Tips thread for all authors (that want popularity) so they stop asking

Tsuru

Skip to 2nd part if not interested of the beginning

After 5-10 threads that always ask about "how do i get more readers", and me sometimes re-using same words about the "why/how", i create this thread so some authors can go to this thread-link to if they don't understand.

But first let me mention some series (it is not a troll thread to advertise them) :

Some people probably recognize them as very popular series (in the past or still is) right ?
If you read them you can recognize some recurring details.

And it's mostly : quality, number of chapters, and their themes/vibes
= HIGH QUALITY ; never stopped writing ; 2D and not realistic themes.

Look at current animes, you see more and more isekais which is normal but they are more colorful compared to before. Anything related to reality is less used. Because the more you immerse in a series, the more easy it is for the person to like it.
--------------------------------------------------------
Look at true-endgame. There was a side-chap where author wrote about a another VRMMO MC-group played with sci-fi, created spaceships, battle plans, spaceship weapons, a few sci-fi space mmo mechanics, common science knowledge. INVENTING WHOLE PASTS for the main characters. Beta MC but likeable thx to not being dense. Smut content. Originality. DOGGO (= cheat). Well done side characters. Know and explain about artificial intelligence topics. The urban world of MC is fictive with half-apocalypse bc of pollution + VRMMO theme.
Look at idol agency. Vtubers theme while hololive began. Choosing good songs. Creating character designs likeable. Knowing cultivation routines. Use anti-routines and usual routines. Creating a separate xianxia world despite urban series. Inventing WHOLE PASTS for the characters. Fictive urban with fantasy.
Look at heaven-earth. Well done comedy, knowledgeable about xianxia routines and what like/hate readers about xianxias. Futa smut wholesome theme that cater to readers that didn't have that often. Choosing "invincible MC" theme that can attract readers. Cultivation plot. Anti-routines. Chara designs. Inventing powers/attacks. Likeable side-characters/harem. Original themes or powers.
Look at fate-servant. Anti-routine by writing FMC=AQUA-similar-woman. Smut yuri with Rin. Shameless MC which readers like. Trolling that teens like. Fanfic of masterpiece Fate stay night. Destroy the ploy of original work thx to FMC. Wholesome by saving everyone / killing the villains. INVENTING words, speech, personality, actions that truly fit the characters that didn't get exposure in the original series (assassin samurai is very likeable in it / caster show her perverted side + bi-sexuality). HIGH QUALITY COMEDY. Actions by Aqua that resonate with readers like making Shiro stop being stupid.
-------------------------------------
LIST :

1) Read more. READ MORE. READ MORE !

1.5) "The luckiest man" was a very popular chinese WN because it incorporate jp-comedy/serious-chinese-writing/urban-fantasy-portal plot. How he created it is of course because of reading jp/kr/chinese novels.
2) Takes inspiration from others. " Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
3) Study the "market/readers"
3.5) Basically xianxia or anime-ish are the most liked bc unlike the past, now all teens know 2d-culture and not anymore just 1 otaku in corner
3.7) Smut is the most op shortcut possible
4) Write lot of chapters
5) Quality

5.5) Protagonist, lover, friends, side characters, pasts, world-building, memes, comedy, routines, anti-routines, logic, science, evilness, psychology, romance.
6) A good author keep the mentality of a reader
6.5) If you want to be popular you must know what the readers want and not simply writing what you like without thinking. You can write what you like but some sacrifices are needed so it cater for readers, bc you can't get both the butter and the money of the butter.
6.8) "Dont do to others what you don't want others to do to you". Some chinese authors wrote good novels because they are tired of shit faceslap novels, or write decent faceslap novels, or tired of stupid MCs. They don't write stuff that as past-readers they disliked.
7) COVER/SUMMARIES/TITLES
Lot of readers browse at light-speed and mostly care of title/cover/summaries without trying a chap

