Writing Prompt Those kids that got saved from Truck-kun

Llamadragon

A kid just got pushed out of the way of a speeding truck by some random guy who died in their place. What happens next?

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Either the kid gains power (supernatural or otherwise), knowledge, and/or prestige, or the kid now lives a life reminiscent of Final Destination where they keep experiencing near death situations but others keep saving them until the kid(s) themself decide to end it.

Very different stories

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
QT: The kid hits his head on a pole causing him to gain back the long lost System and remember his mission. This world, is just one of the worlds he needed to go through in order to collect enough energy to return to his original body that is currently in comma due to being hit by a truck.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Those kids aren't real. Truck-kun is like an angle fish, only his bait is either a cat or a child or stuff like that. So, they are decorations

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Alice was checking her email in the morning, when she noticed a suspicious email in her inbox titled “Want to be isekaied? Open to find out more!”
This seems fishy, but I have anti-virus software. Should be fine, Alice thought as she opened it.
“Are you tired of your boring, mundane, life? Want to be a hero in another world? Reply now!”
Alice was bored, so she decided to yolo reply to the email. Seconds later, she received another one that informed her that with the low price of 1 euro, she can choose what kind of world to reincarnate into.
Alice thought, Even if it’s a scam, one euro isn’t that much. And if it is true, that is a really cheap price.
Thus, Alice chose an otome game setting, since she wanted to be surrounded by handsome ikemen. She received a final email, telling her to go to a deserted road and wait for a truck with a picture of her favorite otome game. She should then jump in front of it and then get sent to another world.

At the appointed time and place, Alice showed up with a can of pepper spray just in case. Not long after, she saw a random suspicious guy loitering around the sidewalk just as she was. To Alice’s relief, the guy wasn’t paying any attention to her and was mumbling some disturbing things about a zombie apocalypse and whether a chainsaw or a shotgun would be better. A few minutes passed and Alice heard a horn in the distance. She looked at the empty street and saw the promised truck heading toward the street. Alice stood in the middle of the road, with her arms wide open and her eyes closed, waiting for the impact.
And then she felt the impact. Except it was from her side and felt as if she was pushed. When she opened her eyes, the random guy was standing in the path of her truck yelling, “Other world, here I come!” and then became paste.
Before she could think about what just happened, she saw out of the corner of her eye another truck barreling toward her. The truck in question had zombies printed on it. Before she could scramble out of the way, she was hit.

When Alice came to, a grizzled looking old man was yelling at her, “Wake up! The zombies are coming! Here, take this chainsaw and help me get rid of them!”
As Alice cut another zombie, she internally cursed at the random guy from before, wishing she could have at least sprayed the guy.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
He or she gets traumatized and has to spend a lot of money on a therapist, but because they're Japanese and not American, their family's overall finances are stable and they move on with their lives.

Now, the American kids are a whole different story.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
A kid just got pushed out of the way of a speeding truck by some random guy who died in their place. What happens next?
That random guy was Keanu Reeves and he ended up reincarnating into the world of Adventure Time. Meanwhile the guy who lived killed himself after harassment by Keanu's fanbase, he also ended up in Adventure Time. He became B-mo. As for Keanu, he ended up as a young Ice King who used his powers for the good of the realm, enjoying praise as the Just King, the Hero of Ooo and the Kind Gentleman. He took Marceline as his wife and Fire Princess as an adoptive daughter after her home was destroyed by Finn, who had become a Lich in an attempt to bring Jake back to life when the doggo died saving Finn.

Last edited:

SilentApproval

The kid dies at age 89 happily with his last thoughts being of the man who saved his life. The kid is reincarnated as an elf in a fantasy world as the child of the man, now also an elf, who saved his life all those years ago, but neither of them know it until the kid accidentally lets a modern word slip catching the attention of the reincarnated man.

Last edited:

Myrane66

The kid dies at age 89 happily with his last thoughts being of the man who saved his life. The kid is reincarnated as an elf in a fantasy world as the child of the man, now also an elf, who saved his life all those years ago, but neither of them know it until the kid accidentally lets a modern word slip catching the attention of the reincarnated man.
Mine is similar to yours, except that the kid got reincarnated as an elf girl and got rammed by dark elves.

