Tips thread for all authors (that want popularity) so they stop asking

SailusGebel

Lol I'm not sure what you mean. I spent a bunch of time drawing my cover, and people on other sites have said that they liked it, and the people here on the forums trashed it, saying it looked kinda bad in general, that my title and description were boring, etc, etc. I don't personally care that I am not an anime light novel. I care more about objective quality rather than just if it fits for scribblehub - and even then they were kind of harsh.
No one thrashed your cover. You made a thread asking for tips on how to get VIEWS. We gave you tips, saying that your cover, synopsis, and title won't attract views. I, for example, didn't even state my opinion on your cover. I didn't say I like it or dislike it. I merely stated that it wouldn't attract any readers(should've added that I was talking about SH, to be fair). And I ended up being right.

Tsuru

No one thrashed your cover. You made a thread asking for tips on how to get VIEWS. We gave you tips, saying that your cover, synopsis, and title won't attract views. I, for example, didn't even state my opinion on your cover. I didn't say I like it or dislike it. I merely stated that it wouldn't attract any readers(should've added that I was talking about SH, to be fair). And I ended up being right.
I potentially agree for now that RockiesRetriever is wrong about what he said about being "trashed on". Because if you/Sailus is true, its not really "trashing" but more like "bitter truth". I didn't check the thread about it but just looking what both Rockies/Sailus said.
[The truth hurts] so its not a reason to say "people trashed on me" because it hurts. But if this people added insults, mocked, or criticized without decent valid points then yes its being trashed on and posts should be reported.

Also "bad" is relative, and depend on context.
Quality is "good". Its a not-bad cover of footprints in snow. But if the topic is "is this cover able to attract views" then it's grammatically correct to reply "its bad (to use this for views)".
A "gun image" as cover is good if it's a bloody action series but BAD if it's for a wholesome romance series without any guns.

In short, it's always good to take a step-back and look at things in a neutral way. Some people give good advices, some give bad advices, some trolls, some trash/mock, some are just "eating melons". And it's bad to misunderstand the good advices with bad ones.
------------
PS : A good way of thinking is to be like a "food judge". To be neutral and not let emotions influence too much while evaluating things.

SailusGebel

I potentially agree that RockiesRetriever is wrong. Because if you/Sailus is true, its not really "trashing" but more like "bitter truth".
[The truth hurts] so its not a reason to say "people trashed on me" because it hurts.

Also "bad" is relative, and depend on context.
Quality is "good". Its a not-bad cover of footprints in snow. But if the topic is "is this cover able to attract views" then it's grammatically correct to reply "its bad (to use this for views)".
A "gun image" as cover is good if it's a bloody action series but BAD if it's for a wholesome romance series without any guns.

In short, it's always good to take a step-back and look at things in a neutral way. Some people give good advices, some give bad advices, some trolls, some trash/mock, some are just "eating melons". And it's bad to misunderstand the good advices with bad ones.
You can check that thread yourself before making assumptions.

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate
Lol I'm not sure what you mean. I spent a bunch of time drawing my cover, and people on other sites have said that they liked it, and the people here on the forums trashed it
People on SHF will trash you for literally anything.

kophzi

People on SHF will trash you for literally anything.
Happens even in IRL, my ex trashed me for being too nice and buying everything she wanted without any arguments. kekw

Tsuru

Happens even in IRL, my ex trashed me for being too nice and buying everything she wanted without any arguments. kekw
Now humans are worsening at light-speed.

Murphy law. Now the west side of internet is turning into what is chinese internet. Lot of trolls and douches. Bullshit spewed at every turn. etc
constant updates will usually do it
Yep
Its among the list already
even a crap series or hateable series will be tried by people if they see it pop 500 times in daily updates page of the website (>me<)

Tsuru

Simple: Genderbender isekai, boom 300k views.
Anecdote :
There was this genderbent half-elf yuri novel on SH (the one with thunder magic)
Quality was medium but one big reason i read it, is because : THERE WAS NO FCKING OTHER TS YURI ISEKAI NOVEL AVAILABLE ! *breathing after screaming in the mountains*

To be honest, as fan of yuri, it was facepalming, or in fact, very infuriating that every genderbend old series where MC turn into a girl, turn into normal romance (probably to dodge the heavy topic of lesbian/yuri during the era), falling for best friend or something.
They were like Death Note writing a crappy ending to cater to the mainstream-view and not be controversial. Despite the male protag liking the girl before being genderbent.