The Witcher Writers Hate the Source

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Well, some information came out that the writers for the Netflix show the Witcher hate the source material. Honestly I've found the show to be pretty good despite that, however the game is much better, although I'm kind of worried about the future of CD Projekt Red's commitment to making good games after the 2077 disaster and the conference they just had.

Anyway, here's to hoping the quality doesn't drop off... though I think it might. Henry Cavill, you shall be missed.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Jesus Christ, I hope future adaptation writers despise their source materials as much as the Witcher writers they did a GREAT JOB hating on the games.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Well, 2077 has gotten a second life because of Edgerunners. People have flocked back to it because of the anime.

RockiesRetriever

Well, some information came out that the writers for the Netflix show the Witcher hate the source material. Honestly I've found the show to be pretty good despite that, however the game is much better, although I'm kind of worried about the future of CD Projekt Red's commitment to making good games after the 2077 disaster and the conference they just had.

Anyway, here's to hoping the quality doesn't drop off... though I think it might. Henry Cavill, you shall be missed.

It really annoys me that with these big projects they allow people who don't really care about the source material, plus are lacking in other qualifications to run things. Like that whole Rings of Power mess of show, run by two people who had never had a released project. I know the answer is it's all just stupid money stuff, and execs could care less about if something respects the source material. It doesn't stop it from sucking.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Personally I didn’t like the casting decisions on the Netflix series. However, the acting was good enough despite the game had much better character design.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Jesus Christ, I hope future adaptation writers despise their source materials as much as the Witcher writers they did a GREAT JOB hating on the games.
hey, even idiots can get things right (rarely) by accident. For every Witcher, there's a Rings of Power or Cowboy Bebop or Halo or any of the litany of other horrible half-assed 'adaptations' of games/novels/manga/etc

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

The writers for the Netflix show will probably turn some characters into female lesbians or something
hey, even idiots can get things right (rarely) by accident. For every Witcher, there's a Rings of Power or Cowboy Bebop or Halo or any of the litany of other horrible half-assed 'adaptations' of games/novels/manga/etc
Rings of power sucked lol

Jemini

Well, here's to hoping X-Men 97 does well. Although, a sick part of me kinda wants to see it fail as well, just because it would be hillarious if The Witcher, a show where the writers hate the source material, did well and X-Men 97, a show where the writers are outright mandated to respect the source material, winds up being a flop.

I mean, that sick part of me thinks it's funny, but the logical part of me knows it would set a very very bad precedent for the future of adaptations. So, yeah. X-Men 97 better do well.

sam9501

I just had this discussion with a friend. I feel like the writers for these adaptations think they can make something better then the story people already like. (Recent star wars movies, lord of the rings, etc.)

And some simply use the name of a well loved story to garner interest in the show they make.

I don't know why this is so hard for these people, Game of thrones did really well until they ran out of source material. People loved the shows. I think it just comes down to pride and arrogance.

BenJepheneT

Well, 2077 has gotten a second life because of Edgerunners. People have flocked back to it because of the anime.
i've been a 2077 apologist since day one. will i admit the game is good? no. it's not, but the setting and the story is so good i tolerated the shit and made out with the gold.

LORD_SHAXX

i've been a 2077 apologist since day one. will i admit the game is good? no. it's not, but the setting and the story is so good i tolerated the shit and made out with the gold.
The setting is interesting and that's it. The story is pretty meh at best. Saying this game has a good story means you have to lump it in with games like Detroit become human and I just can't do that

SailusGebel

BenJepheneT

The setting is interesting and that's it. The story is pretty meh at best. Saying this game has a good story means you have to lump it in with games like Detroit become human and I just can't do that
nah, fuck that.

2077 had filler quests and throwaway one-note NPCs, but also had the year's best VG characters, a good plot that takes advantage of the setting, and one of the very few Hollywood casting in video games that work.

Detroit was David Cage looking at what Remedy Entertainment's Quantum Break and thinking, "I could make that shallower."

2077 is the new-age Fallout: New Vegas, but no one's ready to have that conversation yet.

LORD_SHAXX

nah, fuck that.

2077 had filler quests and throwaway one-note NPCs, but also had the year's best VG characters, a good plot that takes advantage of the setting, and one of the very few Hollywood casting in video games that work.

Detroit was David Cage looking at what Remedy Entertainment's Quantum Break and thinking, "I could make that shallower."

2077 is the new-age Fallout: New Vegas, but no one's ready to have that conversation yet.
A good plot? This game. Please. Saying this game is as good as new Vegas is a good joke. The story of this game is so on the rails for an rpg it's unreal. And yes Keane was cool but you can tell his presence had a massive effect on the narrative of the game and not in a good way.

At least in cp2077 your decision actually have a direct impact on the story. And we're actually interesting

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Dude, it should have been so much better. The tv show shit on poland. They changed so much. No wonder cavell quit. Good luck with him being superman.

If you liked that drivel, and can only imagine how the full effect would have been. So much wasted potential.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation

by source you mean game or novel series? Cause novel series slaps, and if they hate on it, they must have terrible taste