Toilet thoughts: Soft masculine character

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
It isn't a cultural thing. Its a cultural expectation on top of a biological reality. All women are emotional, its just some cultures don't allow them to express it.

lol, what if all men are emotional but culture doesn't allow them to express it?

if men are biologically less emotional than women, why is roid rage a thing? Why are elevated levels of testosterone connected to emotional outbursts, on top of being extra horny?

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Cause they mess up with a natural level of their hormones? :blob_hmm:

natural level of testosterone for men is anything between 200 and 800 ng/dl, it's a huge spectrum

and you missed my point, the point is that the more t you have, the more likely you are to show certain behaviors, because that's how t affects people, it makes them emotional and horny. riod rage is just a slang term for a boarder range of emotional changes that may occur in subject whose t level are high.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
lol, what if all men are emotional but culture doesn't allow them to express it?

if men are biologically less emotional than women, why is roid rage a thing? Why are elevated levels of testosterone connected to emotional outbursts, on top of being extra horny?
Testosterone fueled outbursts are very different from women's emotional malfunctions and far far rarer. This is a classic strawman comparing two totally unequal situations. The vast majority of men across every single culture are far more emotionally stable than their female counterparts.

SailusGebel

natural level of testosterone for men is anything between 200 and 800 ng/dl, it's a huge spectrum
The name roid rage is a shortened steroid rage if I'm not wrong, right? Here's your answer. Roid rage is a thing because steroids are a thing. It has nothing to do with men being emotional OR not being emotional.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Testosterone fueled outbursts are very different from women's emotional malfunctions and far far rarer. This is a classic strawman comparing two totally unequal situations. The vast majority of men across every single culture are far more emotionally stable than their female counterparts.

source: I'm telling you, mate

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
The name roid rage is a shortened steroid rage if I'm not wrong, right? Here's your answer. Roid rage is a thing because steroids are a thing. It has nothing to do with men being emotional OR not being emotional.
check out my edit

anyway, of course it has nothing to do with men being emotional. Just like having high levels of testosterone has nothing to do with being a man.

Hell, you don't even need to have a penis to be a man. If you removed a penis from most men, they wouldn't stop identifying as anything else then men anyway.

however, if we are talking about so called "biology" then moving the conversation to tangible things such as elevated levels of t or sex organs commonly associated with male gender seems like a logical step. anything else then that is unscientific mumbo jumbo

Lloyd

Professional Writer
check out my edit

anyway, of course it has nothing to do with men being emotional. Just like having high levels of testosterone has nothing to do with being a man.

Hell, you don't even need to have a penis to be a man. If you removed a penis from most men, they wouldn't stop identifying as anything else then men anyway.

however, if we are talking about so called "biology" then moving the conversation to tangible things such as elevated levels of t or sex organs commonly associated with male gender seems like a logical step. anything else then that is unscientific mumbo jumbo
Science isn't even real dog.

SailusGebel

check out my edit

Yeah, I checked it and wanted to add the following. Elevated levels of testosterone do affect you. But the thing is, it's a bit harder to go over your own cap cause your body regulates it. That's why roid rage is a thing, you go over your cap, and your body can't handle it. Cause it's something that was brought from outside via drugs. Or you can have trouble with your thyroid gland(or something else, I'm not sure), and that way, you will become hyper-emotional as well. Cause your body can't control your hormones. Emotions=hormones. If you are talking about a broader range of emotional changes, you should look into menstrual cycles. Cause they do affect women emotionally, their hormones to be precise. Compare how many times a man would have a sudden outburst of testosterone without the help of drugs and how many times a woman will have her menstrual cycle?

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
It isn't a cultural thing. Its a cultural expectation on top of a biological reality. All women are emotional, its just some cultures don't allow them to express it.
Man, you must have been around emotional reserved dudes, cause I know no dude in my life that wasn't emotional or expressed their feeling except my father who's a toxic abusive douchebag.
So no dudes aren't less emotional by default just by choice.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Yeah, I checked it and wanted to add the following. Elevated levels of testosterone do affect you. But the thing is, it's a bit harder to go over your own cap cause your body regulates it. That's why roid rage is a thing, you go over your cap, and your body can't handle it. Cause it's something that was brought from outside via drugs. Or you can have trouble with your thyroid gland(or something else, I'm not sure), and that way, you will become hyper-emotional as well. Cause your body can't control your hormones. Emotions=hormones. If you are talking about a broader range of emotional changes, you should look into menstrual cycles. Cause they do affect women emotionally, their hormones to be precise. Compare how many times a man would have a sudden outburst of testosterone without the help of drugs and how many times a woman will have her menstrual cycle?
You've got a point. Fortunately, just as men have nowadays drugs that can increase or decrease testosterone, women have drugs that stop the menstrual cycle all together(that's how medical anticonception works).

