This might not be your cup o' tea, but please tell me your opinion on this novel I'm working on!

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I don't know yet, but since it's yuri I've added it to my reading list and will eventually get to it

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I don't know how to prevent that in my own story

ok read the first chapter. It's such a blatant wish fulfillment, it actually made me sad, as I assume the person who wrote it is getting the opposite in their life

Last edited:

Astrokitten

I think this story is an interesting way of exploring gender issues but I don’t think you’re handling what is a sensitive topic well. I get that you’re going for more of a light and fun read but I think you should do more research into gender dysphoria and the actual experiences of trans people. I think nuance would add a lot to make your writing feel less boring to you.

another piece of advice, try experimenting with different styles of writing to find something that feels less boring. Or maybe try to avoid drone mode and only write a little bit at a time

punchew

yay. First thing I hear is people talking about how "light-hearted" I am with the theme!
It's not like I want it to focus too much on gender issues and dysphoria.
Anyways, point taken, might lean into heavier themes (or not).

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
yay. First thing I hear is people talking about how "light-hearted" I am with the theme
Is this sarcasm? What tone are you aiming for? It's not something you should let other people decide.

As for the story, in the first chapter everything feels a little rushed, and it's hard to tell who's talking. Try breaking up each speaker/thinker into their own paragraph so you can tell who's talking at a glance. Like this.

I never thought that she would turn out this cute, sure I’ve thought about if he were to become a girl but I didn’t think it would turn out to be true!’
This line is especially awkward to me. Why was she dating him if she wanted a girlfriend instead? If it's a personality thing, but 'it's just so unfortunate that he isn't a girl'; that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Having said all that, its very sweet, very much something I'd enjoy reading when I have nothing else to do. I'll maybe continue the next few chapters later.
Small Edit: Hmm, it very much leans into a weeb type of diction which is a huge negative for me personally. The second chapter does seem a little better at separating speakers, though.
Edit 2: But the POV keeps randomly switching as well. Not even just from character to character, but from third to first person. That definitely needs work.

Last edited: