Today's Kids and Retro Games

YeshuasHeart

I'm wondering if there are kids today that play retro games, since most kids play Fortnite and mobile games.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Hate to break it to you, but retro games were mobile games, just... less mobile. The really old ones didn't have the computer power to do anything else.

Whatever you're considering 'retro', there's almost certainly a market for it. So yes.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
it seems like these days it's the adults who are playing mainstream Warzone Fortnite titles while kids are getting more interested in their old school Undertale RPGs

LilRora

Mostly formless
It would depend what exactly you consider retro games, but the answer would most likely be that they do. Even if most play only what's trending (can I say a game is trending? I think I can) there will surely be some playing other games.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Retro games? Like PS2 games? Or earlier, like pre-PS1 games?

Ninini

Lies! They didn’t have ads in them every .69420 seconds, and I didn’t have to buy loot boxes

pelpelen

When i was seven we had an even slower computer than i do now so used to play a lot of old pc games.
I especially liked the prince of persia series

BenJepheneT

When i was seven we had an even slower computer than i do now so used to play a lot of old pc games.
I especially liked the prince of persia series
oh how i miss the days of playing GTA:SA on 16 fps on my dad's Windows XP

the PC's so busted it's eligible for a veteran's discount

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
i was quite in to retro games as a kid and with mobile emulation being a thing now it can only have become more popular

BenJepheneT

i was quite in to retro games as a kid and with mobile emulation being a thing now it can only have become more popular

Frank-9976

surrealist shortform writer
My favorite NES game was Rad Racer, shit slapped.

Suchende558

I'm wondering if there are kids today that play retro games, since most kids play Fortnite and mobile games.
Honestly the whole thing about children playing fortnite while real is also just A Lie, while it does have a huge player base its not universal, Like i grew up during peak fortnite and i thought it was cringe for little children (that was like 4-5 years ago i was literally 13-14) nowadays i just play it for the haha fortnite but it has its fun ideas.

As for retro games it literally depends on how old you are, there are a lot of zoomers nowadays into old ass games like age of mythology, age of empires, Doom, other boomer shooters, etc. thanks to game reviewers that make it hella interesting to watch.

also i can tell you are OLD and out OF TOUCH and SENILE

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Yeah, sure, of course they do.

Nostalgia may be a pull for old games, but that's just a part of the pull. Other reasons to play old games can be as simple as... Wanting to play the game, you know? Because you heard good things about it, or because you found out about it perchance.

Maybe you saw a new game, played it, loved it, then want to play other games of the same franchise, only to realize it's a 30 years old franchise, so you can play all sorts of old games and see how it evolved.

Wishing to play old games is not something exclusive to people who grew up with old games. I play games that are older than me from time to time and I can have fun with that.

Granted, it's easier to hear about newer games, but old games still have, and will always have, a purpose~

i play retro games since they run on my potato and doesn't rape my SSD.

if only i could have a much compressed ver since i don't give a fuck about their photorealistic bloated textures.