The Witch Of The Rock is (not) taking commissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWitchOfTheRock

I'll admit, the art you posted in the previews aren't good enough to justify the 250 price, but...I looked through the Wix portfolio. Definitely top tier art worth that price actually.
I should post different art in the previews then! I only posted stuff I had made covers with >.> thanks for the feedback on this!

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Listen buddy, i support the sentiment. But pardon my language, dont be a cunt just cuz the STYLE isnt to your liking.

Plenty of well known stories had art way worse than this.
First, they changed the pictures after I said that, which you would know if you actually read the thread and weren't just jumping to conclusions to satisfy your own ego, ergo, white knight.
Second, no.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
First, they changed the pictures after I said that, which you would know if you actually read the thread and weren't just jumping to conclusions to satisfy your own ego, ergo, white knight.
Second, no.
Hey. I think you went too far as well. I saw this post when it first came out and while I agree with some comments it's a bit overpriced and sure it's not the style I’m into, I can still appreciate it and not call it ugly. I just tapped out of the site and went on my day. You however went too far. It's the same as calling an authors book shitty. How do you feel if you promoted your book and someone commented "it looks boring and generic".

I’m both an artist and an author so I won't let this slide.

Also, the whole "what if an author gets ripped off" is between the seller and the buyer. If they get ripped off, they'll learn from it and move on or something. It has nothing to do with you, nor will it ever.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Hey. I think you went too far as well. I saw this post when it first came out and while I agree with some comments it's a bit overpriced and sure it's not the style I’m into, I can still appreciate it and not call it ugly. I just tapped out of the site and went on my day. You however went too far. It's the same as calling an authors book shitty. How do you feel if you promoted your book and someone commented "it looks boring and generic".

I’m both an artist and an author so I won't let this slide.

Also, the whole "what if an author gets ripped off" is between the seller and the buyer. If they get ripped off, they'll learn from it and move on or something. It has nothing to do with you, nor will it ever.
Sorry, but you clearly have no idea how valuable money is, especially right now. I can't stand watching other people get ripped off.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Sorry, but you clearly have no idea how valuable money is, especially right now. I can't stand watching other people get ripped off.
And I told you to mind your own damn business. They're advertising, you're allowed to say "It's overpriced, maybe lower it?" If that miniscule thing you call pride isn't able to do even that, don’t comment at all.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
And I told you to mind your own damn business. They're advertising, you're allowed to say "It's overpriced, maybe lower it?" If that miniscule thing you call pride isn't able to do even that, don’t comment at all.
No. lol

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Your work personally seems pretty cool to me. I love the style and colors specifically the fairy one. *If it is a fairy...*

I don't know if I would pay that amount for art, but then again this kitty cat is cheap as fuck.

Keep up the good work, and I hope you get many commissions! :blob_aww:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Second, no.
Changing the pictures doesn't matter worth a damn, it's still the person's own work and they look fine. You're just being a salty lil bitch for some reason. Who are you to judge anyway? Let ththe people who buy her work decide whether they got ripped off or not.

This is standard price anyway. You obviously only looked around Fiverr. Most artists always charge over 100 dollars for even for just upper body and minimal background.

I'm not saying you have to like that, or buy it. I am wondering, why the fuck should you care what other people decide to do with their money? They can afford it, apparently. Them not liking the final product is a separate matter entirely

TheWitchOfTheRock

Your work personally seems pretty cool to me. I love the style and colors specifically the fairy one. *If it is a fairy...*

I don't know if I would pay that amount for art, but then again this kitty cat is cheap as fuck.

Keep up the good work, and I hope you get many commissions! :blob_aww:
:3 thank you so much! She is a fairy for sure. I had a lot of fun getting the wings to look iridescent like that! I called her “Fae in Mourning“ The story is that she, an immortal fae, fell in love with a human who died of old age. She’s holding his skull in her lap

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Bruh. Just like how people don’t want to pay for books, you’re not willing to see others pay authors more than 5 damn dollars for several hours of work? You’re an embarrassment to the entertainment circle.
$250 is a bit more than $5. Lol

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
$250 is a bit more than $5. Lol
I’m saying that artist always undersell their work. And that's a bad thing. We should start valuing artist way more. I don’t want to hear how to market stuff from a guy who can probably only draw stick figures.

You're allowed to have opinions but once they're invalid or stupid (like really idiotic) like yours, try to shut up? Zip it? Keep the cat in the bag? Shush? Do you need me to continue? Or do you understand. I can dumbify it for you, I’ll do anything to help a local idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.