Writing Prompt Transmigrated into Frankenstein

Cosmic

The idea is pretty much a self-insert into the world of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

For those unaware, a 'self-insert' especially in the context of the fanfiction genre is typically a story where a fan of a fictional work (usual the fanfic author themselves or an original character) somehow ends up in that fiction work's world. An example of this is the otome villainess reincarnation genre.

Now there's a variety of ways you can execute this prompt. You can be inserted into any of the canon characters or just be transported, you can make it an AU, you can change the insert's circumstances like if they've read the source work or not, you can pick the point of insertion, you can change the genre like making it a romance or tech uplift, etc. Do whatever you want. I just want to see more SIs of classic works.

Here are some resouces you can use:

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
All these odd writing prompts. Listen guys, you want all these weirdly specific crossover stories you gotta write them YOURSELVES m'kay? I ain't gonna appease YOUR strange story fantasies when i could be out appeasing MINE.

Now if you had asked for some sexy xenomorph orgy writings i could have hooked you up. But alas....

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
The idea is pretty much a self-insert into the world of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

For those unaware, a 'self-insert' especially in the context of the fanfiction genre is typically a story where a fan of a fictional work (usual the fanfic author themselves or an original character) somehow ends up in that fiction work's world. An example of this is the otome villainess reincarnation genre.

Now there's a variety of ways you can execute this prompt. You can be inserted into any of the canon characters or just be transported, you can make it an AU, you can change the insert's circumstances like if they've read the source work or not, you can pick the point of insertion, you can change the genre like making it a romance or tech uplift, etc. Do whatever you want. I just want to see more SIs of classic works.

Here are some resouces you can use:
....im sorry dude i think i killed your thread :blob_no:

Cosmic

....im sorry dude i think i killed your thread :blob_no:
lol, it's cool man.

I wasn't expecting much anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone was willing to share a snippet of their take on SIs of an old classic. Besides, you're right. I should write it myself. I'll give it a shot...hopefully I can pull through the time and energy to finish it. :blobrofl:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
lol, it's cool man.

I wasn't expecting much anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone was willing to share a snippet of their take on SIs of an old classic. Besides, you're right. I should write it myself. I'll give it a shot...hopefully I can pull through the time and energy to finish it. :blobrofl:
I once read am interesting take on it. So nasically it was an origin story of Dr.Frankenstein. his mother died of disease when he was young and so he became obsessed with death. Later on his brother and a cousin or adopted sister or whatever start a love relationship. Frankenstein also loved her and there is a bunch of drama from that. I forgot all what happened but i think she and the brother were going to run away together. But the brother then died somehow. Either because of Frankenstein or something else but i think Frankenstein did feel guilty so it prolly was his fualt.in some way. Anyway regardless the guy begins his journey to bringing the dead back to life. To save his brother.

I really liked that story. Cant remember the damn name of it.

Bokuboy

(gets reincarnated into Mary Shelly's Frankenstein)

"Oh, my god! I'm in a monster story! Is that Frankenstein's castle?"
"Yes, it is."
"Awesome! Can I meet him? I'm sure we have a lot to talk abo..."
"He's a recluse and never leaves the castle. It's locked up and barred. No one goes in there."
"Oh."
(Starts working at the inn serving drinks to pay for room and board.)
(Dies a week later from sepsis and food poisoning with a touch of gangrene. No clean water or plumbing. Immune system couldn't handle it)

LuceLucky

Oooh, isekai in classics is a very ingenious and fun take on the genre!

I've never given much thought to Classics, the writing style never sits well with me. I like modern writing more. So I've only watched the video made by Overly Sarcastic Productions to get a feel of the original story. My brain is whirring with possibilities!

SI as Clerval.
SI as Justine.
SI as William.

I suppose you could also SI as the Monster, or Elizabeth, or Victor Frankenstein himself, but I like the idea of Si's inside-characters who aren't Gary or Mary Stues (Elizabeth), or, you know, the driving force behind the whole plot (Victor and his Monster)?

The themes could be:

• Avoiding your fate (Clerval, my sunshine son, you deserved better)
  • Vengeance (in the case of Justine. Imagine thinking the whole family being similar to the book family and only realizing out it's real when you get judged for a crime you didn't commit! And you KNOW that bitch Victor could save you. Cue team-up with Sexy Monster.)
  • Ambition (try to sway the Monster to be loyal to you. Find out you've gotten yourself in deep shit because there's no Plot Armor in this Classic. *squints at William*)