Writing [Tutorial] When & How to Smut

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
Interesting to know, albeit I wasn't really trying to do either. I just wanted to learn how to write better by doing. Wasn't really planning on hitting a specific audience. just trying not to shy away from any scene.
Which is exactly how you should write.
-- However, knowing what sort of readers like your style of work doesn't hurt. 🌸

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Not according to what the author himself had to say in an interview. And it's okay if women read it. It doesn't mean their fantasy is to get raped. They themselves stated in a poll that the revenge aspect of justice by the mc's hand is what attracts them, not the rape scenes by themselves. Now, polls are not really representative of reality, but it's a base to form a hypothesis.
Actually... This is true. For me, at least. I was attracted to Redo Healer because of the revenge aspect of it. Heheh... I love dark stories. What can I say? But I don't like rape per se. But it is also a part of life. And it happens to many people, not just women. So, I love to see some morbid justice on anyone who tries to deprive people of their right to live. Or invades their personal crap like rape is.

So, Kusa Senpai, you are correct. :blob_melt: This can also apply to men, too.

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
Now, the amount of clowning those [adult] games/fictions get is greater than the amount of readers. They are not marketed towards men, they're targeted to people with that fetish, both men and women. I think you're purely looking at the product here, instead of the consumer base reaction to said products, which is honestly more important in this context.
Oh dear... It appears I struck a nerve.
-- I know a bit more about the marketing and creation of adult games than you might expect. I makes games myself, visual novels specifically, though only as a hobby. If you're interested in my game list click here.

It should come to a huge surprise, then, that the most popular/controvertial Harem manga/anime of the last decade is written by a woman, for men. Domestic na Kanojo, which topped rental girlfriend, where the protagonist buys a girl's time and attention.
It's not surprising at all -- especially if she needed to make money fast. It makes perfect sense to me that she created a game that appealed to the largest buying audience of games: males.

Last edited:

Reyezwriting

Or according to Royalroad admin, only 10 percent of the overall story... That is why my smut is not in there.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Oh dear... It appears I struck a nerve.
-- I know a bit more about the marketing and creation of adult games than you might expect. I makes games myself, visual novels specifically, though only as a hobby. If you're interested in my game list click here.

It's not surprising at all -- especially if she needed to make money fast. It makes perfect sense to me that she created a game that appealed to the largest buying audience of games: males.
Game? Whosmtdve? Dont skip lines lmao. Money real fast? It took her YEARS of writing.
You have a serious case of misandry, buddy.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Not according to what the author himself had to say in an interview. And it's okay if women read it. It doesn't mean their fantasy is to get raped. They themselves stated in a poll that the revenge aspect of justice by the mc's hand is what attracts them, not the rape scenes by themselves. Now, polls are not really representative of reality, but it's a base to form a hypothesis.
I meant that the only thing said was the tweet about it which said that the viewership was higher than average. But there were no other claims from what I could remember.

Jamminrabbit

It should come to a huge surprise, then, that the most popular/controvertial Harem manga/anime of the last decade is written by a woman, for men. Domestic na Kanojo, which topped rental girlfriend, where the protagonist buys a girl's time and attention.
Domestic na Kanojo was a tale of hurt, romance, family, societal barriers, taboo, and self discovery. No rape, no 'male fantasy'. Odd... it's almost as if us men don't really have a rape fantasy in any measure.

Genuinely asking, can we really call Domestic na Kanojo a harem though? Although there are multiple love interests, it isn't presented in a fanservice way, and actual drama and consequences come about their love triangle. This is as opposed to Rental Girlfriend where drama is brushed aside over and over again by the MC or love interest saying something profoundly unprofound before making a dumb face to end the scene.

I figured the reason DnK was so popular was due to it tapping several fetishes men have at first impressions, which are the step-relationship which is already highly fetishized in japan as inseki and we know how popular it is in the west, being wanted by multiple women, and having a teacher as a love interest. Another example I'd bring up is Boy's Abyss, which started out as a smut and devolved into dark tragedy.
Everyone loved the idea of fucking an idol and teacher, hopped onto it for that, then they became too entrenched in the drama-- which if it was present from the start, then they would drop it-- to leave it now.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Genuinely asking, can we really call Domestic na Kanojo a harem though? Although there are multiple love interests, it isn't presented in a fanservice way, and actual drama and consequences come about their love triangle. This is as opposed to Rental Girlfriend where drama is brushed aside over and over again by the MC or love interest saying something profoundly unprofound before making a dumb face to end the scene.

