[Tutorial] For new users of Scribble Hub!

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
@Cipiteca396 Modified the text a little but imo the image size rule is either too high or it isn't enforced. Some signatures are way too intrusive.
Definitely not enforced. Or rather, not reported. I actually did report a signature that was too long once, and it got stuffed in a spoiler by Tony. But it was literally like a hundred lines long, so...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@Cipiteca396 Modified the text a little but imo the image size rule is either too high or it isn't enforced. Some signatures are way too intrusive.
Definitely not enforced. Or rather, not reported. I actually did report a signature that was too long once, and it got stuffed in a spoiler by Tony. But it was literally like a hundred lines long, so...
Yeah, it's not enforced much, but if you see somebody with a gigantic signature, you can either poke the person about it to see if they reduce the size, or report them to let the mods take care of it.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Going by @SailusGebel 's suggestion, a Section-C has been added with links to other tutorials on the forum. For now, the following authors' threads have been added:

@Story_Marc
@OokamiKasumi
@JayDirex
@Yorth

If you have your own tutorials, you can submit their links here, and they can be added too to the index for easier access than being buried in the forums by constantly opening new topics.

SailusGebel

Going by @SailusGebel 's suggestion, a Section-C has been added with links to other tutorials on the forum. For now, the following authors' threads have been added:

@Story_Marc
@OokamiKasumi
@JayDirex
@Yorth

If you have your own tutorials, you can submit their links here, and they can be added too to the index for easier access than being buried in the forums by constantly opening new topics.
You are a legend. :blob_salute:

Corty

You are a legend. :blob_salute:

CrystalSeaDragon44

Hi, I'm VERY new here, and I just uploaded two short stories (as chapters to a whole) and immediately published them. No point delaying them when they're elsewhere (namely, my DeviantArt profile, in which I also modified the stories there to reflect my name here).

The stories are, for reference, The Golden Edict and The Golden Edict: 6 Months Later, parts of the Ariel the Angelic Genie Series of Short Stories (because each "chapter" is a single short story, connected but can stand on their own).

However, I can't find them outside "Create." It says on my Profile that "I haven't written anything yet." Does it need approval first before it appears, or is this a bug?

I had hoped to find the answers, but I haven't yet... And I hope I'm not breaking rules by asking here...

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
However, I can't find them outside "Create." It says on my Profile that "I haven't written anything yet." Does it need approval first before it appears, or is this a bug?
It's the first thing written in the 'For Authors' section. @WelcomeToSH
VVVVVV
When you release your first series, it has to be manually approved. Until then, you can access it and edit it to your liking, but others won't see it and its stats regarding views, and all won't register, not even if you start linking it for others. After review and getting the green light, it will appear on the front page, amongst the "Latest Series" tab.

Corty

@T.K._Paradox's topics have been added to Section-C.

If anyone has similar threads, feel free to drop me a message, and I'll add them to the post so they won't get lost and buried in the forums. Similarly, if anyone don't want to be on it, I am willing to remove links to your threads.

Corty

Changed the introduction a little and added a last update indicator. Usually, when the date changes it means a new tutorial has been made and I indexed it in Section-C

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Oh, Corty, I have a small tutorial for something that can happen by accident here on the forums.

Sometimes people might get their text editor greyed out and they might have no idea how this happened or why and write it off as just a bug that they have to deal with.

It's not really a bug though. They just accidentally clicked the button that triggered the BB Code Editor, which doesn't have any of the fancy features we're used to.

Here is how you disable the BB Code Editor and get the text editor back to normal:

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I feel dumb for not swicthinch it to AND.
God, why it’s it still tiny.

Attachments

• IMG_7480.jpeg
    IMG_7480.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 20

CrystalSeaDragon44

Okay, this time, I made sure to look the tutorial closely multiple times, to not find the answer to this question...

I've been using this site for my stories for a couple of months now, and I'm liking it! I'm getting more engagement than I was on DeviantArt. Still, I've been intending to draw for my content as well, and that includes the book covers here. Now that I'm finally getting the chance to draw more, I was hoping to make my book covers myself! (Profile image is my own digitally hand-drawn character, Embra, from the Stories of Embra series I'm posting here.)

As I've been shopping around, I noticed another site has a file size limit to the book cover image (Tapas, btw; 2MB). So my question is, does Scribble Hub have a file size limit for book cover images? Just want to make sure before I start going at it and make something that's too data-intensive...