Things you like to do before writing?

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Jack off, smoke weed and prepare some munchies.
Or jack off again.
You work better when you ain't horny.
People need to jack off more. So many benefits.
Hmm...idk, when I do lewd stories, it's better before I jack off.

Hi, I also like listening to music before I write, but only exciting music works. Also, listening to exciting music only works for generating exciting plot material so I guess the music mood has to fit the scene I'm writing. The music is only good for helping me generate the idea though: it's far too distracting to listen to while I write.

I have a large list of events that I brainstormed for my plot that I added to over time. I usually extract one of those events and then create a little jot note outline of major points I want to occur in the scene. Then I write my chapter and edit.

Last edited:

Exitiumm

Note, I don't write on ScribbleHub, but one of my favorite activities to do before writing is to just well, do nothing! I may just look at the wall for a while, or stare at the stars if I can see 'em. For me, it helps clear my head while also giving me what I like to call 'imagination time'.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Note, I don't write on ScribbleHub, but one of my favorite activities to do before writing is to just well, do nothing! I may just look at the wall for a while, or stare at the stars if I can see 'em. For me, it helps clear my head while also giving me what I like to call 'imagination time'.
What the...why are you here, Exit? Thought you were only on Discord/NUF.

Also, for me...coffee. Lots of coffee. It's my creative drug juice. :blob_sir:

Mcoorlim

I wake up, make a pot of coffee, check my email, and get to it. I'll generally work on 3 projects a day, each for two hours with 5 min. breaks every 25 minutes to avoid getting carpal tunnel or messing up my posture. All 3 projects won't necessarily be writing, sometimes they'll be game dev or working on a YouTube video, but the bulk of my workday is writing.

Exitiumm

What the...why are you here, Exit? Thought you were only on Discord/NUF.

Also, for me...coffee. Lots of coffee. It's my creative drug juice. :blob_sir:

Is there a problem with me being here eh? Anyway, just boredom and was looking for something to read. Feel free to drop me some recommendations.

LWFlouisa

Do you have any specific stuff you like to do before writing your chapters?

This depends on the writing: for poetry listening to Spanish, French, and Portuguese music. The more traditional the better. When writing fiction, screenplays, comic script, and drawing I tend to prefer the environment as quiet as possible.

I should qualify I used to prefer synthwave, but it's been affecting my concentration as of late.