I figured the reason DnK was so popular was due to it tapping several fetishes men have at first impressions, which are the step-relationship which is already highly fetishized in japan as inseki and we know how popular it is in the west, being wanted by multiple women, and having a teacher as a love interest. Another example I'd bring up is Boy's Abyss, which started out as a smut and devolved into dark tragedy.
Everyone loved the idea of fucking an idol and teacher, hopped onto it for that, then they became too entrenched in the drama-- which if it was present from the start, then they would drop it-- to leave it now.
Harem is irregardless of how serious the plot is. As long as there are more than two individuals interested in one third individual, a harem is brought forth, unless polyamory takes place.
Genuinely asking, do you read a story to insert yourself? Or do you read a story as someone else's life?
If you knew Good Ending (Sasuga Kei's previous work), then why would you 'expect any different'? A weekly serialization gives you enough time to read a little about who is creating the story you're consuming. This negates this 'if people knew before' argument. Sasuga Kei likes to write drama. You should have known from day 1 about the road you'd be taking.

I Met the Creator of Domestic Girlfriend - YouTube

I Met and Confronted the Creator of Redo of Healer... - YouTube (just in case)

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
Okay!
-- So are there any other questions about writing smut or fiction in general that I can assist with?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Men as a rule don't like rape, not actual rape. They don't like even the idea of hurting a female. However, it is a common stroke fantasy. I asked at a coffee shop close to a college in NC. You would not believe how many guys openly admitted to that sort of fantasy -- but the idea of actually raping someone disgusted them.

However... Look at the adult games, manga, manhua, and anime marketed toward men. Also, look at the harem stories and BL stories being translated from China, Japan, and Korea. Rape is an all too common theme.
All that means Is they like rape but are trying wanna act otherwise. "Oh yeah, i have the fantasy but i would NEVER rape a woman" is the biggest lie I've ever heard

Let me assure you: if they thought they could get away with it, many , men AND women would start raping with wild abandon. We can pretend otherwise. We can pretend morals stop us. But no. Morals dont stop us from raping, its fear of the consequence.

Anyway that aside, it's a pretty insightful thread on smut.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Men as a rule don't like rape, not actual rape. They don't like even the idea of hurting a female. However, it is a common stroke fantasy. I asked at a coffee shop close to a college in NC. You would not believe how many guys openly admitted to that sort of fantasy -- but the idea of actually raping someone disgusted them.

However... Look at the adult games, manga, manhua, and anime marketed toward men. Also, look at the harem stories and BL stories being translated from China, Japan, and Korea. Rape is an all too common theme.
So is the fantasy the same as the whole "being kidnapped by a maffia boss" or something? It's kind of the same thing? Just if it was real, that'd be horrible? I guess I understand a bit more...

LostLibrarian

Do men honestly like rape…? They glorify rape that much? No wonder why women are scared of them. Fiction or not, it reflects a person a lot. :blob_hmm_two:
Congratulations for writing one of the most idiotic things I've read in a long time... :blob_party:

--------------------------------------------------

On topic: I agree with a lot of it, although I disagree when it comes to the generalizations. Harem in itself is a genre that probably deserves its own detailed discussion instead of going "it's basically just the same as rape". Especially japanese and korean media have brought so many different types of tropes into it, there isn't really any "typical harem" anymore. Though there are still some overlaps in the readers' fantasies that are targeted - especially with smut - but it's a bit too "rough" for me.

That said, even though I don't plan to write anything smut-focused, there is a lot of stuff I agree with, especially with the topic of romance...

Last edited:

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
Anyway that aside, it's a pretty insightful thread on smut.
I'm glad you liked it!

So is the fantasy the same as the whole "being kidnapped by a maffia boss" or something? It's kind of the same thing? Just if it was real, that'd be horrible? I guess I understand a bit more...
Exactly.

