Username and Avatar

CubicleHermit

I got characterized once as "not a total cubicle hermit" by an acquaintance, back when the tech industry still favored cubicles rather than open-plan layouts. The phrase stuck with me, and ended up being the first domain name I came up with. So I've got a blog by that title (mostly dead now, but it's still up) and I use this as a not-really-anonymous username places where I don't care if I'm recognized, but I don't want to be so unimaginative to use my real name or initials/last-name run together.

I should probably get a better avatar. The "south park guy" is a pretty good likeness [proportions aren't even that exaggerated, sadly!] of how I looked without gray hair 15 odd years ago, and comes from an old (since-shut-down) unofficial site to create yourself as a character from that show.

I chose my username because I am a very real author who definitely writes stuff and participates in other (totally real) authorly activity.
I chose my avatar because I am 100% a hot bimbo with abs and a white, purse-sized ankle biter.

Major2501

Major comes from what could/would be seen as an unhealthy obsession I've had with Ghost in the Shell for the past 26 years. My av is one of them AI ones which I like and actually sort of looks like me. 😆

Aiyoki

Aiyoki: Copyright 2006 by me. I wanted a unique username that still sounded like it could be Japanese. Anyone using this username that isn't me is likely a thief trying to steal my identity (JK) :P

The avatar: Tanya Degurechaff. She's psychotic and a bit insane in the membrane. She's also fairly unique as a character trope as she falls under an uncommon category known as Yangire. Her violent tendencies are motivated by a deep love for efficiently using human resources. She also refuses to believe in Being X despite him forcing her to verbally "Worship" him in order to unlock her full potential.

Notlost

I felt rather lost making and account and beginning to write a story.
Hopefully my name will go from ironic to correct once I've gotten used to things
as for my pfp I went with the first thing in my album, his face amuses me

Kamba

username: Kamba. I wanted a username that was both pronounceable and did not have a pre-described meaning, so I made it and did some searching online and could not find anything. Also this was in the early 2000s.

avatar: I recently made it. I created an interesting character with waifulabs and based the new avatar on it. the waifu doesn't really look anything like the resulting image, but I ended up liking it enough to replace the pixel art of a turnip that I made nearly a decade ago. Having used that as a pfp for so long and suddenly changing it has casued me to glance at the comment section, seeing my pfp and thinking "thats a cool pfp" only to realize that it's my pfp half a second later.

kojimarui

Username is my penname in Japanese order, honestly it's too normal for a BL author but whatever. Kojima is because I knew my first story would be set in Neverland and it's an old island. (I write Kojima as 古島 which is literally "old island"). Rui is because I rage quit trying find a cute girl's name that works with 魔 so I picked something random.

Avatar is because I was playing with one of those AI art software and got this and it was pretty.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Syringe

Since I solely play healer roles in any game I play + am a Nurse. I like syringes.

Destroyatron Mark VIII. The persona's based on a short story I wrote once about a robot that was built to conquer humanity, but saved it instead because it became addicted to human media.

The avatar's just a picture of me wearing the costume my awesome wife built me for halloween one year.

proxybaba

For me,
i used to be master in giving proxy attendance so my classmates started calling me this
and the avatar is from memoji

Narcissistic_loser

Aiming to be a better person.
I had a friend that had a Narcissistic personality and always wants to be that im Unique type guy So i took the Word Narcissistic <- from him and the the -> _ part is from my fav R18 Author MLB he has one so why not for the loser i identified that friend as a loser and also myself actually (long story short i cut him off) so that's where my name comes from Narcissistic_Loser

Getterkuma

Getter comes from the series Getter Robo and Kuma is a nickname people from a forum gave me like 15 years ago. Superficially it means bear because I'm a big guy, but also has a bunch of word play associated to my real name.

My avatar is a logo designed by my partner in life, love and sometimes work. I mostly use it as a logo for my character in the local pro-wrestling Circuit. I usually call the logo the "Bombear"

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
Jaymi -> my name is Jamie, and i write fantasy stories. Jaymi seemed like a fantasy twist on my real name
the avatar is just cute

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Well a new forum means new members or perhaps some people who have changed their username here on scribbly

soooo guys I'm kinda wondering on what's the reason on why/where did you guys decided to use your current username and avatar

Example:
hmmm why Raneday, well Raneday is based from my real name and my avatar is Shouko Nishimiya from Koe no Katachi, one of my fave manga
Well... I don't have an avatar. I'm just a letter because I spent zero time to stick a pic in. My username TheMonotonePuppet comes from the lore of a cult I started on a Discord server, with inspiration taken from stuff in my story's bonus chapters. In this cult, we are all BEST FRIENDS of the Stars, and I myself am a not-colorful, fleshy puppet for the Stars, who always want new experiences!
Getter comes from the series Getter Robo and Kuma is a nickname people from a forum gave me like 15 years ago. Superficially it means bear because I'm a big guy, but also has a bunch of word play associated to my real name.

My avatar is a logo designed by my partner in life, love and sometimes work. I mostly use it as a logo for my character in the local pro-wrestling Circuit. I usually call the logo the "Bombear"
Wait, wait, wait! Monokuma!!!

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
Aader... that goes back to my Xbox 360 split screen multi-player days. Back when the profile selector was a list you had to scroll down. My buddy was named Aaron and I wanted to have the top most account. The Username stuck until 2020 when I started using Rezcore. And my pfp is from the Manhwa Noblesse, which is considered to be one of Koreas big 3 along with Solo Leveling

Spactacular

hehe, what a question. Well, since i wanted to write anonymously, I sat down and thought to myself: What's a dumb a sh*t username that suits me. I then found this truly fabulous profile pic I saved to my photos some years ago and thought, hot daymn, that's just spectacular.

upon further thought, I realised that spectacular is likely taken, at which point an old friend's nickname came to mind. 'Spaccers'. and there you have it. one Spactaular profile picture and one questionable name 🤣🤦‍♂️

Bobple

Bobple, by itself or with some possible variation.

Usually Bobple The Great, but depending on site and if its easier to change the name you might see, Bobple The Tired, Bobple The Alone, Bobple The Penguin, Bobple The Dead, Bobple The Ascended, Bobple Who Died From Too Many Books.

Bob + Apple. Bob isn't my name, but I found it funny and one of my characters I played was called Bob. Apple, cause I would randomly say or answer with Apple.

Then somehow I created the user name. Honestly the origin is a little messy, cause while I think that was the reason, I did chose it just cause I thought it sounded good.

It wasn't my first username, and I had two other main ones before. One which lasted for about 3 years, then another which lasted 8 years. But Bobple is definitely the best out of all the ones I have used.

Oh, Avatar. Ah.... it is an Apple with eyes and two top hats. I made it. It also version 2 of my Avatar, I still use version 1, cause I made some different hats for it, and I've haven't done that yet for version 2, cause I'm bad at art.

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy/Current owner of LuoirM nose
My random Xbox username was Woolen Monkey and I some numbers and I need up liking it. I use it as my username for everything from games to websites. Well either that or Hollow Doll.