Tittle or Term

Ember_Blood

Umm...which kind of title or which term will you use to differentiate between a supernatural power user and a normal human? I mean to categorize them all in a single word. Like how the Chinese give the term "Cultivator" to those who can wield supernatural/magical power? I need one for my novel and I don't like the term magician/ mage/ wizard/ spiritualist/ elementrist/ witch etc. Do you guys have anything particular in mind? Give some suggestions

Initially I used "Diviner" but it felt like I'm calling them gods and normal humans as mere mortal. It didn't quite stand with me.

Last edited:

Jemini

A catch-all for every variety of inhuman power? Well, it's my opinion that there's a reason why we've come to start sub-categorizing such abilities, but if I had to make a catch-all...

Supernatural abilities user. This would include all wizardly magic, as well as all comics-type superpowers and other such abilities like being psychic.

If it's more limited to fantasy magic, you could just stretch the definition of the term "Wizard" like Fairy Tale does.

Echimera

There are many options, depending on how the powers work or where they come from.
  • Wizard, Mage or Sorcerer all work for standard magic, though all have their connotations especially in our world where D&D exists.
  • If the powers are based on the channeling of some external power (be it an inanimate force or the power given by some higher being) in certain ways, Conduit could work.
  • If the powers are in some way divine, Blessed or Saint would work.
  • Mutand and Inhuman were already mentioned, though both have connotations due to their long history in Marvel comics; DC mostly uses Metahuman with little regards to the specifics, I think. All three may sound a bit too scientific for a fantasy setting, though.
  • Cultivator has its own connotations and history associated with the term, mostly rooted in eastern mysticism.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Esper? Gifted? Übermensch? Special Snowflakes?

Just take a word you like and go with it.

Alternatively you could just go by how they got their supernatural stuff from like -touched for whatever stuff made their abilities possible.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
The term depends on which world since I'm writing a world hopping reincarnation saga.