On topic: I agree with a lot of it, although I disagree when it comes to the generalizations. Harem in itself is a genre that probably deserves its own detailed discussion instead of going "it's basically just the same as rape". ... Though there are still some overlaps in the readers' fantasies that are targeted - especially with smut - but it's a bit too "rough" for me.

That said, even though I don't plan to write anything smut-focused, there is a lot of stuff I agree with, especially with the topic of romance...
Smut writing encompasses so much territory; from genre specialties, to character interaction roles, to the technique for writing the smut action... One tiny little tutorial absolutely cannot do more than a basic introduction, so yes, I generalized quite a bit. My tutorial on just paragraphing for fiction is much, much bigger.

On that note... Harem does indeed deserve its own discussion, however it's not something I write. (Bodice-Rippers however, I am quite experienced with.) Hopefully someone that does write Harem stories will volunteer to post a How-To for it.

I'm glad you liked the bit about Romance. It was one of the first genres I learned to write. However, I'm awful at writing emotions. No patience for proper angst.

Last edited:

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
When & How to SMUT
By Ookami Kasumi

In answer to this forum post:

Smut writers, when is the best time to smut?

DISCLAIMER: As a multi-published author, I have been taught some fairly rigid rules on what is publishable and what is not. If my rather straight-laced (and occasionally snotty,) advice does not suit your creative style, by all means, IGNORE IT. Less competition for me. :)

----- Original Message -----
I'd like to know how some smut writers write their smut, ...how smutty our smut should be, [and] places to put smut where it [won't] obstruct the actual plot. I also just want more smut to read...
-- Looking for Good Smut --

Before one Smuts...​

The first thing one needs to know about writing smut is The Law of Erotic Fiction:​

If you can take the Smut out of the Smut Story
and still have a viable story,​

You did it WRONG.​

This was derived from Issac Azimov's Law of Science Fiction:​

This Law is true for every genre of fiction, but especially true for Smut Fiction.

The point being; in order to write smut that won't obstruct the plot--​

One creates a Plot specifically for the Smut.

WARNING! Incoming Rant!

Do Not add Smut to an already existing story!​

If you already have a viable story, adding smut just to get readers to look at your work is known as Pandering. This happens most often when a writer gets impatient for views, or sales, and resorts to adding smut to their work in hope of catching the attention of somebody, anybody who will look at their work.​
If you have a half-way decent story, Pandering is the worst thing you can do to your work because it is a Dead End trick. Adding smut content to a story that was not originally designed to have smut content destroys character cohesion and creates massive plot holes almost instantly. In short, it destroys whatever integrity that story might have had.​
Pandering is a cheap trick no reader appreciates, especially readers who already know what good smut fiction looks like.​
If you think your readers won't notice you cheating them out of a properly plotted smut story, you are Very Wrong, and your readers will let you know in ugly ways.​
/Rant.​

Now that I've gotten that off my ample chest...

Accidents Do Happen.​

Sometimes writers will write stories that start out as legitimate smut, but the characters get carried away and the plot shifts focus to something that isn't smut -- turning their smut story into something completely different.​

How can you tell if a Smut Story has changed?​

Here's a test:
-- If you can substitute all the smut scenes with Kissing scenes, your plot has probably shifted into something else -- and that something else is what your story should be.​

What to do about this?​

First, figure out what your story's new focus is. Is it a fascinating Mystery, a rollicking Adventure, a tender Romance, intriguing Magic...? Next, take out all your lovely smut, save those scenes in another file to use in a different story, put kissing scenes in those gaping plot holes then finish your story.

What about just...jamming Smut in there anyway?​

NO! Absolutely Not. All that will do is ruin a perfectly viable story. All you can do is finish that story then try again with a new story -- hopefully with the smut properly integrated into the plotline.​

How do you Write a Story for Smut?!​

Before one writes a single word of the story you plan to have smut in, one needs to know that there are major differences between a basic smut story (Erotica), a smut Adventure story, (Adult Pulp Fiction and Erotic Romance,) a story with with love scenes, (common Romance,) and rape fics, (Bodice Rippers.)

Each of those types of stories all have different Plot Structures where the smut serves a difference purpose.

Erotica:
-- Smut IS the Plot.

Erotica stories tend to be short because their plot is literally; They met. They had sex. What happened after.

