• Right Cover

• Left Cover

• Neither

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Unregistered

Cover II.jpg
Cover.jpg

With each story developed by young authors, there always seem to be new ideas and new designs. I'd like your opinions on this thought: Should I go ahead and change my cover art or wait a little bit longer before making that decision?

If you're not familiar with my novel, the colourful, vibrant cover (right) is my current one. While the the darker, more allusive one (left) is what I recently created. And yes, yes, I know... The cover isn't everything. It might capture reader's attention; but, if your story's not good it won't matter. Hey! I felt compelled enough to take my question to the forums. (Knowing I'll likely get trolled. Lol.) And I don't think no one here on the forums reads my novel, so hopefully I'm not spoiling anyone here with this question.

RockiesRetriever

I think the left one is a lot more artistically interesting. In my personal opinion I'd be much more likely to click on the left one than the right, as the right one looks rather generic to me.

Unregistered

And you what do you prefer this one?
Or the second?
I'll go with the first. Considering using real imagery of others on a book cover really does entrance the readers and gives them a visual idea of what characters likely look. "Don't judge a book by its cover..." But the cover looks too good not to at least pick up. Lol

LilRora

Mostly formless
I'll have to question the skeletal integrity of the guy in the second, considering how his left leg is bent, but overall neither would be really 'better'."

Now I'm not basing it on anything except my thoughts, but I think the left cover would attract more people. The other is kinda generic.

If I were you, I'd just switch it now, and if the number of readers dwindles, swap it back. If not, then good. I don't know what the book is about though, and depending on the content either could match the story much better.

Unregistered

I think the left one is a lot more artistically interesting. In my personal opinion I'd be much more likely to click on the left one than the right, as the right one looks rather generic to me.
This is not wrong! The right cover was created in a very short span of time with little creativity on my part. As opposed to my signature, you can see the notable differences. Of course, that doesn't mean it an't always be adjusted to match. Definitely taking this reply into consideration.

And while we're at it, I actually like your cover for Dog Boy. If the title wasn't enough to give readers an idea of what the story was likely about, just seeing a visual representation of a dog's paw and a boy's feet mixed together definitely makes things look interesting!
I'll have to question the skeletal integrity of the guy in the second, considering how his left leg is bent, but overall neither would be really 'better'."

Now I'm not basing it on anything except my thoughts, but I think the left cover would attract more people. The other is kinda generic.

If I were you, I'd just switch it now, and if the number of readers dwindles, swap it back. If not, then good.
Wait. Our left or his left? Lol. Just kidding, of course. His pose is questionable. And I can't disagree. You're second to state how generic the right cover looks. It was made fairly quickly as opposed to the time and creativity that went to the left cover. Taking this reply into mass consideration. Thanks, my dude!

D

Deleted member 93348

Kinda indifferent, but I'm gonna have to agree with the others. The left one goes hard, though the one on the right somewhat captures the Naruto aesthetic.

Snowyflakes

It depends if the left cover matches the atmosphere, style, and story of the novel. However, I am quite picky, and I found the eyes to be too close. So, I will opt for the right cover (which is the one that you already have).

RockiesRetriever

This is not wrong! The right cover was created in a very short span of time with little creativity on my part. As opposed to my signature, you can see the notable differences. Of course, that doesn't mean it an't always be adjusted to match. Definitely taking this reply into consideration.

And while we're at it, I actually like your cover for Dog Boy. If the title wasn't enough to give readers an idea of what the story was likely about, just seeing a visual representation of a dog's paw and a boy's feet mixed together definitely makes things look interesting!

Thanks, a lot of people on the site bashed my cover a while back. I like it's simplicity. It tells you all you need to know.

EternalSunset0

View attachment 15420View attachment 15421

With each story developed by young authors, there always seem to be new ideas and new designs. I'd like your opinions on this thought: Should I go ahead and change my cover art or wait a little bit longer before making that decision?

If you're not familiar with my novel, the colourful, vibrant cover (right) is my current one. While the the darker, more allusive one (left) is what I recently created. And yes, yes, I know... The cover isn't everything. It might capture reader's attention; but, if your story's not good it won't matter. Hey! I felt compelled enough to take my question to the forums. (Knowing I'll likely get trolled. Lol.) And I don't think no one here on the forums reads my novel, so hopefully I'm not spoiling anyone here with this question.
I like the old one more. I prefer the colors and the character art there, and I would likely click it since it captures the whole Naruto "feel" a lot more.

Unregistered

Kinda indifferent, but I'm gonna have to agree with the others. The left one goes hard, though the one on the right somewhat captures the Naruto aesthetic.
My reasons for posting this. Lol.

It depends if the left cover matches the atmosphere, style, and story of the novel. However, I am quite picky, and I found the eyes to be too close. So, I will opt for the right cover (which is the one that you already have).
What are you trying to say about Asians? Haha. Just kidding! Will go ahead see if I can adjust the spacing in the eyes. Who knows? Others might see the same thing. Glad you caught it.

I like the old one more. I prefer the colors and the character art there, and I would likely click it since it captures the whole Naruto "feel" a lot more.
Considering someone like you added your take on this, this comment definitely has me considering a lot at the moment. Why? Fractal Plane. All that needs to be said. Lol

EternalSunset0

Considering someone like you added your take on this, this comment definitely has me considering a lot at the moment. Why? Fractal Plane. All that needs to be said. Lol
Lol you read my stuff? That's a surprise.

I'm not any big time writer or anything, but I'm glad my opinion mattered. Glad to have helped.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's going to depend a lot on what readers are in the mood for. The left one looks more like a mystery novel, and the one on the right looks more light and fun, perhaps even slapstick.

Unregistered

I'm glad my opinion mattered. Glad to have helped.
Always!

Looked back at this thread and I'm honestly surprised so many people think the one on the right is better
It shouldn't be a surprise. Vibrant, radiant colours (despite how simple) tend to be highly favourable. Which I'm accepting of (for now). Lol

One on the right is brighter, and uses the rule of thirds. Scientifically it is more eye-catching.
This oddly familiar. Lol

It's going to depend a lot on what readers are in the mood for. The left one looks more like a mystery novel, and the one on the right looks more light and fun, perhaps even slapstick.
Rakitan! I love seeing your signature! Andi t's funny you should mention that because the novel is more in the darker side of things.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
For the people who can't read kanji, how're they going to understand the left cover lol.

For all I know, you could be calling your readers plebs or binding our souls with some Japanese spirit-texual contract, you sonofabich.

Unregistered

For the people who can't read kanji, how're they going to understand the left cover lol.

For all I know, you could be calling your readers plebs or binding our souls with some Japanese spirit-texual contract, you sonofabich.
Well I'll be :blobchristmas:

JenLeifire

I would go with the left. The right one seems (even more in your sig) like a copy of Naruto o.o (has even the same writing style) unless that was your intention ofc.

Edit: nvm it seems intentionally I guess as you dip into the Naruto world, but I would still use an original theme for yourself for cover and not straight the Naruto style if it was me because then people think this is straight a fanfiction.

Unregistered

I would go with the left. The right one seems (even more in your sig) like a copy of Naruto o.o (has even the same writing style) unless that was your intention ofc.

Edit: nvm it seems intentionally I guess as you dip into the Naruto world, but I would still use an original theme for yourself for cover and not straight the Naruto style if it was me because then people think this is straight a fanfiction.
Appearance does matter after all :blob_cookie: