UTAWARERUMONO: PRELUDE TO THE FALLEN [FINISHED]

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft

Utawarerumono is a once-in-a-lifetime experience with an almost perfect pace of storytelling and unique characters that create a dynamic scene like no other, and its turn-based game mechanics are unquestionably a true-to-the-heart RPG. First and foremost, I haven't given much thought to what to say, but while we're at it, I'll say what I've experienced thus far, and despite lacking in some ways and where to explain, I'll do my best.

Now that I've thoroughly played the game on the hardest difficulty, I can pretty much say that the game isn't as difficult as it definitely gives off, and while the BP mechanic is a completely broken feature, there's also a rewind feature in case of errors during gameplay. Despite the cool animations and engaging—but useless—quick-time events, the gameplay comes across as a little too plain and lacking, even if you try to ignore some of these features. I like strategy, but you can get through this game by brute force without having to plan out a whole strategy for how to beat the battle.

Second, the OST is improved when using the remix version, and I enjoy listening to it while playing the game and whenever an event occurs. Although the OSTs with vocals clearly did more than express their aesthetic, they also made me cry... Yes, it works perfectly throughout the melodramatic scenes. The scenery for each battle is completely unique, though I must admit that they don't really compel me that much, so they get overshadowed by the almost expanding battle in each moment.

The magecraft feature of the battle mechanics are also useless and probably given little thought in the process since there is necessarily no reason to use them two, they deal no damage and there is no BP for Magic UP so I can't find any reason for it to be any useful than what it is. There is also the Training feature of the game which is divided into different patterns but they usually don't matter, it gives off a lot of items but otherwise a way to kill time and gather equipment which are pretty much unnecessary.

Whatever the case may be, all of this is just water under the bridge in comparison to the incredible story and characters. They really come across as somewhat interesting from their own point of view, and they give off a relatable vibe while having an interesting dialogue and chemistry with various characters. I enjoy watching all of the side events, but having to read all of the texts can make me sleepy, so I couldn't pay attention much, but I still managed to grasp the topic and what was there to learn so far.

Overall, I would recommend this type of game to any player looking for a really great story, and with two sequels left to go, I'll finally be able to complete the entire Utawarerumono!
THANKS FOR READING!​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 70892

Utawarerumono is a once-in-a-lifetime experience with an almost perfect pace of storytelling and unique characters that create a dynamic scene like no other, and its turn-based game mechanics are unquestionably a true-to-the-heart RPG. First and foremost, I haven't given much thought to what to say, but while we're at it, I'll say what I've experienced thus far, and despite lacking in some ways and where to explain, I'll do my best.

Now that I've thoroughly played the game on the hardest difficulty, I can pretty much say that the game isn't as difficult as it definitely gives off, and while the BP mechanic is a completely broken feature, there's also a rewind feature in case of errors during gameplay. Despite the cool animations and engaging—but useless—quick-time events, the gameplay comes across as a little too plain and lacking, even if you try to ignore some of these features. I like strategy, but you can get through this game by brute force without having to plan out a whole strategy for how to beat the battle.

Second, the OST is improved when using the remix version, and I enjoy listening to it while playing the game and whenever an event occurs. Although the OSTs with vocals clearly did more than express their aesthetic, they also made me cry... Yes, it works perfectly throughout the melodramatic scenes. The scenery for each battle is completely unique, though I must admit that they don't really compel me that much, so they get overshadowed by the almost expanding battle in each moment.

The magecraft feature of the battle mechanics are also useless and probably given little thought in the process since there is necessarily no reason to use them two, they deal no damage and there is no BP for Magic UP so I can't find any reason for it to be any useful than what it is. There is also the Training feature of the game which is divided into different patterns but they usually don't matter, it gives off a lot of items but otherwise a way to kill time and gather equipment which are pretty much unnecessary.

Whatever the case may be, all of this is just water under the bridge in comparison to the incredible story and characters. They really come across as somewhat interesting from their own point of view, and they give off a relatable vibe while having an interesting dialogue and chemistry with various characters. I enjoy watching all of the side events, but having to read all of the texts can make me sleepy, so I couldn't pay attention much, but I still managed to grasp the topic and what was there to learn so far.

Overall, I would recommend this type of game to any player looking for a really great story, and with two sequels left to go, I'll finally be able to complete the entire Utawarerumono!
THANKS FOR READING!​
*Advertisement*