The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2019) (Now voting)

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress

(Submissions are closed and voting is open. If you'd like yuri and you'd like to vote, you can do so here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5118579/ )

I thought I'd mention this here, since there are more writers here and some members who aren't on NUF~!

The Yuri Garden (the gathering place for yuri fans on Scribble Hub's older sister site's forum) is currently holding its annual writing competition, which closes at the end of July. For prizes, there's forum money and advertisement: your story and any other yuri stories you write will be permanently linked to in the OP, and your author blog or profile will also be linked to, so people can try out your non-yuri stories.

Scribble Hub novels are shared and discussed in the Yuri Garden, so it might be a great way to interact with some of your fans. Or it can be an excellent way of challenging yourself by trying a new genre and getting some feedback on it.
We're actually still recommending last year's stories to new people, we liked them so much~!

If you'd like to try but feel a little overwhelmed tackling the yuri genre, we now have the Yuri Writing Help Room here on the Scribble Hub forums, where you can ask any questions you wish~!

Find out more about the competition here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4964682/

Last year's winners:
First Place: "The Magician & Her Princess" by Suou (2485 words)
Second Place: "A Spring for Ilys" by isecai (1921 words)
Third Place: "A Letter to a Future Dream" by BB_Tensei (1501 words)

Last edited:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Yuri in 1500-2500 words hmmm.

That's going to be a challenge.

You can get a surprising amount done with it, based on previous entries.

Hm... Is it worth linking last year's winners to give people examples of what they could do with the word count?

Kotohood

Noob Author
You can get a surprising amount done with it, based on previous entries.

Hm... Is it worth linking last year's winners to give people examples of what they could do with the word count?

No it's ok. I got an idea in my mind already.

You might want to post examples anyways for others that might be interested. I'm sure they will need all the help they can get.:blob_evil_two:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
OP is now updated with the links to last year's winning entries and their word count~! As you can see, some truly wonderful pieces can be made with this word limit.

Ninetailed_Furball

1 month?!

Wow, I was working on my frenetically only to give up when I realized that I was only halfway through it and already over 3k words and only a few hours from the deadline.

Must've horribly misread the due date. Looks like I'll have the time to shape my entry up then :blobrofl:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
For anyone interested, there's now 1 week remaining to enter~! I advise submitting a few days early in case you need to make last minute edits to comply with the rules.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
There are now less than 24 hours remaining to submit entries. There's a BST clock here if you need it: https://time.is/BST

Once it hits 23:59, this competition will close.