Toilet thoughts: Psychopaths

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
images (5).jpeg

Hello my guys, gals and enby pals.
so while editing some parts of my story something struck me, how people will perceive my psychopath character.
Now the way I wrote is not the calculative emotionless husk that's dangerous... Okay they are, but most all the other MC's are.
Unlike popular media where the psychopath is basically a robot and just kills for no reason I wanted to write one that struggles with their psychopathy in relation to how they handle others and the world around, I wanted to show them care for their friends but in a calculated almost robotic way void of any emotional barrier that would keep most from doing it.
Also wanted to express their inner monologue of despair as they try to figure people and failing for the most part.
Finally I want to try showing love to their life partners but still coming off as cold and distant in a way but not really.

I wanted to write one that struggles with their psychopathy in relation to how they handle others and the world around, I wanted to show them care for their friends but in a calculated almost robotic way void of any emotional barrier that would keep most from doing it.
that's a sociopath not a psychopath. research the difference, and then look up the latter. you should have a better idea then.

BlackKnightX

It’s not psychopathy, it’s called being rational. The character thinks with logic and is always conscious of their own emotions and don’t let them get in the way.

They’re ruthless to their enemy and lack empathy. Why? Cuz, empathy is useless and will only make them weaker.

The psychopathic main character isn’t very relatable unless they do care about the people they love.

If they don’t care about anyone and anything, then they‘re just trash. But if they still do care about the people they love and don’t give a fuck about their enemy, then they’re rational.

ConcubusBunny

It’s not psychopathy, it’s called being rational. The character thinks with logic and is always conscious of their own emotions and don’t let them get in the way.

They’re ruthless to their enemy and lack empathy. Why? Cuz, empathy is useless and will only make them weaker.

The psychopathic main character isn’t very relatable unless they do care about the people they love.

If they don’t care about anyone and anything, then they‘re just trash. But if they still do care about the people they love and don’t give a fuck about their enemy, then they’re rational.
Thanks for the advice, but they don't have emotions, they sorta just over think things never knowing how things effect people never really understanding what sadness or anger feels like.
that's a sociopath not a psychopath. research the difference, and then look up the latter. you should have a better idea then.
And this is indeed psychopathy, people always assume the less violent one is a sociopath but my character will have lots of chances to get the upper hand or get an advantage on a friend but won't take it out of logical obligation to protect them at all costs even if they don't want it or understand their motives.

BlackKnightX

Thanks for the advice, but they don't have emotions, they sorta just over think things never knowing how things effect people never really understanding what sadness or anger feels like.
Then maybe they’re a sociopath. If that’s the case, then it’d be hard for them to care about anyone, not even their loved one. They will only keep them close if there’re benefits to gain. Sociopath only shows their compassion as a way to manipulate people.

And this is indeed psychopathy, people always assume the less violent one is a sociopath but my character will have lots of chances to get the upper hand or get an advantage on a friend but won't take it out of logical obligation to protect them at all costs even if they don't want it or understand their motives.
Yeah, that's definitely not psychopathy. I'd love to explain further but I have a massive headache; I can barely think. just search up psychopath vs sociopath.

ConcubusBunny

Then maybe they’re a sociopath. If that’s the case, then it’d be hard for them to care about anyone, not even their loved one. They will only keep them close if there’re benefits to gain. Sociopath only shows their compassion as a way to manipulate people.
No they are definitely a psychopath not sociopath and they don't show compassion as a way of manipulation they don't really care about manipulation out of their work.
the character is just someone who has no emotions expresses care through logical means and doesn't understand people actions or have empathy for their enemies.
no manipulation, no hostility to the people they care about

BlackKnightX

No they are definitely a psychopath not sociopath and they don't show compassion as a way of manipulation they don't really care about manipulation out of their work.
the character is just someone who has no emotions expresses care through logical means and doesn't understand people actions or have empathy for their enemies.
It’s contradicting, though. Caring is an emotion, so if you say that the character doesn’t have an emotion, then they can’t care for anyone.

Expressing care through logical mean? What even is that? Normal people do things base on their emotion and then justify by their logic. But expressing emotion through their logic is a reverse of that.

Think about it, if you first need a reason (logic) to care about someone, isn’t that manipulation already? When you actually care for someone, you just care, you just feel it, and whatever reasons come after that is just using logic to justify your emotion (caring).

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That sounds like someone who also has dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personalities.

ConcubusBunny

It’s contradicting, though. Caring is an emotion, so if you say that the character doesn’t have an emotion, then they can’t care for anyone.

Expressing care through logical mean? What even is that? Normal people do things base on their emotion and then justify by their logic. But expressing emotion through their logic is a reverse of that.

Think about it, if you first need a reason (logic) to care about someone, isn’t that manipulation already? When you actually care for someone, you just care, you just feel it, and whatever reasons come after that is just using logic to justify your emotion (caring).
Alright let me paint a scenario: the gang is outside hunting predators for sport when one of the citizens is saved by one of them the psychopath without hesitation kills victim and when questioned explains that the citizen would put them in trouble if they told people about them and so as to not let the others let their emotions get the best of and actually save more that are either hunting or doing other business they proceeds to kill the remaining citizens that are the area of collision with the friends not paying mind to morality or how the friends feel at the moment.
That sounds like someone who also has dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personalities.
It's not so much as dissociative disorder and more of it just being them.
They don't have a personality switch or problems with how they interact with people they just have problems understanding how people work or how emotions play into the people they care about lives.
also they aren't manipulative either and therapy won't help them either, at least not for this reason.

