Resolved There is a bug with the "trending"... I think...this is not a joke

No seriously. Not Trolling, and.... this is not an urgent bug

So I have been testing the "Trending" front page Vs the "Release filter".

Here is what I learned.

By filtering the Genre I limit what's on the "New Releases" and the "Treading", that's all fine and dandy.

So by blocking everything but Action, Fantasy, Lit RPG

I essentially forced A Metaverse Dungeon – Foodie’s Enigma by @RiahWeston to trend every hour, every day and every week.

HOWEVER!!!

When I try to limit the genres further! Making it limit to 1 or 2...

The "Trending" stubbornly reverts to an unfiltered state! Even though the "New Releases" adhere to my demands!!

So yeah... no hurry... and I am not exactly invested in this... but this is a bug, right?

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
No seriously. Not Trolling, and.... this is not an urgent bug

So I have been testing the "Trending" front page Vs the "Release filter".

Here is what I learned.

By filtering the Genre I limit what's on the "New Releases" and the "Treading", that's all fine and dandy.

So by blocking everything but Action, Fantasy, Lit RPG

I essentially forced A Metaverse Dungeon – Foodie’s Enigma by @RiahWeston to trend every hour, every day and every week.

HOWEVER!!!

When I try to limit the genres further! Making it limit to 1 or 2...

The "Trending" stubbornly reverts to an unfiltered state! Even though the "New Releases" adhere to my demands!!

So yeah... no hurry... and I am not exactly invested in this... but this is a bug, right?

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

It's actually not a bug and it was programmed that way. If there's zero results in the trending page due to your filtering options, I made it display the default trending list instead.

now if we can exclude the tags like 'bisexual protagonist' it will be perfect

but it's good enough since now i can only see girls love novels.

FlyingPirateCat

It's actually not a bug and it was programmed that way. If there's zero results in the trending page due to your filtering options, I made it display the default trending list instead.

I think you should've let the page really display an empty list when the search result is 0.

If there is no result, then just say no result.