Time traveling

Satansoul

useless member
If you can travel faster than the speed of light, you can travel in time. :blob_salute:

2wordsperminute

2. There is no "time" and the universe is "slowing down" in compliance with the conservation of matter and energy, but since we are all slowing down together at the same rate, we can't tell, except by observing the redshift because the speed of light is a constant.
Gotta love the heat death of the universe. Genuinely a terrifying concept ngl.

dummycake

Intrusive thot
I'm not too familiar with the Terminator universe, but I think there were at least two divergent timelines?
Uh, no. Terminator allows for time to be changed and allows for alternate universes/timelines.
I barely remember the movies but I don't think I'm wrong because it's like classic pop culture trivia
the first two movies, what the people of the future did in the past caused the future they came from. like the guy impregnating Sarah Connors and, I think, Skynet accidentally creating itself?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
If you can travel faster than the speed of light, you can travel in time. :blob_salute:
That only works if space-time is smooth, but it appears that space-time is pixelated, because the Planck distance is the shortest possible distance you can travel. Oddly enough, this means that perfect circles are impossible. That means any real-world circle is actually a polygon, and thus Pi is finite. If Pi is finite, it is impossible to exceed the speed of light.

Unless you subscribe to M-theory "tunneling past the speed of light" crap.
F**kin' M-theory.
I didn't come here to prove anything. Nor was I looking for input. It was just a Ted-talk with the same type of validity. :blob_cookie:
Ah. yes. I agree. TED-Talks lack any validity.
I barely remember the movies but I don't think I'm wrong because it's like classic pop culture trivia
the first two movies, what the people of the future did in the past caused the future they came from. like the guy impregnating Sarah Connors and, I think, Skynet accidentally creating itself?
In the first movie, Time Travel was the Bootstrap paradox with predestination.
In the Second Movie, we had temporal deviation with timeline displacement.
In the Third Movie, we went to Bootstrap paradox with timeline displacement.
In the Fourth Movie we went to temporal deviation with predestination. (How does THAT work? f*cked if I know.)
in the FIFTH movie we went to temporal deviation with Parallel Timelines co-existing.
In the SIXTH movie the writers didn't have a goddamn clue how to write time travel and fucked everything up by having some sort of destiny cannot be changed NO MATTER WHAT, but destiny CAN be changed if you have a vagina.

No. Seriously. You cannot change fate unless you have a vagina. That was the message of the sixth one. Also Immigration is good, men are all evil. It was like South Park wrote a script for the IP and then someone said, "Lets do that, but be SERIOUS about it."

The TV series was just a cluster f*ck when it came to temporal mechanics.

Edit: NO. The sixth movie was that Episode of Rick And Morty with time traveling snakes.

Last edited:

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Time traveling works; we just don't see them because they forget to calculate the fact that:

- We move through space
- The Sun is whirling through the galaxy, dragging us along, rotating around Saggitarius A*
- The whole galaxy is moving in the meantime, being in its local cluster.
- And do not forget that space itself is expanding.

When they go back to see the Titanic, they pop out into the vastness of space and die.

Thank you for coming to my SHF-Talk. See you later.
Well time functions differently depending on where you are, in space time should be slower and gravity makes time slower, I know these two kinda contradict themself but probably only aging changes through these factors but that's just information I picked up from somewhere.
In the SIXTH movie the writers didn't have a goddamn clue how to write time travel and fucked everything up by having some sort of destiny cannot be changed NO MATTER WHAT, but destiny CAN be changed if you have a vagina.

No. Seriously. You cannot change fate unless you have a vagina. That was the message of the sixth one. Also Immigration is good, men are all evil. It was like South Park wrote a script for the IP and then someone said, "Lets do that, but be SERIOUS about it."
I would say that's an average Hollywood movie (nowadays).

melchi

What is a custom title?
Time traveling works; we just don't see them because they forget to calculate the fact that:

- We move through space
- The Sun is whirling through the galaxy, dragging us along, rotating around Saggitarius A*
- The whole galaxy is moving in the meantime, being in its local cluster.
- And do not forget that space itself is expanding.

When they go back to see the Titanic, they pop out into the vastness of space and die.

Thank you for coming to my SHF-Talk. See you later.
Isn't this the premise for steven king's the langoleers?
None of that proves time travel works.
In fact, you have failed to prove that time even exists. It might just be a "rate of change". This would solve the paradox of why there is no Anti-Arrow of Time. Why we can't find any "Chronotons" or "Tachyons".
The redshift we see looking at distant galaxies could be because the universe is expanding faster and faster.
OR
The rate of change for the universe could be slowing down. If "time" slowed down, universally, that would explain the redshift.

So, which makes more sense?
1. The universe defies the laws of conservation of matter and energy by ACCELERATING faster and faster as it flies apart.
2. There is no "time" and the universe is "slowing down" in compliance with the conservation of matter and energy, but since we are all slowing down together at the same rate, we can't tell, except by observing the redshift because the speed of light is a constant.
Actually, I heard a professor that had an interest hypothesis that the speed of light could be different other places in the universe. It reminded me of that episode in the expanse where they had a speed limit in the anomaly. If our galaxy has a speed limit imposed then it would explain why we don't see other intelligent life from other places.

It may or may not be correct but thought that it was something interesting to consider.

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Ya’ll have too much time on your hands. Get a real job.

Corty

Marzipan consumer
Ya’ll have too much time on your hands. Get a real job.
Don't be jelly.
Actually, I heard a professor that had an interest hypothesis that the speed of light could be different other places in the universe.
The speed of light is the speed of the render distance of the simulation we are living in.

Nothing can go faster because that is how quickly the simulation can render things. It's that easy. If it can render something faster than that, it just becomes the new speed of light.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
The issue with space is that our perspective of it is based on gravity and the particles within it that move according to gravity. Space dust moves according to gravity, and so space travel is measured in the movement of a craft against that gravity.

Without gravity, there is no way to chart any point in space, which is why some planets outside of a galaxy or that don’t rotate around stars go at 1/6th the speed of light.

Relativity.
As far as time is concerned, it depends on whether time is affected by gravity? Theoretical models that are most used today suggest it can be in accordance with the math involved in black holes.

But that’s all extrapolation.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Don't be jelly.

The speed of light is the speed of the render distance of the simulation we are living in.

Nothing can go faster because that is how quickly the simulation can render things. It's that easy. If it can render something faster than that, it just becomes the new speed of light.
Well until we go to another galaxy and measure the speed of light there it can't be known for sure.

I disagree. This is all based on the theory of relativity, mostly, and as far as I am concerned, that theory has yet to be scientifically proven. The theory of altered perception by relativistics does make sense, but a change in perception does not equate to an equal change in actual reality. Claiming that movement through space is also movement through time is ridiculous, and while this alone is also unproven opinion, I have the willingness to admit such.