn’t even about the 20000k words chapter anymore! And you are still bringing up, @Freesia.Cutepearl 's necro! Others were necroing way before she did. Are you trying to make her feel bad? Is that nagging? If so that is disgusting.

I have known you for so long and I still have no idea when you are serious or when you are fooling around! Live moderately, you filthy animal!
Oh my dear, Omni-kun. What you don’t understand is that you are witnessing something truly glorious.

This. This is the heist of the century… This is the greatest crime on SHF since yesterday. One can troll by flaming, one can troll by being intentionally belligerent. And one can troll with a touch of class. That is thread hijacking.

With calculated moves I have led this thread astray, I have brought the tone of this thread to its knees and corrupted its tender... sensitive contents making it a darker shade of absurdity!

I commend you @Ral @Fox-Trot-9 @SailusGebel For trying to bring this thread back on topic, you goddamn vigilante. You lot have tried to defend this thread identity with your “sense of justice”. But this villain says, NAY. I am stealing this thread, it's going to be hijacked and turned to something else.

Be it about the dark core personality test or something else, I own this thread now. The train has left the station, @Omnifarious can get on board and ride with me, or you can get run over.

I mean is hijacking against forum rules? Not as far as I know!

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
I mean is hijacking against forum rules? Not as far as I know!

Actually “Hijacking” is against the rules….

I mean if @AliceShiki gets wind of this, you are dead. That violent cardcaptor will be pressing the report button till her fingers bleeds…

If you openly admit to intentionally hijacking you are going to be nothing but a stain under the ban hammer.

Wait… what?

*looks up rules*

Ah… I see….

ERm… I might have spoken rashly…. I…. wasn’t trying to hijack…. It is more like … a compound amalgamation of stray ideas that are still totally relevant to the thread the OP intended…

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
a compound amalgamation of stray ideas that are still totally relevant to the thread the OP intended…
Is that right? Are you able to begin the next sentence with “ The reason I said all this” and end with and "that is why it is totally related to this thread". Oh, and here is shovel, so dig as much as you want.

Let me get comfortable... Ahhh~ Alright, gooooo onn~~

Freesia.Cutepearl

Went over it to answer here:
TL:DR
Menhera-chan (there's two, this is one of them) aka Kurumi-chan on the LINE sticker store.

Pretty sure his widow has gotten rid of his clothes by now, but I could ask.

Uhm... well if you want him naked I guess something else with his DNA would work? I'm really not sure!

I assumed at first that they were something to do with the site but now I'm not so sure of that. Eh oh well. I dislike loli's so it does nothing for me. I don't even understand the loli fetish personally. Cute I guess? Idk.
I was under the impression she's not a kid, but a teenager? What counts as a Loli? *confused*
I just think they're fun emoji's I found them through google image search one day looking for something else.

Either way, have fun and be happy all <3

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

I mean if @AliceShiki gets wind of this, you are dead. That violent cardcaptor will be pressing the report button till her fingers bleeds…

If you openly admit to intentionally hijacking you are going to be nothing but a stain under the ban hammer.
I dunno why I was summoned to your internal monologue, but hijacking is bad!
About that...

According to @Generic.Archdemon
I accidentally practiced necromancy.

And apparently, I summoned the
ethereal malcontent of hell itself.

Well, NUF is kinda lax with necromancy, as long as the post isn't 3+ months old, it's fine to practice it~