Writing Tips for writing

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Here's a list of suggestions to help you write.

1. Have an accountability partner.
Preferably an author that you respect and are friends with.
As accountability partners, you should seek to have your daily quota of words fulfilled.
Something like 300 words a day might be good if the two of you are new writers.

2. Begin the day early
In the past I used to wake up late. About 7 or 8. But nowadays I wake up about 6:30 or earlier.
Though it may seem like it's a minor change that won't add up to much, waking up that half hour earlier had changed my perception of time.
When I wake up late, time seems to go by faster.
But when I wake up early, time seems to go by slower.
My explanation is that lunch time is considered the halfway point in the day.
Be it unconsciously or consciously.
And when we are past that half way point, our perception seems to rush ahead.
I'm pretty sure this perception of time is the result of our hunter-gatherer past.
We woke up early, we spent most of the day actively hunting, gathering and suffering, and spent the rest of the day in a large passive sense.
Cooking, maintaining the fire, ensuring that the wife doesn't eat a strange fruit.

3. Write early in the day

If your passion is writing, you should write early in the day.
For one, you will make some progress on your passion.
And two, it will become easier for you to write earlier in the day.
For some, this may not sound plausible and that's understandable,
Life gets tedious, busy and full of bull shittery.
So as opposed to writing early, it may be good for you to spend
about 10 or so minutes in the morning towards plotting your story.

4. Don't force everything out

As writers we tend to have a tendency to over work ourselves.
Instead of keeping an appropriate pace of about 1 hour 30 minutes of work everyday,
We usually tend to work in boom and bust cycles.
8 hours of writing on Saturday, 1 hour on Monday.
But no writing on the rest of the days.
Though this may sound counterintuitive towards becoming productive,
You shouldn't force everything out.
You should instead write everyday, but stop writing once you reach a point where
You can go, "This is enough for the day. I have accomplished enough."
If we force all our creativity out, we will be unable to write and will hate writing.
And ourselves a result.
Moderate yourself.

5. Have a plan

It is odd that writers are essentially split into two camps.
The camp which has absolutely no plan.
And the camp with an overly in-depth plan that is 30 pages long.
The suggestion here is to develop a plan.
Not a plan that is seriously thorough and takes weeks to develop
But a short plan that would inform you of how the story should go
From the next 3 chapters to the next arc.
and 6. Read my stories

Snowyflakes

Some of these are good suggestions. I would like to have an accountability partner, as you stated at number 1 (but sadly, I don't :blob_pat_sad:).

Also, one little comment on number 3. I write better at night. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea . Maybe it's the silence, or maybe, it's the calm and cozy atmosphere (I find it that way, at least), but I can't write in the morning. I can edit in the morning, though. Because I am focused and rested (or supposed to be), I am able to pay attention to details and the way I express myself. Therefore, I think that the time when someone writes should be decided by that person, based on when she or he has the time, most inspiration, and feels like doing it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
7. Don't procreate.

Pregnancy causes both physical and mental fatigue
You think you'll get back to your normal self after your fetus transforms into a baby, but your mental state only gets worse
At first, you can't get more than two hours of uninterrupted sleep
You get hand cramps from using a C-hold while breastfeeding
You think things will get better once your baby gets older and breastfeeds less frequently
When it starts walking and climbing on things, you realize you have to give it even more time and attention

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Some of these are good suggestions. I would like to have an accountability partner, as you stated at number 1 (but sadly, I don't :blob_pat_sad:).

Also, one little comment on number 3. I write better at night. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea . Maybe it's the silence, or maybe, it's the calm and cozy atmosphere (I find it that way, at least), but I can't write in the morning. I can edit in the morning, though. Because I am focused and rested (or supposed to be), I am able to pay attention to details and the way I express myself. Therefore, I think that the time when someone writes should be decided by that person, based on when she or he has the time, most inspiration, and feels like doing it.
Same lol

i think i tried to sleep earlier and wake up earlier, but i underestimate how much i can sleep at once.

i think i went to bed around 10 PM and awake at 6 AM but still feel sleepy af, even if i overdratted all the way to 8 AM.

simply since my dreams might often be so exciting i end up wanting more.

tho i do have no regrets since many of my best experience so far came from dreaming.