7.5) Even chinese novels copy the way of writing long spoiler-titles and funny/trolling summaries of japan. They (90%) even use jp anime-images as covers. Writing a poetic or serious title/summary is a thing of the past. "I became the demon-king with my wind magic" will attract more compared to "The wind mage that became evil".
7.7) Look at new series of front page, some series get 500 readers, while some ero or anime ones get like 2k if luck (example righ-now : Re: Zero as a Servant (Life in Another World) got 2k readers vs 400 in Grandson of the Captain-Commander because of using a medieval-armor soldier cover)
8) Be unique
8.5) Do a theme not done before and not a n-th isekai
9) Find someone you can trust to poison-test your series. Naruto author at beginning wanted to write Naruto as the son of Kyuubi and can turn into a furry (not a joke), it's the editor that stopped it.
10) Interact with comments/readers. Warning that you can't trust most though before the quality of them are ultra low compared to before, as the good or smart ones stopped speaking.
11) A good series make you forget reality and not see the time pass while reading it. Very good series makes you illusion it is real and be addicted. A masterpiece makes you a veteran reader (often) shocked while reading.
PS : Link this to anyone that need help for writing.

Last edited:

Tsuru

To anyone.

Look at what kind of stuff chinese authors are forced to research and write so they can be successful series (warning MTL quality) :
It is the most effective way of communication.

Carnegie said in his book "The Nature of Influence".

Whether it is a butcher, or a baker, or even the emperor on the throne, all like others to show them kindness.

No matter how high the status is, no matter how powerful the people are, they will not reject other people's kindness, let alone help.

Wang Luo is undoubtedly a winner in his life, a big man standing at the top of the pyramid, but it doesn't mean that he is not confused.

He also has a problem that cannot be solved, that is, Jiang Yun.

Wang Shifeng can see from Jiang Yun's indifferent attitude towards her father that the relationship between father and daughter is not good, and it is a standard father who is helpless in the face of his daughter, which also exposes the characteristics of a daughter's slave.

Because it was obvious from Wang Luo's attitude of beating and scolding Jiang Xiaofan's own son.

So if you want to do what you like to Wang Luo, you only need to solve the conflict between father and daughter.

Coincidentally, Wang Shifeng has a way of handling Jiang Yun.

It can be said that the two hit it off and reached a preliminary "cooperation intention", and the rest is the implementation plan.

First of all, it is necessary to find out why the relationship between father and daughter is tense, but with Wang Luo's personality, it is impossible to tell Wang Shifeng the answer openly, and even he may not be sure about the answer.

And as a social expert, Wang Shifeng also knows how to guide questions skillfully.

"Uncle Wang, I don't think you are very interested in the media industry." Wang Shifeng put down his glass and smiled.

"Foam floating in the clouds, is that also called business?" Wang Luo raised his eyebrows and chuckled lightly, with a mocking tone.

From the information in this sentence, it can be judged that Wang Luo is an entrepreneur in the real industry, and has a deep contempt for cultural industries such as the media.

The contempt chain also exists in large industries. Many entrepreneurs of the older generation rely on down-to-earth industries to make their fortunes, such as agriculture, science and technology innovation, manufacturing and other real industries. They generally believe that their industries not only have real assets, but also contribute to society.

With the rise of the Internet, the emergence of various media industries, cultural industries, and e-commerce not only affected their industries, but even achieved their accumulated profits in a short period of time. They are not happy.

In addition, the cultural industry itself is a spiritual product, and the most important asset in the industry may be the "brain". This makes many bigwigs who have assumed heavy social assets also feel resentful, and they firmly believe that these spiritual assets Things are fleeting, the bubble will be burst one day, and human beings still have to wear clothes and eat.

Even a boss at Wang Luo's level cannot escape such colored glasses.

"The bubble was turned into a business, which is mainly due to the credit of finance." Wang Shifeng smiled.

"It seems that you still know something useful?" Wang Luo looked at Wang Shifeng in surprise. He had already known about this young man who had an affair with Jiang Yun through various channels, and finally after various judgments, Wang Shifeng Shifeng and Jiang Yun probably didn't have any possibility, so they didn't intervene.

If you really think about the rumors on the Internet, it is estimated that Wang Shifeng has been isolated from Jiang Yun's world long ago.

"The essence of finance is the possibility of currency circulation. But later, with the emergence of speculators with ulterior motives, false "resources" that were overdrawn during various bubbles also appeared. For example, the concept of insurance, like a Pandora's box, changed the nature of finance.

