Thoughts on Uncharted movie?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Do you think it will be added to the list of mediocre to bad video game films?

Last edited:

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
I imagine it will be assassin's creed level of good/bad-ness.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Do you think it will be added to the list of mediocre to bad video game films?
tommy boy needs to put on about 20 pounds of muscle and grow a good stubble if he wants to pull the movie off, but barring that...yesh, it's gonna tank
I imagine it will be assassin's creed level of good/bad-ness.
seriously, why did they have to change so much shit? Hollywood needs to understand that when something isn't broken don't fix it

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I haven't seen it. Is there any good reason I should?

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I haven't seen it. Is there any good reason I should?
It is just going to be a nostalgia cash grab to hopeful fans that think, "This time a videogame movie based around one of my favorite franchises won't suck!"

It is best to just stay home and watch a movie.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Didn't go watch the movie as well as mortal combat cuz I know it is gonna suck.

Don't get me wrong, I did not watch mortal combat because I get the vibe that it is going for the serious route in the trailer even though the videogame feels like a joke plus I am not a fan to the game.

When Tom Holland was announced casting as Nathan Drake, my eyes were rolling. I think that the company just throw Tom into the seat solely because him as Spidey is famous enough. The trailers did not boost my confidence.

Am seriously worried for Mario the movie with them voice casting the titular character with Chris Pratt.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I remember seeing the Warcraft movie with people, and afterwards I thought it was alright, till I found out no one else understood anything that was going on.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Haven't watched it but I think it'll be an alright Rotten Tomatoes 40% movie to shut your brain off to. I mean, the original quadrilogy plays like a movie itself. It's literally Naughty Dog's patented Third Person Over The Shoulder Movie Game formula. Sort of a cinematic inception. Nathan Drake copies off Indiana Jones and now he's on... the big screen again.

My issue is that Hollywood execs are terrible at casting for video game films. It's never good casting, only popular casting. Who's the actor with the most engagement on Twitter right now? Spiderman? Alright, put him as the main role. He's too young? Okay, make it a prequel then. Now we have to cast Sully, but since it's a prequel, we don't need to find some grey hair mentor. Just throw in Star Lord and call it a day.

Hell, someone made a fan made Uncharted film back in 2018 and I'm telling you, this feels a dozen times more comfy than the constant barrage of set piece references I saw at the trailer.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Mhmhmhmh and mhmhmhmhm. My thought’s are mhmhmh

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
They should have left that one Uncharted.

... I seriously can't believe nobody has made that joke yet. Not sure if I should be angry or proud