Tridetect all art thread

tridetect

I don't really have a place to showcase all the art I do so I'm making my own lil thread here to show off all the stuff I made for my stories as well as my inspirations and mindset when creating. For now I'll show off stuff from Progressive Detective the Q since that's what I'm currently working on.

Cover of PDQ
sketch-1619368282086.jpg

Probably one of my favorite covers I worked on because it invokes feeling of nostalgia in me. Heavily took inspiration from Touhou game covers because they feel so surreal and otherworldly. I wanted the story to have an old doujin VN feel, like something you would find on the Japanese side of the internet. The background character's silhouette is Hoka, a child who plays a major role in the story's latter half and the bar over her is like caution tape. However instead of it saying "CAUTION" I used the kanji for death which is 死 and I placed it beside the "shi" katakana of the title Progressive. In the bottom right corner is some flavor text that will make since further in the story.
It's a cover I really love.

Here are our two main characters. Can you have two main character? probably...
The red haired girl on the left is named Mary Hitoshikawa and the boy on the right is Hyde Tetsuya. Here is my attempt at making background art since It's not something I get to practice often. I'm more of a character artist I guess.

and that's all I have for today. I'll upload the other characters designs as I finish them.

Mechaphobic

I'm shocked we don't have artists advertising here. I have been looking around, but I don't think I speak the same language as them most of the time.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I'm shocked we don't have artists advertising here. I have been looking around, but I don't think I speak the same language as them most of the time.
Because it’s a site for writing ╮ ( ̄ヮ  ̄) ╭
The only thing you can do is scrolling through the creations sections.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I leave my mark here for good luck.

tridetect

Haha drawing...

sketch-1630433859795.png

Here's the cover for the second half of Progressive Detective. This doesn't invoke much feelings of mystery since we can now clearly see two of the actors here on display, The detective herself Midare and Hoka. Initially I wanted to put Ibuki on the cover since the cases are seen from different points of views (The grand design largely being from Hyde's POV and Magic scratching being from Mary's.) but after some thinking it wouldn't feel complete. I wanted the next cases to be focused more on the detectives in the agency and revealing more about their past and getting some answers that readers have been waiting for. Midare was chosen because of her influence thorough the past of the world, her actions causing the biggest changes in people. This cover keeps some of the elements of the previous one but as we get closer to the answers we seek, things become more clear. The 'shi' hiragana is still highlighted but the emphasis on death is less pronounced, and instead the main draw is the symbol of the dragon. I wonder what that could mean for our detectives...
Overall in my opinion I like the first cover more but I still enjoyed making this one. I took a lot of inspiration from visual novel covers and Melty Blood. I'm currently reading Tsukihime which is really interesting!

As for the actors...

sketch-1631140640167.png

Sonohoka or just Hoka for short. She's the very first character I've created for my stories and has been in most of them. She's kinda like the icon of the series and has a different design for each appearance. Her first design had red frills on the end of the dress and frills on the capelet, more of a gothic lolita outfit than this one which is a bit simpler. I wanted to have a more serious tone for her. She is not very pleased like someone just woke her up lol.

sketch-1631643533871.png

Mary Hitoshikawa has hands down my favorite design and I can only give myself a medal for creating such a pretty character. Her personality on the other hand... well that's a different story. Before I was opposed to having a red haired character since they're so prevalent and annoying most of the time but I still took a shot at it. The overall casual look of Mary yet so being so distinct from the rest really makes her stand out. I also just like big boobs.

sketch-1631638706220.png

And lastly we have the main protagonist himself, Hyde Tetsuya. Intimating yet if you analyze him closely you can see that perhaps he's trying a little too hard to be cool. He's still in his socks for goodness sake! Probably just posing in the mirror and practicing cool one-liners. He's got the brown coat but he is no Sherlock Holmes in this story. I went for an easy going appearance for Hyde but out of all the protagonists in the Progressive series, he's the most odd.

And that's all I have for today. I prefer to update in bulk so this thread doesn't get spammed by my random doodles and such. Next will most likely be Mikael, Ibuki, Cran and Midare so look forward to that in like, 3 years hahahaha.