The media industry and the cultural industry have never had a period of special value in human history. Of course, there have been accidents, such as the white buckskin coin issued by Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty. Although it has the so-called cultural and financial attributes, it has As the imperial power is guaranteed,

material things should belong to matter, and spiritual things should belong to spirit. If the boundary between the two blurred, that would be the beginning of disaster, right? "

Probably he was talking about something Wang Luo was interested in, and he expressed his views very carefully.

"Uncle Wang is right. The confusion of boundaries is the beginning of disaster. The value of cultural products is indeed a bit inflated now. It is due to the abundance of material pressure caused by the advancement of science and technology, which stimulates the spiritual needs of human beings. "Wang Shifeng nodded and said yes.

"To put it bluntly, people are too full now, and they are starting to challenge what it feels like to be cheated. When the movie and music industries were rising, it was normal. After all, this still has real costs. Yes , and the premium of theater ticket prices will not be exaggerated,

but the rise of live broadcasts in the past two years really makes me unable to understand. A group of social scumbags who only know how to cry like wolves use the Internet with a vulgar atmosphere The platform calls the wind and shakes the rain, guiding a group of people who have no three views to create traffic. Let alone whether it is moral or not, why is it valuable? What did it bring to society? To pass the fragmented time of a large crowd? "Wang Luo's tone was flat, but the contempt in his words was beyond words. After he finished speaking, he paused and laughed

, "Little brother, I am only talking about the mainstream environment, not all live broadcasts. I have known about your live broadcasts. You still have certain value, at least It belongs to the knowledge payment industry. "

Wang Shifeng, who was still a little embarrassed at first, didn't feel better when he heard the words.

But he also felt a little emotional. No wonder Jiang Yun complained about his map guns every day. It turns out that his father likes map guns.

"Ha, hahaha, what Uncle Wang said is very reasonable. As a practitioner, I have a deeper feeling than you. Even if I sometimes see viewers spending money to reward me, I will fall into reflection. What am I doing?" Why, what did I bring to them, not to mention other groups of anchors who play scripts to fool fans, engage in contradictions, and suggest soft and sentimental feelings." Wang Shifeng coughed lightly and laughed

, "But there is no way to do that. Yes, any emerging industry is so chaotic in the early days, because there are no rules and legal constraints, and there are loopholes everywhere. After all, there is no law to prohibit it. But to be honest, although the live broadcast industry is not very good, it has indeed changed. The fate of many people has solved the employment problem of some people, but of course, it has created more problems."

"Boy, the reason why I like you is because I see that you still have a conscience." Wang Luo said meaningfully. Wang Shifeng sipped a glass, "If you were the kind of person with ulterior motives, you would have disappeared by Yunyun's side long ago."

"Ahahaha, don't you want to tie me up in a sack and sink into the sea?" Wang Shifeng joked.

"I've watched too many crime movies, but now it's a society ruled by law." Wang Luolang laughed.

After laughing, he took a mouthful of peanuts and smacked his lips, "Besides, Shen Hai's death rate is not 100%, and the risk of crime is also very high. If you really want to do it, you must choose the way of 100% death."

Listening to Wang Luo's understatement, Wang Shifeng felt a chill down his back.

Why does it feel like you are very experienced?

Zhuo!

Ignoring Wang Shifeng's pale face, Wang Luo continued, "The chaos in the early stage of the industry is inevitable, and supervision and rules are indeed needed, but the problems seen at different levels are also different. In fact, when most industries are initially large-scale, The relevant regulatory rules are already relatively complete, so why haven’t they been released? Isn’t it because the bubble is big enough?

Why has it become stricter in the past two years? Isn’t it because the bubble is about to burst and cool down? But these are financial risks, and there are losses It's normal to make money, but the impact has always been there, Xiao Wang, haven't you noticed that young people's views on love and marriage have changed a lot in recent years?"

Wang Shifeng squinted his eyes, "Indeed, it can be seen from the released birth-to-population ratio, as well as the continuous increase in the divorce rate and the continuous decrease in the marriage rate, but this problem is caused by the liberation of productivity and the enrichment of materials. It seems that it has nothing to do with the live broadcast. Let's go."

