tired of the Western movie makers insulting our sacred Animes, Mangas and Games

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
I read from somewhere (it was so brief I don't remember where) that they're going to be making a Western version of Hellsing. My first reaction is: seriously? Just how much of our bibles do you idiots want to taint? You've already tainted Dragon Ball, Ghost in the Shell, Monster Hunter, and it's still not enough?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
The only thing the west hasn't butchered is Resident Evil, but that's by the virtue of the series itself. The movies are shit, but only because the games are also getting shit.

I still love the movies, though. And Resi Evil 5+6. Look man, I'd still agree 4 is the better game but tbh, I replayed 5+6 more than I did with 4.

Isn't Monster Hunter a Chinese movie?
Great Big America is making a new one and, get this; they're doing it with modern military guns in a modern setting

D

Deleted member 29081

The consequences of Anime and all its derivatives have been a disaster for Eastern civilization.

Draconite

Exist in the void
They took everything good in the original and toss it in the trash, and instead fills it with general western bullshit.

Don't they know that there's a reason at why it's popular in the first place?

Generik0

I've heard that it might be written by the writer of John Wick so at least I have some expectations.

I hope he captures the badassery of Alucard the same he did with John Wick.

I mean tbh most animes and mangas are doomed to have shit adaption regardless of what country it is. It's based on the execution of what to do and what not.

D

Deleted member 29316

If one asks why, the only answer is...

6d73f5809eee71835de9a1667fd00b04.jpg

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
You'd think with the upward trend of anime, western comics would take a hint, but it instead continues to screw itself over. Really goes to show who runs the studio

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
They did pretty well with Castlevania though...???

And I can't be the only bitch who enjoyed Dragonball Evolution for what it was LOL

Check out this sexy white boy saiyan rage, ummmmph 10/10 this lady here would date

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I've heard that it might be written by the writer of John Wick so at least I have some expectations.

I hope he captures the badassery of Alucard the same he did with John Wick.

I mean tbh most animes and mangas are doomed to have shit adaption regardless of what country it is. It's based on the execution of what to do and what not.
But here's the thing: John Wick is lauded for its cinematography and choreography. The writing is only there to prop up action scenes and give them context.

We can only hope they deliver as well as they did with John Wick: in the sidelines and void from tampering with the movie itself.

And I can't be the only bitch who enjoyed Dragonball Evolution for what it was LOL

Check out this sexy white boy saiyan rage, ummmmph 10/10 this lady here would date

Well, it terms of pure entertainment, they certainly knocked it out of the park.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member

"insulting our sacred Animes, Mangas and Games"​

Ah yes, the Doom movie. What a masterpiece...

I think it's more than animes, mangas and games that can feel insulting. I remembered watching a movie where some white american orphan got adopted by other race and beat the main villain despite the villain training under a grandmaster while the white guy is a bum.

Ok I lied, I just made up that plot while writing, but it didn't feel out of place for american movies right?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

"insulting our sacred Animes, Mangas and Games"​

Ah yes, the Doom movie. What a masterpiece...

I think it's more than animes, mangas and games that can feel insulting. I remembered watching a movie where some white american orphan get adopted by other race and beat the main villain despite the villain training under a grandmaster while the white guy is a bum.

Ok I lied, I just made up that plot while writing, but it didn't feel out of place for american movies right?
Yup

Reisinling

But seriously, it's simple- they don't give a shit about anything but the trademark. Some people will go and watch it, and someone at the high level will be able to explain their failure with "BUTH THE DATA SHOWED IT WOULD WORK!", everyone pretending they didn't have to take stats classses at their fancy business uni, and ignore that data would show how stupid that move was