To all those authors who can write a chapter a day. I salute you.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
While I’m not among those godlike authors, I do have an idea as to how they do it in two different manners:
1-Prewritten chapters being published daily
2-A well thought out foundation for a story and amazing wpm typing

Kotohood

Noob Author
While I’m not among those godlike authors, I do have an idea as to how they do it in two different manners:
1-Prewritten chapters being published daily
2-A well thought out foundation for a story and amazing wpm typing

It's still quite insane though. Writing 1-2k a day, some even write up to 4k a day. I've no idea how they do it.

See it only tales an hour or two to write the chapters. But I procrastinate. I could be God tier if I wanted to. But the pleasures of the mortal plane see simply too seductive.

Such is the way of the mortal plane.

I can do one chapter a day, but every chapter is just one sentence :D

though it all depends on the mood. if i can't get the inspiration for it, no matter how short, i won't come up with something.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Well, the power doesn't last. My mortal self could only stop when work started to pile up. It's either I write or I write resignation letter...

Underload

Yes, you are right. It's tough to keep writing 2K+ chapters every day for months and months. But it's possible. Not easy, but possible. Drafts are what takes the most time because you are constructing them without any foundation as someone above said. The rest depends upon your editing speed. it takes me almost an hour to edit one page, which is too slow for daily updates. The reason behind my slowness is my style, which I haven't perfected yet.

Andro

It takes me a whole week to write a chapter. I'm working all day and sometimes I don't have the mood to write daily. Or I don't have the time. And I mostly write on weekends. Plus I hate to rush things. I saw people who wrote and uploaded chapters every day, but their work was... well, best not to mention them. They were just s*ck. So I realized it's better to work longer on a chapter. You know good work needs time.

awake1122

This is something I feel with all my heart. I tend to have trouble with getting myself to write, then when I do write, my intended ideas for the chapters will have degraded. I have a story on royal road called the foxy dungeon. I had a character go into town and in my first imagining they had a full day of meeting people and learning stuff, ending with a final important note. When I finally got to writing it, I couldn't remember how I got the character to most of those meetings and endded up just having the easiest one which was with a street vender selling food. I wish I could have written it the day I thought it up though, that would have been amazing.

UndyingEmbers

Usually I spend the early time in the mornings before my kids wake up to relax and write. I find that having quiet time helps me focus. A lot of times I'm thinking about where my story is going to go while I am going about my day, so when I find a little time to write, it's just a matter of putting it into words. I'm a discovery writer, so I'm kind of along for the ride as much as my readers and it makes it fun to write things out and see where my characters go next.

Some days I have enough time to write more than one chapter a day, and others, (usually weekends) I probably will only get a few thousand words down at most. Anyway, not sure if this was any help, but that's basically how my writing process goes. (I wish I had the patience to save some chapters, but I tend to release them right away, haha.)

Kotohood

Noob Author
This is something I feel with all my heart. I tend to have trouble with getting myself to write, then when I do write, my intended ideas for the chapters will have degraded. I have a story on royal road called the foxy dungeon. I had a character go into town and in my first imagining they had a full day of meeting people and learning stuff, ending with a final important note. When I finally got to writing it, I couldn't remember how I got the character to most of those meetings and endded up just having the easiest one which was with a street vender selling food. I wish I could have written it the day I thought it up though, that would have been amazing.
Aww, that's sad. I used to have this exact problem myself, but over the years my mind has gotten better at remembering and making up scenes. Some really good scenes I write down on a piece of paper though. If I really can't remember the scene, then I'll just make new ones, which oftentimes turns out better after a few edits.

jmitsitsiyo

Ah, it takes me a lot of days to finish chapters. So I prefer to finish the story first before updating. Or else, I would be gone for so long since I am busy from school and all. Ah, those authors must be gods to be able to write a chapter a day.

Lightning_Asura

Well, I can write a chapter per day but that sadly makes it a 700~1000 words chapter, though I usually write 1.5k words a day when it's bonus chapter times or simply me being too lazy the day before so I end up writing two chaps to make up for it instead :blob_hide:

cyanwaw

It’s more about having a certain route planned out, and then thinking about the events you want to transpire in between. I’ll think about my story when I have nothing to do or at the gym, and then once I have an idea of what I want to do I’ll start writing. I end up using my phone to write things down a lot as a result.

Scribbler

I could write a chapter in a day if I knew what I was writing, but most of the time most of the time I'm writing I'm thinking about what to write. It's very rare that I do write a chapter in a day, but I have done it.

Last edited:

S-Scherr

I strive to write a scene each day I have an opportunity to write. That generally puts me over a 1000 words per scene. For me, if I can get a streak of days like that going, even if it's just a couple of hours a day at odd times, I build up momentum quickly and tend to write more each sitting. It's been working for me. I've been averaging around 25,000 words a month since January. I'm just waiting for the day I can write full time on a set schedule. I could probably knock out 50,000 words a month easily if not for the whole full-time real world job thing. A man can dream though ;)

awake1122

Aww, that's sad. I used to have this exact problem myself, but over the years my mind has gotten better at remembering and making up scenes. Some really good scenes I write down on a piece of paper though. If I really can't remember the scene, then I'll just make new ones, which oftentimes turns out better after a few edits.
Funnily enough, thinking of how I would explain what I wanted to happen is now giving me ideas on how to make it happen.

Ninetailed_Furball

It’s more about having a certain route planned out, and then thinking about the events you want to transpire in between. I’ll think about my story when I have nothing to do or at the gym, and then once I have an idea of what I want to do I’ll start writing. I end up using my phone to write things down a lot as a result.
I'm pretty similar here as well. I like to put in any spare time I have thinking about scenes and plan out my story in whatever little gaps of time I can find. The more and better I do this, the easier it is for me to write.

Regardless, it usually takes me about 4-6 hours to pump out a 4k word chapter, but that's 4-6 uninterrupted hours, which I've been having a hell of a time doing lately.

That doesn't take into consideration rewriting or even dumping entire scenes. But even then, I can reduce that to the minimum if my planning is good enough. I do forget a lot of the stuff I plan out, but at the same time, I do planning so much that I retain fragments pretty easily and am able to build up new plans from those half-forgotten fragments. The more I plan and replan, the easier the chapter is to write and the better the end product becomes, at least from my experience.

Sonneillor

I am one of those who can write without stopping for a day and then spend a week without writing, I don't like things to be forced, although I usually write up to 10k of words per day simply because I like to write a lot.