"Have you washed your feet, young man?" Wang Luo suddenly asked with a smile.

? ? ?

Wash your feet?

Is the foot washing you mentioned serious?

In an instant, thunder and lightning flashed in Wang Shifeng's mind.

"It seems that you are still an honest child, which is rare." Wang Luo smiled lightly, "I am not talking nonsense about the influence of the live broadcast industry. Do you know who is the factor that really determines economic development in Daxia?"

"Yes. ...woman." Wang Shifeng pondered for a moment.

"That's right, as one of the countries with the highest female status in the world, the female group in Daxia is one of the main influences that dominate the economic growth rate. Using the Western theory of sex to explain it, in the division of labor in human society, the male's survival motivation is mating , so work and resources are needed in exchange for mating rights,

but the premium for mating rights in the past was not high, just like washing your feet. Before 68, you could enjoy A-level services, but now you 688 may not be able to enjoy them. It is because the premium is high, and the reason is the emergence of the live broadcast industry.” Wang Luo drinks by himself.

” The vulgar point is that the live broadcast platform makes women’s resource advantages radiate to the group. In the past, a girl, At most, it will affect a hundred heterosexual lickers around her. Now, as long as a girl dares to wear less and post on enough platforms, she can radiate tens of thousands, or even millions of heterosexual lickers. Think about it, this How much is the premium?"

Wang Shifeng's lips moved, but he hesitated to speak.

I have to say that Wang Luo's angle is really tricky.

To expound a theory of "inflating the price" from the perspective of economics and sociology, is this the boss? ? ?

But why does it seem to reveal resentment towards the foot washing service between the lines?

"And the most important thing is that their cost has not increased at all, because with the Internet platform, they have changed from 1V10 to 1V10000, and what they pay is still time cost. According to your so-called theory of productivity being liberated by technology,

Moore's Law means that every 18 The integration density of electronic chips will double every month, so basically every year and a half, electronic products will be upgraded to a new generation, but they don’t need it, the same words, the same style, and even the same money-making routines, no need for any technology To upgrade, you only need to constantly change the platform, and you can get hundreds of times the rate of return after rounds of screening the dog-licking user group. This is very scary, even more terrifying than an empty-handed white wolf. This is definitely not an abnormality. You should understand what I mean." Wang Luo continued.

"So you think Mr. Jiang made the wrong choice for this media company?" Wang Shifeng blinked.

"Yunyun is very smart, just like her mother, but no matter how smart a person is, she can't be immune to any influence. What's more, she is only in her early twenties, and she is in this crooked industry, and she accepts all dirty things. Dirty and weird things, do you think I can stop worrying?" Wang Luo sighed long, showing the worries a father should have.

Indeed, in this industry, you can almost see and come into contact with all kinds of weird and dark things, because this circle itself is the most filthy Vanity Fair mud pit.

Seeing too many bad things, even people with strong psychological endurance, will be affected.

"Once a person gets used to the cloudy sky, it will be dazzling when he looks up at the sunny sky." Wang Luo sighed leisurely, "Her mother and I were busy with work when we were young, and we neglected to care for her, which made her develop a withdrawn personality. But we know that she is pretending to be indifferent. In fact, like other children, she is full of longing and longing for love. It's

just that we were not capable enough as parents at the time. I'm getting more and more indifferent, what I'm really worried about is not that she's going bad, but that she's losing confidence in Sunshine, boy, do you understand me?"

Wang Shifeng blinked, feeling that Wang Luo should be a standard Huaxia father.

Love is hard to express in his heart, and he obviously cares about his children's feelings very much, but he wants to maintain his father's majesty.

It has to be said that based on this alone, it can be confirmed that Jiang Yun is his own.

Damn Tsundere!

"So the reason why Mr. Jiang chose the media industry is because you hate this industry?" Wang Shifeng suddenly had a flash of inspiration.

Wang Luo's hand holding the wine glass trembled slightly, looked over in surprise, and then smiled and said, "You are quick-witted, boy, it may be true. She liked an actress when she was a child, and I bought that company. The actress is not what she imagined at all, in order to prove that I am right, I did a small experiment, which may have stimulated her at the time."

