Update on Volcano Eruption in my Country

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Some of you may have seen me posting several pictures of a mild eruption from one of our volcanoes here in the Philippines. In case you haven't, these were the pictures:

This is not considered a big eruption. More or less, this is the volcano 'coughing out' the ash and pressure. It's nearly a week since that happened and the situation isn't even done. All throughout this week, the alert level has been a constant Level 4. To put that into perspective, here are the levels:

This is the volcano:

Taal Volcano
To further break it down:

The main volcanic crater is that lake in the middle.

With that out of the way, I wanted to share how far the devastation has reached from that mild eruption that started last Sunday.

Red dot in the center is the volcano. Bigger red circle are the directly affected areas. The outer ring has equally been devasted with fissures from the repetitive earthquakes since Sunday. Here are a few to show the collective devastation:

Map below shows where the fissures are more prominent:

Even more alarming is this:

That lake in the middle has been completely drained. Fissures are forming to the sides of the volcano that are expanding by the day and those cracks from the areas indicated in that map with the black circle are now emitting steam. Also, this river connecting the bigger lake to the ocean

has parts that have also drained completely. It's frightening what that implies and, frankly, I'm getting freaked out. Tagaytay, which is where the volcano is located, is roughly 100km (60+ miles) from where we live. I'm not exaggerating when I say the effects will reach where I am if this volcano ends up truly erupting. Even sadder, the places I went to as a child will be completely destroyed.

My heart is broken as it is. We've often joked about what would happen if Taal erupted in this day and age and we always thought it would be frightening. Seeing it actually unfold before my eyes has broken a part of my heart that would take a long time to recover.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
that's certainly the most unique volcano i've seen. a volcano of volcanoes in the middle of a lake. uwu

The night pictures are breathtaking but being the result of such a dangerous situation is :blob_shock: