Writing [Tutorial] Writing the LOVE scene vs. the Sex scene.

I mean I'm not exactly a good example of the application of this technique either, but you could append your own takes on the entire topic at the end and keep the rest as objective as possible.
It's inevitable if the subject is not technical. People view things differently, and personal opinion and experience will further affect these views.

LOL! I'm sure you are, but I won't post it here. I know better.
I meant it in good faith lol. I don't even think it'd be that big of a deal. Either way, If you ever do post it elsewhere just drop a link.

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
I mean I'm not exactly a good example of the application of this technique either, but you could append your own takes on the entire topic at the end and keep the rest as objective as possible.
Timing is everything.
-- If I'm writing about paragraphing and dialogue, the topic of 'said' is a natural progression. Especially when the way I was taught to paragraph actually negates the use of 'said' entirely. It's silly to post how much I loathe 'said' at the end of the essay, when the actual topic is in the middle.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Timing is everything.
-- If I'm writing about paragraphing and dialogue, the topic of 'said' is a natural progression. Especially when the way I was taught to paragraph actually negates the use of 'said' entirely. It's silly to post how much I loathe 'said' at the end of the essay, when the actual topic is in the middle.
Makes sense

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i'll be honest from the get-go: i am raised in a rather conservative household, and, even under lax moderation of my heavy activity in the increasingly progressive climate that is the internet, i still hold true to most of my parents' teachings. thus, i find myself heavily disagreeing with, in a generous amount, 80% of this opinion piece.

but this isn't a diss of your article. no, instead, it's more of a commendation. under most cases, i would've looked at some shit like this and go "bruh", and click off. but this is an interesting read. instead of preaching like it's a matter of fact, your prose reads like a window to me. it's like looking at a certain topic from a different perspective, and you're giving me that microscope.

most of the time, these kinds of articles read like statements that prop themselves as truth and nothing but such and preemptively shoot down any differing opinions. yours, however, reads like an invitation to another pair of lenses to see the world through. instead of getting put off, i actually feel invited to learn about this world of yours. of course, there are still some things I have a strong stance against (the Jealousy segment, for example) but for the most part, I end up feeling refreshed more than i feel my stance degraded, ESPCIALLY in a subject as vague as human relationships, where priorities differ heavily among individuals.

in a way, this inadvertently felt like a character study of how different people view the idea of love/romance. i may disagree with this but i also have learned a lot from this. what if you get a couple with clashing ideals? how would people of this consensus view the otherwise restrictive and possibly, reductive ways others (like myself) prefer to cultivate relationships?

i think this is my favourite "Tutorial" of yours. this is something i can ponder when I lay awake at night. thanks for that.

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
...what if you get a couple with clashing ideals? how would people of this consensus view the otherwise restrictive and possibly, reductive ways others (like myself) prefer to cultivate relationships?

Honestly, I have no idea because I have no clue how you (your culture?) view love, and what you'd consider a healthy relationship. I'd probably need to do a lot of research before I could come up with an idea that might answer your question.

...i think this is my favourite "Tutorial" of yours. this is something i can ponder when I lay awake at night. thanks for that.

Thank you so much for you very thoughtful review!

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Honestly, I have no idea because I have no clue how you (your culture?) view love, and what you'd consider a healthy relationship. I'd probably need to do a lot of research before I could come up with an idea that might answer your question.
i showed those questions under a more rhetorical context. people view love and relationships heavily, and i was stating that this was a great window to said difference between individuals. i figured this would be an interesting avenue to go down on as hell, conflict is what makes human drama fucken juicy and exquisite.