To : scribble web owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR-V

Hi sir or whoever own this scribblehub,
Can you please, please let scribble have a currency of its own? And let everyone own the currency either by buying with real money or earn it by doing something exceptional.
Please make this currency as valuable as real money.
Lets call this credit.
Everyone can use this credit to give author appreciation for their works, well, it should be its main use. Let's think about other usage, if think this idea makes sense. And let this credit can be withdrawn to real currency also.
P.S
I recommend block chain

CR-V

Ohh scwibble have a bunch of talented satire commentators
Tony obviously open to suggestion, and there are some non-nonsenses worth reading replies.
Btw, I see some top novels in SH aren't updated anymore. But they are updated regularly in sites like RRL and webnovel... Did you not see the patterns? Are you really gonna bury reality with a bunch of satirical lyrics?

Last edited:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I mean, we don't really need other sites' sloppy seconds either. RRL and Web novels have different focuses anyway.

Webnovel is full of shitty Chinese-novel wannabes with young masters, rapists, and stuff.
RRL is full of litrpg, some well written.

SH is more everything in the kitchen sink, but we seem to have built an identity around being welcoming to LGBT works, which btw, RRL hates.

It's possible that RRL and WN novels didn't gain the traction they wanted, so they stopped, but as I said in the first sentence, we don't really care.

CR-V

Agreed. The freedom in SH is what makes me love the site. The seriousness in dishing out the features for readers and authors are excellencies.
The deaded novels on tops that makes me can't help but worry, hence the post.
I get my point across, at least.
I just hope someone takes notice.

On a side note, if I were tbh about webnovel, I can honestly say, it's the place where you can lower your IQ effectively while feeling a sense of discomfort from the pull of MTL's quagmires and endless shamelessness.

as for RRL... well I still prefer SH.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Btw, I see some top novels in SH aren't updated anymore. But they are updated regularly in sites like RRL and webnovel... Did you not see the patterns?
I actually don't see a pattern here in regard to your original suggestion. I mean I don't know about RRL but authors on webnovel are not paid if they don't enter an exclusive contract. Exclusive meaning that if they want to get that money, they are legally not allowed to post the story on SH or anywhere else anymore. So if they are still updated in both Webnovel and RRL but not in SH, then it's not about earning money but will have other reasons.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
SH is more everything in the kitchen sink, but we seem to have built an identity around being welcoming to LGBT works, which btw, RRL hates.
Big nail on the head. SH is a most welcome and opening environment to all sorts of stories as opposed to the extreme LITRPG fetish that RR unfortunately has (as well as the hate for anything LGBT) as well as the restrictive nature of webnovel with it's not caring about knockoffs and blatant copy and paste as long as Qidian can make money.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Authors would save themselves from posting chapters in so many different literature sites
You know authors post chapter on so many different literature sites mainly to get more exposure?
Still wouldn't change.
For now lets get rid of that depedency on payment service site
Okay, so based on the link you gave me when I asked about what you think blockchain was about, blockchain-as-a-service is a 3rd party company that helps others do blockchain. Why the heck are you suggesting that when the purpose is to get rid of dependency of payment service sites? Not to mention blockchain-as-a-service only helps with the blockchain part. You still have to make a system for your own currency. And I'm pretty sure outsourcing the payment part is a better idea than have Tony try to implement a secure currency from scratch.

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
@binarysoap @HURGMCGURG @tiaf

This person reminds me of Scribbler :blob_hmm:

On that the note, (I know ya reading this CV)

I had read comments above, I still stand on my ground that SH shouldn't have an independent currency

Though you DO KNOW that there HAD BEEN a post where @DaoFox posted a post titled "Currency", dated 12 Jan, and hadn't been implemented till now.

Authors use tips to earn money. Theres 3 options to choose from thanks to JustDerpin requesting a 3rd option from the first 2. Source
Another requested for another form of patreon, sourced from Jemini.

So all I'm saying is, your point is to have it's own currency or another way for authors to earn money right? Other people had stated on the legal issues so I just dug out all the past posts that had been requested. Ya new so you prolly haven't seen these posts. There had been about 3 posts which had similar topic (I presume?) And 2 had been implemented.

And these posts had been done near the start of the publication of SH.

A request is base on your opinion. Which means ppl can give their opinions to the request.
P.s idk if this is ok. But I'm kinda tired of saying no to the request where other people had already stated a reasonable reason and their opinions. And this is my OWN OPINION. If you cant accept my all through polite and rude ways of stating my side and my opinion, IM DONE

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Scribbler’s answers would be longer

Ik but the stubbornness is there and ik we're just giving our points and opinions but I doubt scribbler will listen to them (our opinions)

Plus, didnt scribbler call those who aren't on his opinion "ignorant" or sth? Did you see Hurg being called "tranny" when he just stated his post?

Please mate, you can talk for yourselves or those whose agreed with your opinion. Please don't use such strong words, because you would sound like a total tyrant?
Anyway, thank you for your contribution to the author by supporting him.
And.. once again.. it's not about making money... Its about independency of scribble.

