Tomorrow is the start of 4 day holiday! Help me find something to binge read!

UnknownNovelist

Tomorrow is the start of 4 day public holiday, and I've already made plans to barricade my doors, turn off my phone, order pizza, and binge read as much as possible until reality hits me again Monday morning.

So, I hope you can recommend me something to read! Time to dig out the hidden gold nuggets, people!

Genres I like:
Action, adventure, xianxia, romance, harem, fantasy

Genres I dislike (insta-drop)
Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Tomorrow is the start of 4 day public holiday, and I've already made plans to barricade my doors, turn off my phone, order pizza, and binge read as much as possible until reality hits me again Monday morning.

So, I hope you can recommend me something to read! Time to dig out the hidden gold nuggets, people!

Genres I like:

Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,

Just join my discord if your bored

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion

Genres I like:

Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,
Lord of the Rings, and its prequel, the hobbit

Last edited:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Kidnapped Dragons - Korean, OP regressor MC but focuses on his goal of saving humanity through unusual means. Has a psychological aspect for both MC and the other major characters. Has a slow burn romance, no harem as far as I'm aware, incomplete ongoing translation at almost 300 chapters.

Breakers - Korean, finished translation at 231 chapters and 3 side story chapters. Transported into a game world, harem(mostly comes together towards the end), war and large-scale battles, and shounen. I enjoyed this one. Check out some of the author's other works if you like it.

The Academy's Deceased Ate It All - Korean, ongoing translation at 136 chaps. Transported into a game world, harem, ongoing/developing romance at the current point in the story, it's pretty good but not top tier. I enjoy reading new chaps to take a break from binging long series.

FFF-Class Trashero - Korean, finished translation at 428 chaps and 14 side story chaps. This story, despite being an all-time favorite of mine, is hard to explain why I like it so much. A few reviews on NU say how the MC is one dimensional and stuff, and say that it's just a pure power tripping self-indulgence kind of novel(which it is, don't get me wrong), but I found while reading it quite a lot of between-the-lines meanings that really hit you on the philosophical side of things, and the MC's view of things was very broken but enjoyable to read. This story features an OP MC getting more OP as a bunch of crazy shit happens, and to be fair it likely won't be up your alley. Just read the tags and you'll see what I mean. Most people probably read it as a no-thinking wind down story, but I think the most enjoyment of it comes from seeing the hidden stuff. Hidden gem imo. One problem is that the translators for the last like 300 chapters took down their site, so you'll have to find a pirate site to read it off.

Lord of the Mysteries - I have been reading this book for months, and I still have quite a bit left to go. Wish I could read as fast as I used to. Anyways I feel I have to mention it since I've been really enjoying it. Finished Chinese translation at 1,430 chapters, one of the most popular Chinese webnovels. Sadly there's zero romance in it, but if you want a heavy and long story that's technically a xuanhuan, taking place in a European Victorian-steampunk kinda aesthetic, with secret societies and churches with actual gods, and a transmigration cloaked behind heavy gray fog, then you should check it out. Not a light read, as there's lots of info to digest, but the MC at least sums things up and makes connections for the many mysteries and secrets for us. If not, I would never be able to read it with all the stuff going on. Also the powers and the system they work on are very bizarre and very detached from normal Chinese stories, so plus for that in my book.

My Best Friend is an Eldritch Horror - The author is a chill dude, so Imma advertise for him. Original English, has 200 chaps rn. High fantasy where the magic system is based on making a contract with an entity from other Planes, and the MC ends up with an Eldritch horror. There's developing romance though it's not listed in the tags, no harem. Has a kinda save-the-world plot, MC's an actual good guy, imagine that. The author has a contract with a real good artist and has some really nice merch. The Discord server is also a chill place where you can see some of the designs. It's cool shit. This is also probably the most xianxia story on this list, because I remember the MC actually sitting down and meditating at one point.

Also all of these are male MC, if that matters to you.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Please be sure to drop by and give my story a one-star rating 😇

aimless

Wanderer of Forums

Genres I like:

Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,
The Young Master’s Idol Agency- guy transmigrated into an arrogant young master, decides the most logical thing to do is start a VTuber agency.

Lightning is the Only Way- I can’t recommend this enough, I’ve been reading this and keeping track of it since Sep.2021, until its completion. Lots of chapters.(1329)

Ashes of Heaven- just read this. Comedy, Adventure, Xianxia

Qi = MC ²- Sciency Comedy Xianxia about a mad scientist making Pokémon using drugs.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Genres I like:

Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,
Dragon Blood Warrior

bulmabriefs144

Genres I like:

Gender Bender, LGBTQ+,
You can read my book. It has nothing at all to do with your preferences. :s_wink: But it's a short series, and chapters are little slice-of-life vignettes.

Mmmm, there is a chapter or two that have LGBT/gender bender stuff, but honestly, you can skip those chapters with no impact on the story. And they are very minor, not like loads of graphic crap.

It is action/fantasy with Reapers. Mostly action/fantasy/cute horror. By cute horror, I mean like this anime.
It's got some lesbianism, but fairly low key, and one chapter has an Isekai gender bender thing (again, not a major story point). It also has some religious/political overtones, too. That's usually a bigger issue with ppl, I think.

(Tales from the Reaper. Oracle of Tao is longer, and more adventure-based, but you can't skip anything, and it's a mess of topics. Both do have some gender-bending and LGBT stuff, but it's not the core part of either. You won't be able to read Oracle of Tao in four days, though)

The selling point is that it's a quick read, and you can skip chapters that don't do anything for you.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Dragon Blood Warrior
God, I was mildly interested in that, but the translation was headache inducing.

On another note, Pure Love x Insult Complex? I have it on one of my NU lists and i think it had some very mixed reviews, so it's probably about the same as DBW lol

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
You know, during the Easter holiday, I started a free review thread. If you want to help others and binge read, you might consider doing the same. The Lone Macaw is a good book.

UnknownNovelist

I don't think it will last 4 days but here you go https://www.scribblehub.com/series/373808/alpha-cultivation/
Read that. Great fun - Giga Chads guide to Alphaness 🤣
Lord of the Rings, and its prequel, the hobbit
Read them all 👍
The Young Master’s Idol Agency- guy transmigrated into an arrogant young master, decides the most logical thing to do is start a VTuber agency.

Lightning is the Only Way- I can’t recommend this enough, I’ve been reading this and keeping track of it since Sep.2021, until its completion. Lots of chapters.(1329)

Ashes of Heaven- just read this. Comedy, Adventure, Xianxia

Qi = MC ²- Sciency Comedy Xianxia about a mad scientist making Pokémon using drugs.
Right up my alley! Thanks for the great suggestions!
Dragon Blood Warrior
Read that one. Thanks for suggestion though 👍

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
God, I was mildly interested in that, but the translation was headache inducing.

/ ITOn another note, Pure Love x Insult Complex? I have it on one of my NU lists and i think it had some very mixed reviews, so it's probably about the same as DBW lol
maybe it got better translation later, didnt seem hard to read to me and that was years ago
maybe it was just the writing itself?