Wang Shifeng pricked up his ears, very curious about this little experiment.

"There are no clean people in the entertainment industry." Wang Luo twirled the wine glass with his fingers, but he didn't talk about the content of the experiment, but it made people think.

Wang Shifeng had reasonable doubts.

You really did this little experiment for your daughter? ? ?

"Okay, let's not talk about these things, let's talk about the business." Wang Luo changed the subject, "What is that cooperation you are talking about?"

Broken dog!

At the critical moment, Wang Shifeng didn't finish his sentence. Wang Shifeng felt resentful, but he didn't dare to show it. He said sternly, "My realm is not as high as your uncle. I entered this industry not to worry about the country and the people, but simply want to pass this industry. Let this world be a little different."

"Good guy, your idea can be called great, you are worthy of being a young man, dare to think." Wang Luolang laughed loudly, with no intention of ridicule.

"Uncle Wang is well versed in the past and the present, so he should know about the Renaissance in the West." Wang Shifeng said with a smile.

"Of course, in the budding period of capitalism, businessmen used art as a glove to overthrow gods and magnify the greed of human nature. What are you going to do, boy?" Wang Luo's slightly drunken eyes flashed aggressively.

If before chineses used the saying "Hardwork is always rewarded" often
now bc of corruption they know that hardwork is never always rewarded, but nonethless now they use "Hardwork is a prerequisite for success" (if you don't try hard, of course you can't succeed)

Compared to some authors that post 1 chap every 3 days or weeks, or 1/month, ton of authors pass the whole day to type 3chaps/day of good quality. Some crazy hardworkers i seen did 4chapters a day for a whole year, without filler chapters.

Some authors bother to check to check data of plagues from health-database with numbers that are not available to public. Some people check current news or science. Some people studies prices of stuff for a capitalist MC. Some cook series have the whole explanation of how to do a dish or rare lifehacks. Some people ask advices from their family members that got a job related to something in their series. etc etc

In short, they work hard for their success and keeping it.
Because like a fav author said : "there is lot of competition now"
Salt or sweet ?

Tsuru

Can you satiate my curiosity about it ?
Why people like the salty popcorn ?

Sure there is sweet / salt camps for people but salty popcorn is just....... its meh.
While sweetness is more "science easy to explain" as sweetness allow the brain to secret dopamine.

RockiesRetriever

Well this was all stuff I already knew. (and some of which I have chosen to disregard).

Tsuru

Well this was all stuff I already knew. (and some of which I have chosen to disregard).
o_ob
"Knowledge is power"

Sadly lot of SH authors don't >_>"
And if you check forum (or my forum posts in other people threads), lot of people keep asking "how do i get more readers".

RockiesRetriever

o_ob
"Knowledge is power"

Sadly lot of SH authors don't >_>"
And if you check forum (or my forum posts in other people threads), lot of people keep asking "how do i get more readers".
I've just kind of decided that i am a traditionalist. I'm writing stories that are not even slightly related to anime or isekai, and I find using light-novel style titles and giving into smut to be rather unseemly. I know I'm taking a major hit in potential readership, but I don't particularly care.

People have insulted my story on here, specifically my cover, but I've chosen what I want to do. I like it the way it is. I just try to write the best I can, and I do get some readers. At this point however I'm mostly just uploading on scribblehub as a courtesy to the people who do prefer to read here rather than on Wattpad and Royal Road.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
1670178221802.png

Dude be spitting facts

SailusGebel

Can you satiate my curiosity about it ?
Why people like the salty popcorn ?

Sure there is sweet / salt camps for people but salty popcorn is just....... its meh.
While sweetness is more "science easy to explain" as sweetness allow the brain to secret dopamine.
I dunno; I simply like the taste. Tell me why it's meh. Additional reasons. To me, a simple salted popcorn is a type of snack that is healthier than potato chips. Plus, I'm currently on a diet and stopped eating sweets, so I obviously can't eat sweet popcorn.

Tsuru

I've just kind of decided that i am a traditionalist. I'm writing stories that are not even slightly related to anime or isekai, and I find using light-novel style titles and giving into smut to be rather unseemly. I know I'm taking a major hit in potential readership, but I don't particularly care.

