Using writing to deal with different addictions, an opinion.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I wish my brain worked that way, but I wind up mindlessly eating at the same time as writing, so even if my toddler let me spend four hours a day writing, that wouldn't be good for my health.

lambenttyto

But the biggest question is: What do I do with my writing addiction?
Well you keep writing, of course!

Now the question is, what's going to be your shining achievement in writing? Your magnum opus, your crown jewel?

Tell.

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Well you keep writing, of course!

Now the question is, what's going to be your shining achievement in writing? Your magnum opus, your crown jewel?

Tell.
100 written books. That is my dream. (I have around 30, right now!)

I personally had several addictions. When it comes to writing them, it often made me feel depressed.

Like, what's the point if it can never be as I want? Which I can indulge in as much as possible with no negative effects?

Well, long story short, I kinda gave up on them. I wasn't interested in writing for a living anymore since I had better goals.

I prefer to use them to summarize my findings instead.

When it comes to getting by with addictions, I kinda let my imagination handle it. Try to shape another reality where I can indulge in things as much as I wanted, with no negative effects. It all based on emulating your five senses. Easiest of them might be sight and hearing. Smell, touch and taste would be trickier, but once you get the hang of remembering the usual things you perceived within your lifetime, you can just take from there.

Sure, it might actually make my addiction worse at one time, but I kinda tried to imagine taking something that actually didn't exist in real life; things that felt so amazing and mythical and went from there instead. It made me realize that the things I crave for in real life was but a shadow of what I could have focused instead. as such, i don't crave them as much anymore.

Sometimes it got too intense though, that I wasn't sure if the world i life in is truly reality. It's like these empowering imaginations also did affect me and make me stronger in some ways. Even when I was over thirty, I didn't feel much difference than a decade ago. probably even healthier in general.

While I kinda left pursuing writing as a medium for stories, I do feel it's still extremely powerful way to gather your thoughts. Who knows, one day you can turn yourself into a God from it.

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Need to indie publish those.
I began to indie publish on Smashwords. It is just that, SH doesn't do anything to protect your novels from aggregators. There is this one, I won't name it, that stole my entire SH portfolio. Now, I can't publish any of those books because they can be read for free, on that site. Not that I would have, anyway. I gave them to the SH community, and if they make at least one person smile per day, then I would be happy. (They still get readers, which is humbling. It really makes you think: I created something people can enjoy. Huh, so I do have a creative bone in my body?)