This sort of story is easily --and quickly-- written because the writer merely needs to come up with a smut scene, then figure out how the characters met to have smut, then what happened after they had smut.

They saw.
They conquered.
They came.
~ The End.

Adult Pulp Fiction/Erotic Romances:
-- Because the MC needed Smut, Plot Happened.

Believe it or not, Pulp Fiction and Erotic Romances are pretty much the same thing -- an Adult Grand Adventure. The only real difference between them are their target reading audiences. Pulp Fiction is generally aimed at male readers, where Erotic Romance, despite the misleading genre title, are aimed at the female reading audience.

In the best stories, the main characters are on a Grand Adventure, and every time the main characters indulge in smut -- something happens.

The writer's job is to find a reason for their main characters to Need that Smut to Happen, then expand on how every time they succeed in getting it on, their actions complicate their grand adventure.

The more poorly written Pulp Fictions however, use a Reward system.
-- The main character does something Dangerous; a rescue, an escape, a heist, a fierce battle, and they are rewarded with smut. (Ian Fleming, I am looking at you!)

This is a cheap-assed, bargain bin version of the cliché 'Boy gets the Girl for doing something Brave' plot. That cliché is older than the earliest fairy tales and twice as used. Think: cave-man.

If you are aiming strictly for the Male reading audience, go for it! They'll appreciate this sort of story enthusiastically.

However, I as an author and a female reader despise it. In fact most female readers dislike that cliché.

Why? Because it's demeaning.

If a guy does something life-threatening for my sake such as a rescue, I might reward them with a hug, or a kiss on the cheek, or dinner, or even money, but never smut. Not unless I was already in a sexual relationship with them.

The only type of person that will reward a guy with smut when they are Not already in a relationship with them, is either:
  1. Someone who is being forced to do so -- in which case that main character better Not accept that reward or they will lose all respect from every female reading that story...!
  2. Or someone looking for a sucker to use. This kind of person will also toss them away the instant they find someone stronger, richer, and more powerful. This kind of person is called a Skank and females Hate Them. We certainly don't want to read about them unless they come to nasty, nasty ends.

Romance:
-- Falling in Love leads to Smut.

Many, many Romances have smut, but most of them don't really need it. This is because what drives the plot in a Romance story isn't Physical Love. The plot's focus is Emotional Love, and emotions are what make the story happen -- and need the most detailing.

However, if you truly want smut in your Romance story, to do it properly each progressive love scene should demonstrate the increasing level of Affection and Trust --the increasing level of love-- between your main characters.

Bodice Rippers:
-- The classic rape fic where the victim falls in love with their rapist, AKA: Stockholm Syndrome.

Before we get into how to write one of these, the writer needs to know two things:

Number One: American female readers tend to HATE rape fics --this includes M/M rape fics-- with a burning passion, unless that story ends with a gruesome revenge scene that the rapist does not survive.
Bodice Ripper novels went out of fashion in the USA in the mid 80's because of a massive cultural shift in the USA where 'wanting sex' and 'enjoying sex' were no longer considered shameful, that it was okay to take pleasure in sex with someone they cared about. Rape to Romance stories were very quickly replaced by detailed and explicit Seduction stories.​

Number Two: Over 80% of the English reading --and book-buying-- audience is Female.
So, if your English rape fic, or English translated rape fic, has a low reader count, now you know why. It's because the largest denomination of English readers --females-- won't read that type of work.

On the other hand...!

If you are targeting male readers this type of story will definitely appeal to them because rape is a very common male stroke fantasy.

Ahem! Please note the term Fantasy. Just because someone fantasizes about something does not mean they have any desire to do such things in real life. For example, Stephen King fantasizes about gruesome murders all the time -- he even writes them down so other people can fantasize about them too! However, he has never harmed anyone in real life.​

The key to writing Bodice Rippers successfully is to have some kind of smut content in every chapter (every 2,500 words minimum,) even if it's just peeping at naked flesh.

However, there should still be a decent excuse for every bit of smut to happen! It doesn't have to be a good excuse, just enough of one to move the story to the next scene.

