The Wandering Inn

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
I decided to pick my favorite webnovel to be the first webnovel currently ongoing outside of Scribblehub to get an LCD thread here. The Wandering Inn is one of the best isekai (transported to another world) webnovels written. It has some elements of Litrpgs as well with a leveling system that affects the whole world. Yet the system is an incredibly interesting and complicated system that is thoroughly explored by the author and plays a major role in the setting and developing plot. While level approximates power and eases access to power, use of skill(s) is far more important in deciding who is truly stronger. The setting and story is in no way lazy as many isekai authors are with easy power-ups and Op-ness available. It is quite realistic. Characters die. People change for better or for worse due to the events going on around them. Still, while Wandering Inn does certainly have its huge mythic story arcs and looming world-ending threats, it is in many ways a slice of life story following the characters' struggles as they make their way in a strange and dangerous world.

I thoroughly recommend it to all webnovel readers and can't wait for the new chapter coming out this Saturday!

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Already reading it, and it's really a good novel to read!

Aster

Staff member
I recently started reading this and I'm currently on the 2nd volume. It's been a while since I've read an original webnovel and this one just drew me in. There are quite a few characters and you can't bring yourself to completely like them all. Even with all the different characters you find them actually leaving an impression on you as a reader and they don't feel like some background character that would eventually be forgotten as the story progresses.

The most important thing is...I still have a while to go before reaching the newest chapter ^-^

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Also, I just realized that I missed reading the new Bird side story when it came out and it is beautiful. I love Bird so much. He with his Fortress of fluff and leaving for reasons he has not come up with yet.

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
I recently started reading this and I'm currently on the 2nd volume. It's been a while since I've read an original webnovel and this one just drew me in. There are quite a few characters and you can't bring yourself to completely like them all. Even with all the different characters you find them actually leaving an impression on you as a reader and they don't feel like some background character that would eventually be forgotten as the story progresses.

The most important thing is...I still have a while to go before reaching the newest chapter ^-^
Yeah the story is downright huge. It has 1k more pages than the next longest on RR and ~5k more than the third. I'm just thankful to have started reading it near it's inception on a whim.

Aster

Staff member
Yeah the story is downright huge. It has 1k more pages than the next longest on RR and ~5k more than the third. I'm just thankful to have started reading it near it's inception on a whim.
I'm pretty sure it's going to take a while for me to reach the newest chapter lol It's very impressive to see a webnovel written to this extent and still ongoing.

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
I'm pretty sure it's going to take a while for me to reach the newest chapter lol It's very impressive to see a webnovel written to this extent and still ongoing.
Especially how fast it's been written and yet still maintaining it's quality. Most long stories take a lot longer to get this far, if they ever do and usually have uneven quality. It's only 2.5 years old at this point.

Aster

Staff member
Especially how fast it's been written and yet still maintaining it's quality. Most long stories take a lot longer to get this far, if they ever do and usually have uneven quality. It's only 2.5 years old at this point.
When reading through the chapters you don't feel like it's dragging on for the sake of impact. I quite liked the first volume because it felt like it was building up to something bigger than expected and it happened just as we were rolling into the second volume.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I need to get to binging this to the latest chapter.....

Ddraig

Personally my favourite part about it is the original living world that has been potrayed and multiple mcs with different experiences

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
it took me a week or so before I catch up with the latest chapters before

Zethuron

Would read it, if it wasnt that daunting massive, with the very high possiblity that it would mess up whatever other things i would try to do during the long catch up.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Would read it, if it wasnt that daunting massive, with the very high possiblity that it would mess up whatever other things i would try to do during the long catch up.
why don't give a try reading this novel? It's a good read yanno

Aster

Staff member
it took me a week or so before I catch up with the latest chapters before
It's definitely going to take me longer! I haven't had the time to read more than a couple of chapters a day ^-^;;;

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
Sadly I got annoyed with this one. Inconsistenties and characters making completely stupid choices for means of plot. Things might have been rewritten some since then as it's been nearly two year, but after a while of having to stop myself from making page long rants, I just walked away.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Sadly I got annoyed with this one. Inconsistenties and characters making completely stupid choices for means of plot. Things might have been rewritten some since then as it's been nearly two year, but after a while of having to stop myself from making page long rants, I just walked away.
there there
have some cookies

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
So I'm struggling with myself. Should I read the non-canon chapter and be spoiled? Or do I withstand my desire to read as much Wandering Inn as I can?

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
So I'm struggling with myself. Should I read the non-canon chapter and be spoiled? Or do I withstand my desire to read as much Wandering Inn as I can?
Well I managed to avoid spoilering myself. Still haven't head the non-canon chapter, maybe once the book is complete

Also, in regards to the current chapter,. I'm pretty sure that Reiss betrayed Garen, just like how he betrayed Rags for his vision and dream. No matter how reasonable Reiss seems, he has that cold willingness to do whatever needs to be done for his greater good.

And this first betrayal colors everything else that happens for Garen going forward. If you cannot trust your brother, who you loved beyond all else, then who can you trust?

Garen was wounded, but hung on due to his adventurer's party, his adopted family. But when they seemingly rejected one of the core parts of Garen, he saw it happening all over again. And he was angry and afraid, and then did something unforgivable. Like Ryoka, he ran. And he's never been able to stop running since then. Never able to trust. And trust goes two ways. So Garen has always been alone.

Ddraig

oof one hell of a dead subforum right now