Unreliable Biased Feedback

Since most feedback threads are dead right now, and I'm trying to ignore/delay my responsibilities I have some free time, I decided on making my own.

This will be from the viewpoint of a simple-minded reader with an increasingly short attention span. I'll read until I lose interest.

Requirements:
  1. 10k+ words
Restrictions:
  1. Gender bender and all its subgenres (unless it's a genderless monster)
  2. Girls-love
  3. Boys-love

Highest ratings:
  1. The Stormcrow Cycle by @bokhi 4.5 / 5
  2. Kapal by @BenJepheneT 4.5 / 5
  3. The Supernatural Case of the Accidental Time Traveler by @Paul_Tromba 4 / 5

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
one of these is smut. one of these isn't. pick one,

verseii

BluePheasant

I'd really appreciate the feedback and welcome all the constructive criticisms.
Here's my novel~

Mine please!

Its in my signature
Chapter 3
2/5 : Below average

the first chapter doesn't do you any favors. its writing is especially poor. I'd have dropped the novel from the first few paragraphs alone. other than that, the characters are one-dimensional and the dialogue is dull.
I skipped to the last two chapters and everything I mentioned seemed to be getting better, but I had already lost interest by the second chapter

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Chapter 3
2/5 : Below average

the first chapter doesn't do you any favors. its writing is especially poor. I'd have dropped the novel from the first few paragraphs alone. other than that, the characters are one-dimensional and the dialogue is dull.
I skipped to the last two chapters and everything I mentioned seemed to be getting better, but I had already lost interest by the second chapter
I was thinking the first chapter needed severe rewrites and this confirms it. Considering how I wrote the first chapter with almost 0 prior writing experience. Thanks blob

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
It's been a while since the last time I got feedback. I would love it if you take a look at my story. Link in my signature.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion

Do me please :D
Regarding the novel in your signature
3/5: Average

I read the first two or three chapters and skimmed till chapter 7 or 8. I can only describe it as bland. the writing style is not bad but it's quite unengaging. nothing hooked me and I had zero interest in seeing what's next.
out of curiosity, i checked the older version and it was way way more animated. not sure why you decided on such a drastic change

Last edited:

Mr.Grey-Cat

If you are okay with it, then here is my novel's link.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Regarding the novel in your signature
3/5: Average

I read the first two or three chapters and skimmed till chapter 7 or 8. I can only describe it as bland. the writing style is not bad but it's quite unengaging. nothing hooked me and I had zero interest in seeing what's next.
out of curiosity, i checked the older version and it was way way more animated. not sure why you decided on such a drastic change
... seriously? The old version was a rushed piece of mess, at least for me.

... seriously? The old version was a rushed piece of mess, at least for me.
I just skimmed through the first few chapters of older one but they definitely has more soul. no clue about the rest

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I just skimmed through the first few chapters of older one but they definitely has more soul. no clue about the rest
I did make the rewrite much slower paced, but that;s probably not it. Thanks though :D

Hathnuz

Since most feedback threads are dead right now, and I'm trying to ignore/delay my responsibilities I have some free time, I decided on making my own.

This will be from the viewpoint of a simple-minded reader with an increasingly short attention span. I'll read until I lose interest.

Requirements:
  1. 10k+ words
Restrictions:
  1. Gender bender and all its subgenres (unless it's a genderless monster)
  2. Girls-love
  3. Boys-love
Thanks in advance