Detailing smut however, is optional with smut scenes only being a paragraph or three in length. This is because while male readers prefer detailed descriptions of the characters participating in smut -- female and male-- they prefer to use their imaginations to detail the action.

The Bodice Ripper is also the core of the Oriental Harem story.

In order to write a rape fic longer than 10,000 words (two to four chapters,) one needs more targets to fill out that word count. Also, raping and brain-washing the same target gets boring quickly.

To make a basic Harem Fic, start by sketching out as many targets for your main character to seduce as possible. Seriously, make a list with names, cliché character typecasting, and base descriptions. Change targets every 50,000 (50k) words with a new location and a fresh excuse to have smut.

How do you End a Harem Fic?​
-- No idea. From what I've seen so far, the story keeps going until the Main Character dies.

How Descriptive should the Smut Scenes be?

This depends on your target reading audience.

Female readers want descriptive details of everything -- inside and out!​

The people, the places, the action, the sounds, the smells, the tastes, the colors, the textures... Female readers want to see each scene clearly in their minds better than in a movie. They want to experience it all; mentally, physically, emotionally. They want to be those characters and live their lives from inside their skins.

Smut scenes range between 2,500 words to 10,000 words per scene.

However there is a limit to how much one should describe!​
  • Good example of descriptive writing: Laurell K Hamilton's early Anita Blake books. Her later books completely lost the plot.​
  • Bad example: JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series. He was writing a travelogue and it shows. His Hobbit is much better, but still crammed with travel details.​

Male readers prefer the Characters and Action Scenes as lovingly detailed as the Silver Screen.​

They want to see the participants and players in full technicolor in their imaginations; skin tones, hair color, eye color, the exact softness of skin, fragrances fair and foul, descriptions of body types, and exactly how a bosom fits in the character's palm. They like the messy details too; the slap of skin and the squelch of wet flesh, musky damp scents, and the taste of sweaty skin.

Location changes, scenery changes, fight scenes and other daring-do scenes should also be as detailed as a movie scene.

The emotional aspects can be skipped almost entirely -- unless Revenge is involved. Apparently Hate, Rage, Anger, and Frustration are allowable emotions for the main protagonist to wallow in. Love and affection are emotions they succumb to -- after fighting long and hard against them.

Everything else can be somewhat vague, including the smut.

Average Smut scene: 500 to 1000 words.

If you want to detail out the smut to 5000 words or more, your male readers will definitely enjoy it, but a couple paragraphs of a rough outline of what happened works too. This is because males like to add in their own little details and dialogue while they're fapping to smut.​
  • Good Example of descriptive writing male readers appreciate: Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series.​
  • Bad Example: Ian Fleming's James Bond series. Each female lead and all the action is lovingly detailed, but the smut scenes are barely a paragraph in length and described very poorly. I was so disappointed.​

How much Smut...?

This depends on the type of story one is writing.

However...! Before we go into detail about how much Smut each type of story generally has, my definition of Smut needs to be addressed.

To many writers, Smut = Sex. My definition is a lot more broad. As far as I'm concerned, Smut is anything sexual at all; from smoldering eye contact, to a squeeze of the butt cheek, to full on intercourse. I do however, define a Smut Scene as a scene were sex happens. Okay?

Okay. Now...​

How much Smut
should go in each type of Smut Story?

Erotica:
Smut Scenes: One per 5000 (5k) words.​
How Smutty: Extremely detailed.​
Fetishes or kinks: Yes, please! Limited to what is legal to publish. Generally no scat, no bestiality, no watersports.​
Euphemistic language to start with, increasingly hardcore adult language until the peak of climax for best effect. C-word used sparingly and only as a compliment. F-bombs perfectly okay.​

Erotic tension begins with the opening line of the story and every word of description should add to that tension. The moment the two main characters make eye contact Lust smolders into being and every word after that should be erotically charged until the very last line.