Generally speaking, I'm just grateful we live in a modern society where we have a choice over such things.

SailusGebel

You've got a point. Fortunately, just as men have nowadays drugs that can increase or decrease testosterone, women have drugs that stop the menstrual cycle all together(that's how medical anticonception works).

Generally speaking, I'm just grateful we live in a modern society where we have a choice over such things.
Yeah, but I was talking about a general situation without the usage of the drugs. Anyway, though it might've looked like I was trying to say that women are more emotional, I don't think like this. Who and why is more emotional doesn't concern me that much.

Daitengu

You mean like Sam, Frito, Merry, and Pipen from Lord of the Rings? Sure I love those types.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Man, you must have been around emotional reserved dudes, cause I know no dude in my life that wasn't emotional or expressed their feeling except my father who's a toxic abusive douchebag.
So no dudes aren't less emotional by default just by choice.
Sounds like you've been hanging around some real beta males. Also expressing emotion is different than being emotional, im not saying every single man is a stoic. There is a big difference between men showing emotion(passion, anger, ext.) and women being emotional.

Men are more rational than women. I don't think there's any debate there? It's not true for every single person, but on average - it's correct. Also, roid rage is not gender locked. It's the abuse of a substance and the elevated levels of testosterone, which both genders have, and can do.

The thing about expressing your emotions, though, is heavily affected by culture and society. You can't cry; men don't cry. Men are expected to be more emotionally stable. Expressing your emotions is a weakness, and men cannot be weak. This varies from one culture to the next, sure, but the general consensus remains.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Sounds like you've been hanging around some real beta males. Also expressing emotion is different than being emotional, im not saying every single man is a stoic. There is a big difference between men showing emotion(passion, anger, ext.) and women being emotional.

ok so what you're basically saying is not that women are emotional

what you are saying is that women are retarded

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Soft masculine guys are those who have aged quite a bit and matured so much that they look like grandpas who are so done with life. I mean masculinity makes men be tough, confident and all around be more childish to endure so much punishment than women while still be able to continue living. Being soft masculine is like balancing being a bitch to being a man.

Firstly, guys can be open-minded but they aren't manly enough since you can't balance both due to the tough constraints on how guys tend to be raised. If you act nice, it means you are weak and girls would easily scam you, this being thought by our parents due to how guys tend to be raise to be more independent on women.

Secondly, most soft masculine guys are often been seen to be granpas and such, mainly because of how much mature and so done with life that they don't have to always act masculine all the time and be confident at the same time since They DONT care even if they get embarrassed or stuff since they only have limited time living. On the other hand, guys who are still young can't always act confident and even open-minded due to being afraid of taken advantage off while also confident in themselves, afraid of failure that would last a long time.

While women are free from being judge of being masculine or being gay, guys are often laugh if you act too nice or even feminine enough to be labeled yourself as gay. Guys are not only conditioned to be man, we are often judged to be presentable to not be judged as embarrassment as well. So its literally quite hard to be a soft masculine unless your man-child, dense af, or has a mental fortitude being built through the years of depression and such.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Men are more rational than women. I don't think there's any debate there? It's not true for every single person, but on average - it's correct. Also, roid rage is not gender locked. It's the abuse of a substance and the elevated levels of testosterone, which both genders have, and can do.

The thing about expressing your emotions, though, is heavily affected by culture and society. You can't cry; men don't cry. Men are expected to be more emotionally stable. Expressing your emotions is a weakness, and men cannot be weak. This varies from one culture to the next, sure, but the general consensus remains.

that's not it. at least where I grew up it wasn't like that

men weren't supposed to cry not because crying is an emotion
but because crying is weak
and men were supposed to be strong

as for other emotions...
men were supposed to get angry when someone insulted them, and fight, no matter how irrational it was
men were supposed to act rowdy and extroverted and laugh a lot in a company, and if they didn't, they were seen as weird or maybe not enjoying themselves. basically, being an introverted man wasn't a good thing.
men were supposed to be deeply in love with their woman and their family

last but not least, men were supposed to show a lot of positive emotions upon accomplishment. think how sportsmen behave, like soccer players when they score a goal.