Unpopular opinion on "cringeworthy" asian/western shows most especially romance.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I hate the "OH I BUMP INTO THE MOST HANDSOME GUY SO THAT I CAN CUDDLE WITH HIM/HER ALL I WANT... OHHH OPPA/SENPAI/SENORITO!!!! YOU JUST MAKE ME COME EVEN THOUGH YOU SIMPLY STARE INTO ME LIKE A DIEHARD FANGIRL" and/or "I MUST PROTECT YOU AT ALL COST AS A HANDSOME PRINCE OR KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR BECAUSE FUCK SOCIETY... LET'S JUST FUCK EACH OTHER UP"

Damn, these main characters are like rip-off romeo or juliet or the "very first greek original something like that (I forgot the title)" when conflicting business companies tropes that goes way into personal issues like wtf... this is not how reality works... if you work, you work, but if you bang, you bang.... simple rule as that to prevent drama, and yet these K-drama-esque romance shows or fictions are pretty much forced to be as the plot of everything like are they stupid? These clout-chasing bastards or antagonists must be an asshole at all times for no reason... or envy? or whatsoever? It's a poor-written character because the MC's ruined career was all from the obsession of romantic love? Seriously? Get a fking life, and do whatever you want, or be a bitch/simp to hunt for a better husbando/waifu...

Oh boiii, I got sick of this romantic subplot as it served the same treatment as it sounds sexist at all times. After hunting some k-drama that isn't involved in romantic subplot, it's pretty sad that it is all the same as it is... or considerably rare. The same goes for my friends on my messenger when they were talking about it... like seriously, SIMPPPPP!!!

As an advocate of gender equality, if something is wrong to your waifu/husbando, you just need to beat them up hardly other than being a soft simp because THAT'S HOW YOU RESPECT THEM DESPITE THE GENDER ROLES.

Man, why these "cringeworthy" romance shows are always repetitive? and yet, they deserved to be trendy?? Oh gawd..... just stop... all you need is an isekai treatment where truck-kun will bust you up from kissing each other in the middle of the road while raining.

As for this message, this is more of an opinion plus a rant, so I'm pretty sure most everyone will gonna disagree with me or hate me... just do all you want. I want to break my mindset over thi

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I hate the "OH I BUMP INTO THE MOST HANDSOME GUY SO THAT I CAN CUDDLE WITH HIM/HER ALL I WANT... OHHH OPPA/SENPAI/SENORITO!!!! YOU JUST MAKE ME COME EVEN THOUGH YOU SIMPLY STARE INTO ME LIKE A DIEHARD FANGIRL" and/or "I MUST PROTECT YOU AT ALL COST AS A HANDSOME PRINCE OR KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR BECAUSE FUCK SOCIETY... LET'S JUST FUCK EACH OTHER UP"

Damn, these main characters are like rip-off romeo or juliet or the "very first greek original something like that (I forgot the title)" when conflicting business companies tropes that goes way into personal issues like wtf... this is not how reality works... if you work, you work, but if you bang, you bang.... simple rule as that to prevent drama, and yet these K-drama-esque romance shows or fictions are pretty much forced to be as the plot of everything like are they stupid? These clout-chasing bastards or antagonists must be an asshole at all times for no reason... or envy? or whatsoever? It's a poor-written character because the MC's ruined career was all from the obsession of romantic love? Seriously? Get a fking life, and do whatever you want, or be a bitch/simp to hunt for a better husbando/waifu...

Oh boiii, I got sick of this romantic subplot as it served the same treatment as it sounds sexist at all times. After hunting some k-drama that isn't involved in romantic subplot, it's pretty sad that it is all the same as it is... or considerably rare. The same goes for my friends on my messenger when they were talking about it... like seriously, SIMPPPPP!!!

As an advocate of gender equality, if something is wrong to your waifu/husbando, you just need to beat them up hardly other than being a soft simp because THAT'S HOW YOU RESPECT THEM DESPITE THE GENDER ROLES.

Man, why these "cringeworthy" romance shows are always repetitive? and yet, they deserved to be trendy?? Oh gawd..... just stop... all you need is an isekai treatment where truck-kun will bust you up from kissing each other in the middle of the road while raining.

As for this message, this is more of an opinion plus a rant, so I'm pretty sure most everyone will gonna disagree with me or hate me... just do all you want. I want to break my mindset over thi
Same energy

Alienix

As an advocate of gender equality, if something is wrong to your waifu/husbando, you just need to beat them up hardly other than being a soft simp because THAT'S HOW YOU RESPECT THEM DESPITE THE GENDER ROLES

Truly a man worthy of praise

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Making girls cum upon eye contact is a SKILL dude. Dont downplay their hard work like that saying its just a weird trope.

Samuel_Spader

Making girls cum upon eye contact is a SKILL dude.
And, how about... hear me first, okay? Making GUYS cum upon eye contact?

Also, for the OP, these stuff are the common (I think so, but Idk) fantasies that most female have; having a husbando who's handsome and, perhaps, own a large business and is overall a rich bloke.

Boi do I long for a good Anti-trope stories where, for example, a school boy who has a girl madly in love with him, but is one of those tsundere stereotype, and this school boy just did a hard slap on that said girl because she irritates him for so long.

Suryae

Dismembered
Hey, cut them some slack. Writers of these shows were usually have to wrote four episodes every single day, they don't have time for creativity.

LostLibrarian

Boi do I long for a good Anti-trope stories where, for example, a school boy who has a girl madly in love with him, but is one of those tsundere stereotype, and this school boy just did a hard slap on that said girl because she irritates him for so long.
Reminds me of some japanese light novels who tried similar things (boy dropping an annoying girl, or even the girl dropping the MC for treating her like shit) and that got really out of hand. A lot of people want their tropes to play out the same and will get really negative, if the rug is pulled from below their feet.
Went so far as authors getting death threats or harassment, forcing them to rewrite stuff, and there are some publisher contracts who force you directly into never doing that if you start a series with them...

So it's really hard and would need to have a lot of other things going on, to be successful for a wider audience.
And given that a lot of webnovel authors try to go for popular topics with their own spin, the tropes just pile on...

There are some examples of a few scenes here and there, but I also never really saw such stories...
Please tell me, if you ever find one :D

D4isuke

Hey, cut them some slack. Writers of these shows were usually have to wrote four episodes every single day, they don't have time for creativity.
This is why quality needs more time. But right now, it's more of a financial motive other than aesthetic motive.
Also, for the OP, these stuff are the common (I think so, but Idk) fantasies that most female have; having a husbando who's handsome and, perhaps, own a large business and is overall a rich bloke.
and this is why I can't relate to these kind of works.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
And, how about... hear me first, okay? Making GUYS cum upon eye contact?

D4isuke

Making girls cum upon eye contact is a SKILL dude. Dont downplay their hard work like that saying its just a weird trope.
If I eye contact with girls, do you think I made them cum?