People have insulted my story on here, specifically my cover, but I've chosen what I want to do. I like it the way it is. I just try to write the best I can, and I do get some readers. At this point however I'm mostly just uploading on scribblehub as a courtesy to the people who do prefer to read here rather than on Wattpad and Royal Road.
Indeed. It's thx to people like you that keep the market diversified.
Bc sure isekai is fun and mainstream but if there are only isekais its disgusting.
o_ob

Also you have the perfect psychology of not caring. Which is admirable. I can but sadly i am too sensitive and can't truly do it perfectly.
Just like the chinese protags in urban WNs that get cyber-violence. They say "Its not like i lose a piece of meat" / "Why should i care of them" / Not looking at phone.

Also it answer a question that authors should question themselves : I write for me or for others ? I write for my self-satisfaction or to get popularity?

Tsuru

View attachment 16330
Dude be spitting facts
I was often told that ^^
Ty for saying it bc i like hearing it.

Its also bc i am versed in psychology and lot of thinking, scientific studies route and years of seeing internet for long while.
I dunno; I simply like the taste. Tell me why it's meh. Additional reasons. To me, a simple salted popcorn is a type of snack that is healthier than potato chips. Plus, I'm currently on a diet and stopped eating sweets, so I obviously can't eat sweet popcorn.
Hm i see. Valid point you got.... :unsure:

For me i say it's meh because the consistence and the taste kinda don't fit. And the quantity of saltiness don't satiate the tongue of wanting something.
Potato chips at least got the crunchiness and potato taste, while popcorn itself is bland like tofu or chewing wax and it's mostly the stuff on it that give taste like shaved-ice or chewing gum.
.....Welp now i think about it, unless it exist, i don't think there exist salty chewing gum but possibly exist as there exist avocado icecream or wasabi icecream etc.

Also i support that indeed potato chips is unheathy.
Seen a study-scientist paper talking mention that the burnt parts (of chips/fries/meat) contain neuro toxins (well not really but things bad for the brain) and can cause cancer.

Btw i recommend to watch
for diet. Of course there are now better videos etc but that shows that it's no wonder JPs live so long if this kind of thing is taught to jp preschoolers, or old chineses do square-dancing.

Last edited:

kophzi

11) A good series make you forget reality and not see the time pass while reading it.

:3

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
I have passed that time where I question how do I get reader as I already got the formula to it. Which I gladly share in my discord.:blobtaco:
Still, one question remain unanswered until now. How do we stop troll? :sweating_profusely:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They're going to keep asking, and when they do, don't forget the most important thing:
You need to give K5Rakitan's stories one star if you want to get on trending!

RockiesRetriever

If you are talking about forums it's a lie.
Lol I'm not sure what you mean. I spent a bunch of time drawing my cover, and people on other sites have said that they liked it, and the people here on the forums trashed it, saying it looked kinda bad in general, that my title and description were boring, etc, etc. I don't personally care that I am not an anime light novel. I care more about objective quality rather than just if it fits for scribblehub - and even then they were kind of harsh.

Tsuru

Lol I'm not sure what you mean. I spent a bunch of time drawing my cover, and people on other sites have said that they liked it, and the people here on the forums trashed it, saying it looked kinda bad in general, that my title and description were boring, etc, etc. I don't personally care that I am not an anime light novel. I care more about objective quality rather than just if it fits for scribblehub - and even then they were kind of harsh.
Your cover is not so bad.
Despite the blandness,
1) Original
2) Its better compared to 99% of webnovels on pixiv that don't have covers OR use covers that use flowers/shadows/legs again and again
3) Fit the theme
4) Got the title
---------------
Why they were harsh
Its probably because they are trollers zoomers

Like i said before, now internet users quality is terribly bad compared to years ago. And the kind or smart ones stopped speaking because they know internet is trash, or simply busy with life as they aged.