Last edited:

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Psychopaths don’t have no emotion, they have difficulty understanding the emotions of others. Yes, there are some with little to no emotion, but in general it might be better to say that they have dampened emotions instead of no emotions. People psychopathy still feel I recommend reading this article:

An excerpt from it: ‘In their own way, says Martens, they can love certain people, even pets. They also hurt from divorce, loss, and self-dissatisfaction. They wish to be accepted, even loved, and they can view with burning envy the bonds others have. “They see the love and frindship others share and feel dejected, knowing they will never be part of it.” Those who’ve established a seemingly normal family life will be grieved over losing or disappointing them.’

longer

Balls
Bear in mind that not every horrible person is a sociopath or psychopath. I believe the term "dark empath" describes people who have the capacity to understand the emotions to a high degree but are very much ready to commit horrific acts regardless.

As someone who has been suspected of being a psychopath, I can assure you that normal people struggle to use the term correctly. My emotions and empathy are completely intact, about equal to that of someone of my age and gender. I just happen to have a unusual lines of reasoning and actions at times. So don't feel as though you have to make someone a psychopath, there's other options out there.

Here's some light reading if you want:https://dictionary.apa.org/antisocial-personality-disorder

ConcubusBunny

Bear in mind that not every horrible person is a sociopath or psychopath. I believe the term "dark empath" describes people who have the capacity to understand the emotions to a high degree but are very much ready to commit horrific acts regardless.

As someone who has been suspected of being a psychopath, I can assure you that normal people struggle to use the term correctly. My emotions and empathy are completely intact, about equal to that of someone of my age and gender. I just happen to have a unusual lines of reasoning and actions at times. So don't feel as though you have to make someone a psychopath, there's other options out there.

Here's some light reading if you want:https://dictionary.apa.org/antisocial-personality-disorder
Thanks for this still sticking with psychopath though and they aren't a horrible person 24/7.
Them being a psychopath is important for their character growth and the others character dynamic plus they will put confidence in their friends by being their chaotic selves so I'm gonna keep I'm keeping it that way.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Thanks for this still sticking with psychopath though and they aren't a horrible person 24/7.
I believe the statistic is 1-100 people could be diagnosed as psychopaths. If they were all bad 24/7, then the world would be way worse than it is now…

BlackKnightX

Alright let me paint a scenario: the gang is outside hunting predators for sport when one of the citizens is saved by one of them the psychopath without hesitation kills victim and when questioned explains that the citizen would put them in trouble if they told people about them and so as to not let the others let their emotions get the best of and actually save more that are either hunting or doing other business they proceeds to kill the remaining citizens that are the area of collision with the friends not paying mind to morality or how the friends feel at the moment.
Sorry, but I don’t get what you’re saying. ELI5.

ConcubusBunny

Sorry, but I don’t get what you’re saying. ELI5.

I painted a scenario from a rough sketch in my book of the psychopath character killing innocent civilians on the off chance that they might get their friends in trouble, not really caring about how they feel about it.
Logical thought void of emotion or morals while still caring for the friends.

BlackKnightX

I painted a scenario from a rough sketch in my book of the psychopath character killing innocent civilians on the off chance that they might get their friends in trouble, not really caring about how they feel about it.
Logical thought void of emotion or morals while still caring for the friends.
Like I said, that’s called being rational instead of psychopathy. They still have emotion, but they just don’t let them get in the way.

Have you ever watch the walking dead? Rick Grimes, the main character, starts off being your typical hero with a sense of morality. He refuses to kill people and will only solve the problem in a more peaceful way.

But as the show goes on, crazy shits happen to him one after another, making him become more broken as the time passes by.

In the later seasons, he can kill his enemy without batting an eyes. Anyone who threatens his and his family’s life will be killed.

Though, all of that killing is for the sake of keeping his family safe, especially his son.

So, like I said, he’s rational. A rational man has emotion. He cries, he laughs, he gets sad, and he gets angry. He still has emotion, but he’s rational.

A rational person has the things they value and want to protect it at all cost, be it their friends or even their beliefs. They’s no question for morality.

But, psychopath is different. A psychopath is someone who has mental disorder and tends to show egressive behavior. They kill people for no reason, or if there is one, then it’s usually just for their own enjoyment.

See the difference? Psychopath isn’t rational. They’re sick and don’t need a reason to kill people.

But rational person only kills people when they have to. They’re still normal person with emotion.

Plantorsomething

View attachment 9988
Hello my guys, gals and enby pals.
so while editing some parts of my story something struck me, how people will perceive my psychopath character.
Now the way I wrote is not the calculative emotionless husk that's dangerous... Okay they are, but most all the other MC's are.
Unlike popular media where the psychopath is basically a robot and just kills for no reason I wanted to write one that struggles with their psychopathy in relation to how they handle others and the world around, I wanted to show them care for their friends but in a calculated almost robotic way void of any emotional barrier that would keep most from doing it.
Also wanted to express their inner monologue of despair as they try to figure people and failing for the most part.
Finally I want to try showing love to their life partners but still coming off as cold and distant in a way but not really.
You might have done it already, but I suggest you really, really research psychopathy. It’s a fascinating disorder, with many symptoms like finding rewards exceptionally motivating, to the point of easily getting trapped in gambling. Also taking risks, chronic boredom, tolerance to pain, high cognitive empathy, masking, the high rate of psychopaths in surgeons and businessme, the tolerance toward trauma and high stress. It’s complex and amazing!