Tips? Tricks? Secret rituals that you use to motivate you when you are writing?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I usually listen to fire music or even epic fight from movies/anime before getting down to write.
This is just now a kinda ritual, a daily habit when writing.

Also sometimes I tend to look at other novels that are fairing poorly (In view count/likes) than me, but seeing the author of that novel is still updating loyally nonetheless makes me work harder as well. This sometimes helps me boost my morale and keeps me going to drop more updates. (Yes, it tends to fan my Superiority complex but it motivates me nonetheless)

What are some other tips and tricks that you guys use to boost your morale to continue writing?
Do you have any secret rituals that you would like to share with fellow authors??
Ultra ego

Baltazyr

Unironically, bathroom visits are great times to get your writing thoughts in order. Showers even more so.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Beer. Some tobacco.

Preferably Guinness or Yuengling Stout/Black and Tan. I like Swisher Sweet Minis and Marlboro Reds.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Something to drink, it doesn't matter what that is, long as I have something to sip while working, I feel forced to sit down and keep doing what I do, I don't know if it works for other people, but I think it's worth a shot.

Gibbs505

Sacrifice a virgin.
Can't believe that no one else doses this, but they are getting hard to find!!!

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
Sacrifice a virgin.
Can't believe that no one else doses this, but they are getting hard to find!!!

It's a good thing you don't help reduce their numbers. Other than sacrificing them, that is.

😂

SailusGebel

It's a good thing you don't help reduce their numbers. Other than sacrificing them, that is.

😂

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Act out scenes before writing them. Also, make sure to lock all windows and doors, so no weirdo from the neighborhood comes to disturb you.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Secret Rituals You Say? Well...

I DO have a supercut of the Necronomicon if you want it. Meaning it's a combination of every version of the Necronomicon I could find. I dunno why I combined all the necronomicons into one file. Just my idea of fun, I guess.

There You Go!
A .docx in a zip file. Let me know if you have any problems and need it in a different file format.

Or if anything happens to devour your eternal soul or anything. Things did keep dying around my house at the time I was researching it. Never did find so many dead animals in our yard before... or garage... or on the roof... or committing suicide by breaking their neck on our fence... or stuffed in my mailbox.

That was the weirdest part. Like, why the hell were squirrels stuffing dead mice in my mail box, along with pizza crusts and bread wrappers?
I saw them, btw. Watched it out the window. It was... odd. You know, maybe they were just stuffing the pizza crusts in there and the mice crawled in, got stuck and died. Now that I think about it, I only saw them hiding FOOD in my mailbox.

That must have been it.

Well, any rate, eventually finished the accursed thing. It's just taking up space on the old hard drive now.

Enjoy.

MajorKerina

I typically respond best to forcible gun to my head pressure from myself angrily demanding that I finish an arbitrary amount of writing every single week or the world is going to explode