We are just stating our point and our thoughts. I dont think Hurg was supporting but hes just stating his view

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
@binarysoap @HURGMCGURG @tiaf

This person reminds me of Scribbler :blob_hmm:

On that the note, (I know ya reading this CV)

I had read comments above, I still stand on my ground that SH shouldn't have an independent currency

Though you DO KNOW that there HAD BEEN a post where @DaoFox posted a post titled "Currency", dated 12 Jan, and hadn't been implemented till now.

Authors use tips to earn money. Theres 3 options to choose from thanks to JustDerpin requesting a 3rd option from the first 2. Source
Another requested for another form of patreon, sourced from Jemini.

So all I'm saying is, your point is to have it's own currency or another way for authors to earn money right? Other people had stated on the legal issues so I just dug out all the past posts that had been requested. Ya new so you prolly haven't seen these posts. There had been about 3 posts which had similar topic (I presume?) And 2 had been implemented.

And these posts had been done near the start of the publication of SH.

A request is base on your opinion. Which means ppl can give their opinions to the request.
P.s idk if this is ok. But I'm kinda tired of saying no to the request where other people had already stated a reasonable reason and their opinions. And this is my OWN OPINION. If you cant accept my all through polite and rude ways of stating my side and my opinion, IM DONE
You know this discussion has gone too far once I start getting mentioned XD

LWFlouisa

Would it help me get a real book cover? At least while I'm learning to draw myself?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I just wanted to point out that mentioning an unrelated 3rd party as a form of slur is not a particularly praise-worthy forum behavior and should be avoided. It's not very polite neither to the person being slurred nor is it to the 3rd party that wasn't even tagged.

It's honestly getting in my nerves.

LWFlouisa

I mean block chain as a currency is one way it can be used. There is also decentralized social network built on a special kind of block chain where the data is stored on your computer for your specific node, while someone else stores their data on their own node. Meaning that I cannot view and add on to their data on their own machine.

It also gives it partially offline capabilities, so one only has to worry about the web with syncing posts.

But yea I would agree, often how the word is used is by people trying to rob people of their money for fake financial assets.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Amazing!! You say You love this site, but You leech off it, And You watching it dead while taking the sip from Your coffee cup...? Are You one of those torrent leechers? You know, the one who just downloaded everything, but never seed back anything?
You can say shit about me. I'm an asshole. But don't spout shit about our moderator, you ass. Leach? They've been helping the community from the start, getting people involved. They've been helping with running the site since the beginning. Have a little more fucking respect for the people who run the site you seem to love so much.
Btw, I see some top novels in SH aren't updated anymore. But they are updated regularly in sites like RRL and webnovel... Did you not see the patterns? Are you really gonna bury reality with a bunch of satirical lyrics?
The problem with that argument is that it doesn't explain how creating a currency will change that. Perhaps the authors stopped using this site because they weren't getting as much traction with the ScribbleHub community or because they were hoping people would read partway through on ScribbleHub and then move to their main site. Currency seems pretty irrelevant to that.
I also don't see a need for ScribbleHub to become a massive site either, which seems to be the end goal of your currency idea. Once it gets bigger, Tony will have to make more moderators and people to keep the site running, and he might have to get some advertisements on the site too. Things will change, and maybe not for the better.

Last edited:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I also don't see a need for ScribbleHub to become a massive site either, which seems to be the end goal of your currency idea. Once it gets bigger, Tony will have to make more moderators and people to keep the site running, and he might have to get some advertisements on the site too. Things will change, and maybe not for the better.
I think that's the end goal though. To make SH bigger but not immediately. It's a gradual climb and I don't think Tony is in a hurry either.

Btw, I see some top novels in SH aren't updated anymore.
That's a whole different issue. There's an endgame for top novel rankings but, as it is, there aren't enough novels to have a very effective ranking system. There's a whole thread that talks about this. SH ranking system has a temporary algorithm that works. For now.

Honestly, this thread is giving me a migraine.

Scribbler

Woooow, so I just saw that. All I can do is say that I am sorry if I offended anyone and that that was not my initial intent, and ask all to not forgive but to forget about me, as I am of little to no importance as a simple stranger on the interwebs. *bows solemnly*

I'm going to ignore everyone who mentioned me, since if I had done that in the first place, then I never would have found out about this. Please ignore me too.

I never wanted anything from anyone. I just enjoyed smiling on my own. :blob_party:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Woooow, so I just saw that. All I can do is say that I am sorry if I offended anyone and that that was not my initial intent, and ask all to not forgive but to forget about me, as I am of little to no importance as a simple stranger on the interwebs. *bows solemnly*

I'm going to ignore everyone who mentioned me, since if I had done that in the first place, then I never would have found out about this. Please ignore me too.

I never wanted anything from anyone. I just enjoyed smiling on my own. :blob_party:
ok boomer

Status
Not open for further replies.