The You of 2013

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
She would probably pack up and leave my ex-boyfriend early and go to Hawaii with my husband the first time he offered instead of waiting another year. She might have a difficult time explaining why to everyone, though, so maybe she would just wait it out while mentally preparing to say goodbye and jump ship that night he didn't come home instead of letting things drag out another month.

Kenjona

I will tell myself it gets better, but you need to Invest in XYZ ASAP!

Tempokai

Overworked One
Younger me probably had seen it coming to my older me, so I probably didn't change that much, only being a little wiser

Katako

My past self reacting to me writing probably will be like this.
"Huh, you write stories? It's funny that you actually wrote the most generic vacation story in front of class".

ASHARA

I was 7 so I would just say "Good going kid, avoid the pedophiles, you'll be alright." And give him a hug. Then again 7 year old me was very much a wreck by that point so he won't say he appreciates the hug.

He'll probably be angry at me for not trying to be an actor but will come around to being a writer if I show him cool Knights. Idk we're both wrecks of different magnitudes but will probably atleast be amiable to each other even if we might not like each other.

KrakenRiderEmma

Pretty good question — 2013 me was at a pretty low point. So even though I don’t feel “impressive” at all in 2023, the me from ten years ago would be impressed at how I managed to turn things around in ten years. And of course then I’d be like “wow, you don’t even want to know what kind of stupid stuff happened in the world during the last ten years, it just keeps getting more ridiculous, but still, you’ll be glad you didn’t roll off the edge of that roof after your bad breakup.”

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Damn, I was 23 at the time. I'd be ashamed of my younger self.

RobBanks

Give them a hug. Tell them it'll be okay.

Tell them just a tiny bit about Java and C# and what they serve for.

Tell them that videogame they want to make isn't nearly as complicated as they think. They just need practice and patience.

Tell them roughly 90% of what your teachers will tell them about the future will be lies, especially if it's bringing them down.

Tell them if someone physically threatens you from upclose again, a punch in the nose is more efficient than a push or an insult. And if it's a girl, don't run, hit harder. The outcome of that won't be pretty at first, but that'll escalate lot of conflicts and drama way faster to the inevitable conclusion and save you time later to worry about things and hobbies you like instead of being afraid of everyone.

It probably wouldn't change much about the me of now. But I think it could've made me just a tad bit happier overall. Self-esteem and all that.
Basically. I would want to help them speed up the painful, embarassing moments and other bothers so as to give them more time for old passions I only really got around to doing today, but would have liked to enjoy more back then, too.

celestialbeing90

life was shit then and its even shittier now! but i can firmly say that i have a little more wisdom now!

Corty

Spaghetti Monster

ACertainPassingUser

Ahh, 2013.

A lion cub that has been grown in the sheltered lab finally sent into the jungle to meet with other lion and get bullied like the weak, as the law of jungle dictates.

Kinda funny that the jungle didn't allow murder between lion, so the alpha lions bullies get punished by counseling department.

It also quite funny that the lion had better chance to be accepted into better zoo if he just learn math and didn't get lazy on the subject.

But I think the lion cub will have better chances if he fully learn to fight within the lab, as the lazy lab researcher actually just agree to anything the lion ask.

It's just the lion decide to be ignorant and impassive most of the time, as the lab researcher lazy and rotten personality seeps into the lion cub mind, the lion cub also became infected by the laziness.

But, serious answer.

Probably he'll disappointed that I still didn't have job or girlfriend, or potential wife.

But he can't argue either as he's in far worse condition than me currently.

The only one good thing he have is that he actually manage to learn English subconsciously without much active learning or training. He's still at listening level, nothing special.

Let's just say I didn't remember why or how he even managed to learn English at all, it feels like walking. He simply know he could somehow.

It's not like he's born in USA/EU where English is like another basic language. He's born in third world country where English is quite a skill and require active learning.

It's like when an America just fully understand Japanese without realizing even tho he didn't interact with Japanese, didn't learn from anime, nor focusing reading advanced japanese learning book.

All he did was learning through teacher and reading a basic book occasionally, and suddenly he just understand subconsciously.

But that's about it. Magically learning about language without realizing isn't something that help much in life.

Can't repeat that feat with another language yet, as active learning by practice actually hinder the sensations of learning. What a useless skill.

when I think about it again, it's definitely a achievement through years of bad habit and something I should unlearn to learn like other normal people to increase the efficiency.

In the end, Maybe he can be at peace knowing I managed to play all the game he wants to play back then, and watch the movies he wanted to watch back then, with all the internet connection i have.

Especially knowing that I didn't smoke, drink beer, or become drug addict is going to be a good point for him.

Last edited:

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
Sacrificed time with friends and family to be the perfect student. I closed myself off, thinking anything except studying was a waste of time.

Thank goodness my close network didn't give up on me, but the amount of time I had to regain their trust and reconnect could've been saved if I was a little less conceded.

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
I will stay the fuck away from the me ten years ago, it was when my sociopathic behaviors started and most unhinged, fuck that child.

ArchmageOfTerror

I’m curious to know the thoughts of a person regarding themself 10 years ago. Would you like yourself? Would you two be friends? Would you repress any thoughts about yourself in sheer embarrassment? What do you think about yourself in 2013?
Well 10 years ago I was just a brat who knows nothing so what can I say about him and I might not like him as being 10 year older and we can never be friends with the same excuse

D

Deleted member 113259

2013 me didn't really have any presence (don't remember him), cut to a few years later though and I wanted to take over the world. Whether figuratively through capitalism or literally through politics I don't remember. I guess he'd be disappointed I haven't started that plan yet.
I will stay the fuck away from the me ten years ago, it was when my sociopathic behaviors started and most unhinged, fuck that child.
damn what did you do?

KinkyDao

Personally I'm not sure if myself from 10 years ago would have even reacted. I had problems with expressing myself or any emotions. I think the reason for it was that I had been bullied most of my life and I had found that no response was a valid enough response as it made the bullies lose interest. Better to not express and when I had a chance sit on the toilet all of my break watching anime. My relationship with my sister was frustration and anger on her side as she tried to get a reaction of any kind from me. While mine was apathy wondering why she was always so emotional and angry.
I had a poor relation with my father. As we are extremely similar in personality but I went to grow passive while he had always been a super active military type.
It wasn't good in general. Easier to cry into a pillow when alone then let anyone know that I generally was just feeling bad.

As it stands now 10 years later. My sister and I have a good relationship and it's no longer me being to quote " a dead fish". I have become better at emotional and social ques even though I don't always hit them perfect 😅. My relationship with my father is today strong and not at the edge of breaking entirely.
I have made an attent at uni where I have studied high school teacher as well as archeology. Today I wouldn't say I'm without fault or that I don't have things I would change and such. But compared to the dead fish of then I'm in a much better state now.

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
I was struggling to even live back in 2013-2014. I was a skeleton after losing thirty pounds from my 110 pounds frame. I still get nightmares from seeing my pictures from back then. No way in hell I’m saying anything to 13 year old me