Keep in mind, most Erotica is short; 5000 (5k) words to 20,000 (20k) words at most. It is agonizingly difficult to keep up the sexual tension beyond 20k without changing participants. It CAN be done, but it is not easy.
WARNING! Female readers Do Not like reading stories where the main character changes partners. Females consider that Cheating -- unless the story ends in a threesome relationship with all three participants sleeping with each other.​

Adult Pulp Fiction/Erotic Romance:
Smut Scenes: Eight to fifteen per 100,000 (100k) words.​
How Smutty: Hardcore detailed.​
Fetishes or kinks: Limited to what is legal to publish. No scat, no bestiality, no watersports.​
Common language with increasingly hardcore adult language during moments of Danger. Also during rising sexual tension until the peak of climax. C-word used only as a compliment. F-bombs perfectly okay.​

Because these stories are in fact cross-genres of Adventure and Romance, it is much easier to keep the erotic tension going between exclusive partners by balancing it with danger and suspense. Think in terms of a roller-coaster ride with the high peaks being Smut, the deep drops being Danger, and the sharps curves being Suspense.

Romances:
Smut Scenes: Three to five per 100,000 (100k) words.​
How Smutty: Detailed enough to know who is doing what, but through rose-colored glasses.​
Fetishes or kinks: Only what is acceptable by housewives and high school girls. (Mild bondage, no pain!)​
Romantic and euphemistic language with only mildly coarse adult language during moments of danger. Also during rising sexual tension until the peak of climax. F-bombs only while in extreme danger and at the peak of climax. C-word is right out.​

Be sure to detail the internal dialogue and emotional angst of your POV character.

Best written from ONE POV only! (Especially if the writer is a beginner.)​
-- The idea is to keep the readers guessing as to how the Romantic Interest really feels. Using the Romantic Interest's POV even once removes all romantic suspense and gives away the Ending! This is BAD because once the readers know how the story will end, they no longer have a reason to keep reading your story.

Bodice Ripper / Harem story
Smut Scenes: Some kind of smut content from mild to hardcore every chapter.​
How Smutty: Hardcore detailed. Change targets every 50,000 (50k) words with a new location and a new plot twist to give you a fresh excuse to have smut.​
Fetishes or kinks: Limited to what is legal to publish. No scat, no bestiality, no watersports.​
WARNING! Make sure you know your Reading Audience! American female readers Do Not respond well to smut-shaming scenes and may get vicious about them.​

Common language with increasingly hardcore adult language during moments of danger. Also during rising sexual tension until the peak of climax. C-word okay. F-bombs okay.​

Oddly enough, the Bodice Ripper/Harem Tale is a cross-genre of Adventure and Erotica. Keeping the erotic tension is done by changing partners plus moments danger and suspense. In fact, the easiest way is by changing partners during moments of danger and suspense.

Just don't completely abandon the previous partners, especially if they've married the harem master! Doing that will create a plot hole your readers will crucify you for in the comments.

To avoid that sort of problem, give each successive partner their own individual problem the main character needs to assist them with. That partner's story concludes when the problem is fixed and the main character moves on, leaving a happy and thoroughly satisfied ex-partner behind.

The light novel series Vampire Hunter D uses this formula for each individual book.​
Everywhere he goes, D meets a new partner with a vampire problem. Once he fixes their problems and kills the local vampire, he leaves them behind happy and satisfied.​

In Conclusion...​

So, how do smut writers write their smut?
-- With loving descriptions and careful attention to detail.

How smutty should the smut be?
-- Enough to actually get one's target reading audience tight and tingly in their britches!

Where should one put the smut, so it won't obstruct the actual plot?
-- Where it belongs; as an important mover and shaker of the plot all by itself.

I hope this proves helpful...
Thank you for responding to my post this really helped me out with making smut scenes although I want to take a bit smut from here and there to be a hardcore/romantic fetishy story with sexual partners, I also want to make smut scenes that everyone can enjoy and be satisfied with so I have some work to be done with my sex scenes.

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
Thank you for responding to my post this really helped me out with making smut scenes...
I'm glad you liked it -- I wrote it specifically for you. ✨

...although I want to take a bit smut from here and there to be a hardcore/romantic fetishy story with sexual partners...
Hmm... Fetish fiction is tricky to write properly because fetishes profoundly affect their adherents emotionally and psychologically. I hope you've done your research.

Kink fiction is much, much easier to write.

I also want to make smut scenes that everyone can enjoy and be satisfied with so I have some work to be done with my sex scenes.
LOL! Just give up on pleasing everyone. It's simply not possible because someone always has a complaint. Focus instead on pleasing yourself and your readers.

