To all readers who just reads one chapter then bookmark/add to reading list. What are you waiting for?

NasVersix

50 chaps for those with a decent length per chapter. If not, around 100... if it even gets to that point. Most would probably be on hiatus.

TheOneWho

I just read all the chapters that are already out, leave it to grow then when I forgot about it. When I just randomly scroll down by bookmarks and see if I will go. "Ah I remember this, look how much it has grown." Then I will reread it from the start. Re-peat.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Don't know, as far as I cannot recognize no coherent behaviour when it comes to this. Sometimes they are forgotten entirely, sometimes they are remembered spontaneously, and sometimes an update is greedily awaited but never comes until you are disappointed.

cheer

I have a second list for series I plan to read, and another for series I've dropped or know I don't want to read, both of which have novels sitting at ch1 indefinitely

UndyingEmbers

I honestly wonder about this too... I look at my stories and never know if people just read one chapter bookmark it and decide they didn't like it, or if they're saving up.

As a reader, I usually bookmark something I'm interested in after reading the first chapter and then over a few days I try to read more.
PS: Just read the first couple chapters of your story. I really liked it. :)

Kotohood

Noob Author
Any bookmarked story will be displayed as being at chapter one, if chapter one (or up) hasnt been read yet, i think

I see, I see.

I have a second list for series I plan to read, and another for series I've dropped or know I don't want to read, both of which have novels sitting at ch1 indefinitely

Hmm, you brought up a very interesting point actually. Would one show up as a reader despite being in the no read list?

I honestly wonder about this too... I look at my stories and never know if people just read one chapter bookmark it and decide they didn't like it, or if they're saving up.

As a reader, I usually bookmark something I'm interested in after reading the first chapter and then over a few days I try to read more.
PS: Just read the first couple chapters of your story. I really liked it. :)

Maybe people are just like me. Bookmark something interesting but never have the time to actually read upon ln it. But you do raise a question that I never thought about. That people add to reading list because they don't want to read the story.

Also, I'm glad you are liking my story so far. :blob_reach:

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
It's probably because I either am doing other things, and not reading, or I'm reading a different one, and I'll read it later.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Ditto to what everyone else said.

I have nothing else to add to the discussion except more blobs. I find a severe lack of blobs in most responses troubling. Sad!

:blob_hmph::blob_ninja::blobspearpeek:

:blob_sir::blob_cookie::blob_popcorn:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I also have a reading list that I use in series finder to exclude items. Things I never want showing up no matter what I look for, basically.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I add stories to my story bank because they somehow interested me, but not enough to immediately read. They will remain there for eternity unless there is some kind of trigger that causes me to rekindle my interest and read them. Triggers could be something like, I have a lot of free time and nothing better to do, they changed their graphic or synopsis and it finally changed my mind, I read a review and it tells me more information about what I'm going to read, I get to know the author or the author puts out a message or picture that intrigues me.

Naturally, if the synopsis clicks with me then I will read it immediately. The story could be 1 chapter long, on hiatus, and or the author dropped it and I would still read it furiously. There have even been 1-3 chapter dropped stories that I have read more than once just because I liked the premise.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I basically dump these things to my lists so I could feel like I got something to do in my unfulfilling life.

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
I like to always have something to read... So I'm always looking for new stories... *cough my reading lists are miles long cough* so sometimes I find stories that I intend to read later or that I save for when another story is getting updates. Or I'm waiting to see if the author will drop it or not. Usually if it gets past ten chapters it won't be dropped.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
depends on which list. If it's one of my "maybe" or "later" lists, then whenever i feel the inclination to.

If it's on my main lists, usually im just waiting for a few more chaps or the update schedule means cliffhangers would be killer so i stockpile

novaes

When I'm reading I'm usually on my phone and cbf logging in, so 99% of the time it might LOOK like I'm not reading, but I am! Heck, I only tend to log in when it's some ungodly hour and I've been awake far, far too long and my brain is frizzled. That's when I tend to think it's a good time to be stupid on the internet, because that voice telling me not to do things went to sleep an hour ago. See attached photographic proof.