A fav chinese author with a slight niche theme told : "now you can't write anymore a series without the MC being handsome and the FL a gorgeous beauty. Readers drop series for any small reasons. Some themes are now taboo and some old masterpieces would flop to the street if they appeared now"

To give a easy example of how bad internet users now are.
Just to go asura-scans discord and be on the general channels. If we ignore the facts it's full of teens, most are decent, but you get 1-3 bastards that pop up with horrible attitude.
Or on disqus (comments add-ons for website at bottom of chapters), i once gave a small paragraph in https://asura.gg/the-lords-coins-arent-decreasing-chapter-79/
that any smart IQ people would understand (deleted btw but replies are there), where i mention that the character is basically a villain with how he acts and speak during overwork and not worth defending like they do. But after getting 10+ smart comments, i also got like 7 stupid people that didn't agree. And 3+ people that directly cyber-attacked with insults, one of them directly asking me to die, his comment-history showing its not his first time being a D to someone.
And not among this replies, further down, there is a dude that directly flaunted that he can punches people during overworked state, as if it was a proud thing.
Write gender bender for a guaranteed reader base no matter how bad your story is.
True
I have passed that time where I question how do I get reader as I already got the formula to it. Which I gladly share in my discord.:blobtaco:
Still, one question remain unanswered until now. How do we stop troll? :sweating_profusely:
You can't. Unless maybe trolling back.
They won't stop appearing, just like people can't make evilness disappear.

Funny thing, i once successful retaliated against a toxic player by simply copy-pasting what he said to him.
11) A good series make you forget reality and not see the time pass while reading it.

:3
uwub

Tsuru

"I don't pay much attention to what topics other anchors are talking about, and I don't like to make many comments, but I can tell you very clearly that the type of anchors in our last topic, everyone We must be vigilant, not only on the topic of men and women, but also on any content that makes everyone subconsciously identify with or has great emotional fluctuations. Everyone should be more vigilant.

Friends who have studied Marxism-Leninism should have heard a saying called "I think, therefore I am" The superficial meaning is that a person can only be called himself if he starts to learn to think. This is a dialectic proposed by a certain western philosopher

. Anyone who wants to guide you to give up thinking and follow his thinking logic, then this person is absolutely I want to control you and achieve my ulterior purpose. Only by doubting everything reasonably can I guarantee my rights and interests. Of course, I am the same. Everyone should question and think about all my actions before reacting. "
Chinese webnovel / plot of livestream healing chicken soup
Just to prove that this popular authors don't simply sleep on laurels and try hard to keep their popularity. They study, learn more, read more, and have lot of EQ to keep readers and not offend them. Because for them, competition is very hard.

Though i can't deny that unlike west, they got standardized contracts, they can get paid by writing on web novels websites. Same for jp, both china and japan web novels authors have possibility to strike big by getting adaptations or even animes if very popular, but its a question of how their countries/industries are, and sadly the west don't pay attention to novels. Exception being are like Harry potter, shade of grey, etc. But if you ever go to library, you can find hundreds of novels but they are unknown.

If west WN authors are probably sad they don't live there, i am sad that i am not in japan to get a editor job.
-----------
Even chineses disdains the faceslap novels as "third rate".
Of course you can still find some raw websites that have like 30+ faceslaps on-going new novels, but now lot of high quality WN appear in their side. Now more and more gems are popping up because of staying at home bc of corona but also lot of bad ones. But one reason lot of good ones appeared, is because this authors were previously young readers that lived their lives reading novels, now older. So they know what is bad and is what good to read and very tired of garbage novels they seen when young. The number of webnovels read by good authors can be very big. They also check other people novels. They know what is trending. They know memes. They know can be popular.

In fact one thing very popular now are : Anti-routines
Write a MC like batman of punishing evil ? Sure. But why write a MC retarded like batman of simply send them to prison/mental-hospital ? They simply makes the MC kill them.
Old routine of a arrogant young master ? No need to wait the MC simply beat him on the spot and won't wait the enemy to prepare a plan against him.
A beauty ? I better stay away.
A beauty asking me to be boyfriend ? Its probably to be a shield against a young master.
A beauty asking for help in the wood ? It's probably a trap or most likely that after helping her, i won't get any reward or probably suffer.

In fact recent KR manhwas (asura scans translation website) with lot of anti-routines, are easiest way to see that KR smelled money to do them hence focus on doing them.