Here's the secret: If the scene gets you hot while writing it -- you're doing it RIGHT!

i personally like smut that is both funny, surreal and erotic :D /

maybe i'm kinda weird but i like to see a story about a couple cosplaying as gorillas in public park and intrude on group of old people practicing tai'chi, they kept shouting 'hai ya' in the background.

but yea, i can't post it myself since i'm afraid people will get mind broken and they'll hack me. i prefer to just stick to normal stories to post :/

i feel that some of the weirdest smut ideas actually come from the news site. i still remember the family where the mom is actually the dad, and the dad is the mom.

when things were just regular smut that made to get me hot and bothered, i often get bored. i was like, where's the funny part? well i just heard that sex and laughter makes a great combo, i forgot the source tho

Last edited:

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Congratulations for writing one of the most idiotic things I've read in a long time... :blob_party:

--------------------------------------------------

On topic: I agree with a lot of it, although I disagree when it comes to the generalizations. Harem in itself is a genre that probably deserves its own detailed discussion instead of going "it's basically just the same as rape". Especially japanese and korean media have brought so many different types of tropes into it, there isn't really any "typical harem" anymore. Though there are still some overlaps in the readers' fantasies that are targeted - especially with smut - but it's a bit too "rough" for me.

How the hell does that make my comment idiotic??? You literally agreed??? Doesn't that make you an idiot too? Was there a need to be so rude?

LostLibrarian

How the hell does that make my comment idiotic??? You literally agreed??? Doesn't that make you an idiot too? Was there a need to be so rude?
Oh, if it is that hard, I can make it easier for you:

Do men honestly like rape…? They glorify rape that much? No wonder why women are scared of them. Fiction or not, it reflects a person a lot. :blob_hmm_two:
Now you'll also see, how I didn't agree with you. To think, that fiction has any bearings on reality is just... idiotic. It's like saying "That person liked a slasher movie, he is a mass murderer", "That person likes ego-shooters, he will become a school shooter", or the like.

The consume of fiction/media and the act in real life work on completely different areas of the brain, which also explains, why there are people who love brutal videos, but faint when they see three drops of real blood. Because it is not the same and it doesn't reflect anything.

I really hope, you don't like any kind of fiction or media where the MC kills a person (or there is any bad stuff in the novel you write yourself). Because, oh god, would that reflect badly on you. I guess, we should then throw you in jail, just to be sure :blob_cookie:

Maybe it is a bit clearer now? If not, feel free to send me a private message. Would be a shame to fil this thread with more useless discussion about a topic, that is proven to be wrong.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Ayo what in god's name is this shit. It's like a surface-level judgement for why people enjoy taboo fiction. In fact, this just reflects the priority you put about media's influence on the public in general. that's akin to saying women enjoyed 50 shades because they glorify being dominated by a wealthy individual. no wonder they're all vapid and shallow. it reflects a person a lot, right? hell no, of course not.

i can't believe we're about to have our monthly episode of "guess who can't separate fiction from reality". rape fics are about as influential as a masochist one shot. it appeals to various types of sexual dynamics with a splash of wank material to compliment the taste. they, and I emphasize this greatly, do not bring about any real-life consequences. people who beat the meat or slap the clam to rape fics will most likely disagree with the notion of rape because of the permanent effect it'll have on the victim. it's terrible and shitty, I don't think I need to tell you that.

rape fics, on the other hand, acknowledges this by bringing the appeal of domination onto words and pages where the most it'll harm are the trees and ink used to print the book out. in fact, it reflects a person positively when they opt to wank it out to rape fic, because if men were to TRULY glorify rape, they wouldn't read it from a webnovel. there's already plenty of fish out there in the sea. all they need is a van and a cloth wet with chloroform.

fiction is like a gate where the payment through it is rationality and empathy. it's optional, but you don't need to give them any, because at the end of the day, it's all fake, wrong, and inconsequential. if anything, I worry more about those who complain about proshippers or lolicons. if they're so convinced that fiction would indefinitely leak out into the real world and affect actual people, who's to say they themselves won't become the catalyst?

see? you even understood this in your next post. getting kidnapped by Don Joe would be horrible. this is why people write it out instead.