LuminaMystere

Geez, why did that have to happen on today of all days?! I'm already stressed out enough... my exams are in less than a week! I mean... if my teacher wasn't this terrible, I wouldn't have had to spend all night cramming literally everything from the course. It's a miracle I didn't get hit by that truck, when I spaced out and fell into the road.
...Come to think of it, I distinctly remember getting pulled back onto the footpath by something. Everyone around me was screaming about how someone jumped into the road, but... when I fell back onto the footpath, everything was quiet again. I think I heard someone whisper "What was I doing?", or something like that.
I really need to get more sleep.
Finally, I'm on break. I've got, let's see... about an hour before my next class. That should be enough time to head to the library and find out who this number that keeps calling me is. My phone says that it's just spam, but it doesn't look like any phone number I've seen before. I should be able to find something if I just search it. Maybe it's for a region I don't recognise...
...Why do I have so many spam emails?! They're all from the same sender, too... 'Would you like to go to another world?', 'How'd you like to be a hero?' ...No thanks, fighting is scary... 'Explore a real world of magic!' As cool as that is to imagine, it's definitely fake... 'We need you to save the world!' Yeah... I'm just going to delete all of these.
Wait, are there seriously no results for this phone number? Is it even a real number?!
Seriously? Why is there even stuff in my mailbox about this other world nonsense?! It all repeats the same boring drivel as the emails too! 'How'd you like to go to another world?' 'Learn to control magic and become a magic master!' 'Haven't you always wanted to be a noble, with servants at your every beck and call?' No, I haven't! Stop shoving your weird fantasies onto me!
"You're a stubborn one, you know?" Oh, great, now I'm having dreams about it. And who are you meant to be? Some kind of battle princess? How can you even fight in clothes like that... it looks like someone stuck plate armour on a wedding dress!
"I'm not a battle princess, I'm a spirit!" You're a nuisance, is what you are! You know what, this is my dream! I'm the one in control here, and I say that I need to study!
"Oi, are you listening to me?"
"Great, now I'm stuck here with you!"
Who's pulling my cheeks this early in the morning? ...Actually, who is that? My apartment should be locked... wait, you were that weird girl that was in my dream! Why are you floating?!
"I told you, I'm a spirit! And thanks to you being so stubborn, I couldn't bring you back to my world, and now I'm stuck here!"
Wait, does that mean it's your fault that I nearly got hit by a truck? Are you the one who sent me all the spam emails, and all those weird flyers?
"Yeah, and it's your fault for being so boring! Why would you not want to go to another world? It's another world! With magic! And monsters!"
It's scary! Why would I want to be constantly fighting for my life? That sounds more like a horror than an adventure!
"Oh, and I have to stay here with you. You're the only one whose magic can sustain me, y'know? That was why I picked you to go to my world."
I don't care! Just be quiet and let me study!

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Black was not Mark's favorite color. Neither were suits his favorite outfit. Unfortunately, he was wearing both today.
The funeral was a small procession. Those attending were the deceased's family, and some old acquaintances. There was also Mark's family, the black sheep among black suits and dresses. There were many wet eyes and runny noses in the pews. Mark had both as well.
Mark was crying for a man he did not know. His name was Daniel Vulram and he had worked as a programmer for a large software company. Only one man among the audience was from the company. The company was apparently rushing to meet a deadline at the time of Daniel's death, and he was the linchpin of the operation. Now that he was gone, the company was rushing to fill the hole instead of acknowledging it existed.
Daniel's parents and brother were sitting in the front rows, right next to Mark's family. Mark had briefly met Daniel's parents before the procession, and while they were kind, Mark could see the grief in their eyes, and perhaps something more.
Blame.
But they would never accuse the child. Pinning the blame upon the kid would be too much.
No. They blamed the driver.
The driver was brought to court by Daniel's family and Mark's. They won the case easily, as it was found that he had previously been caught speeding twice, and the footage they found of the incident showed the driver did not attempt to slow his truck down at all. The Vulram family got a settlement from the truck company to help pay for the funeral, and the share that went to Mark's family went towards the Vulram family as well. They lost more than Mark's family did
But that was before. Mark was looking at a coffin. Mark was crying.
Mark didn't know what he should do.
He hated that he wasn't more careful. He wondered why he didn't look both ways at the edge of the street. He promised he would from now on. He hoped the man who saved him would come back if he promised to never do it again.
However, the corpse in the casket would not rise again.
But sometimes, a stupidly hopeless wish made for the sake of another can count for something, the goddess thought to herself, as she whisked the soul away.

Last edited: