Turn off auto-add line breaks.

torvn77

You can turn off auto-adding line breaks in messages, I personally find it very unpleasant when each application is highlighted in a separate paragraph.
If I want to make a separate paragraph, then I myself will put two line breaks.

Update: As an example, I'm adding a screenshot in which the automatic addition of lines when editing the text destroyed the list of links, isolating a separate link with a wrap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-04-07-474_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-04-07-474_com.android.chrome.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
You can turn off auto-adding line breaks in messages, I personally find it very unpleasant when each application is highlighted in a separate paragraph.
If I want to make a separate paragraph, then I myself will put two line breaks.
Hm? Could you elaborate?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
are you meaning when you add a common, or any symbol that it cuts ogf the word
yeah nm, i dont know anything your talking about. like agentt said please elaborate

Last edited:

torvn77

Hm? Could you elaborate?
If I write a text like "text[line break(Enter key)]text" then the engine will automatically insert a line break there and it will become "text[line break(Enter key)][line break(Enter key)]text"
Have you tried holding the shift key while pressing enter?
This is not mentioned anywhere, so I did not try to do it.
But anyway:
1. This cannot be done when typing on a smartphone.
2. Other users are experiencing the same problem and the whole topic is filled with messages where all the sentences are separated by blank lines or stuck together in one big unformatted pile.

Last edited:

torvn77

This is definitely the wrong place to talk about this, lol. This is a feature request, not a bug report.
I'm not asking you to add new functionality, I'm asking you to remove the existing one, since it really interferes with typing messages.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I'm not asking you to add new functionality, I'm asking you to remove the existing one, since it really interferes with typing messages.
A feature isn't a bug just because you don't like it. Shift+Enter is what you're looking for, you want that function added for mobile users.

torvn77

A feature isn't a bug just because you don't like it. Shift+Enter is what you're looking for, you want that function added for mobile users.
IMHO, this function is bad in principle, because it is easier to press Enter twice at the end of a paragraph than to enter a double Enter + Shift combination at the end of each sentence.

And how do you think to add another button to the mobile keyboard or change the reaction to an existing key?
Won't typing become even more difficult as a result of this?

It may be easier to refuse the auto-adding of the second Enter and let the typing text decide for himself whether to put one or two Enter?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think the current system is better tbh. If you press "Enter" when writing, you should be starting a new paragraph IMO.

I guess Tony could add an option on the settings (disabled by default) that made your "Enter" presses not start a new paragraph, but uhn... I dunno, I feel like it just looks ugly if you do that in writing?

Like, sure, it has its uses in forum discussions, in order to better organize your argument into segments and stuff, but I really don't see its point when writing.

Anyways, I'm not particularly against the suggestion, but I'd argue that it would be better off to have the current system being the default one.

torvn77

I think the current system is better tbh.
No, your forcing the user to create paragraphs is bad, because for example, in this case, during editing, it destroyed the list of links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-04-07-474_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-17-03-04-07-474_com.android.chrome.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 46

torvn77

What was destroyed?
Text formatting.
In this case, there may be cases when formatting is destroyed much more strongly.
Тhis is important, because formatting conveys information about the mutual association of sentences.

In this case, the fact that all three links are in separate lines following each other should have shown that they are interconnected as different EQUAL variants of examples, but your code-taskmaster, without my consent and against my will, highlighted the third link in a separate line, which changed the meaning of what was written, showing the third link as special.

Last edited:
I write my stories in Google Docs, which already works like this. Copying and pasting from there into Scribble Hub fills my draft with a bunch of unintended empty paragraphs I now have to manually delete. I would appreciate an option to operate differently.

While we get the impression that you prefer writers to draft their stories on your site... um, no thank you lmao

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I write my stories in Google Docs, which already works like this. Copying and pasting from there into Scribble Hub fills my draft with a bunch of unintended empty paragraphs I now have to manually delete. I would appreciate an option to operate differently.

While we get the impression that you prefer writers to draft their stories on your site... um, no thank you lmao
Back when I wrote mine, I used MS Word and never had any problems with extra paragraphing... I dunno, feels weird that this seems to only happen with google docs.

Yati

I would not want double enter for paragraphs to become a thing. If they really decide to change this, please make it a function where people can enable or disable linebreaks after paragraphs...

BluePheasant

+1
Yes for only smartphone users like me, that is actually annoying sometimes.