Very serious, need help for finding good novels

Emperor2penguin

Im lacking novels to read so i need help finding interesting novels, plug in yours if u think its good.

Requirements ( if any or is this type of novel, really appreciate) :
No female mc ( it doesn't apeal to be interesting on most cases, few exceptions)
Fantasy/isekai/or something
No sci fi
No horror / tragedies
I like when theres action
I like strong mc, or average
No xiaxia or along that type
No bl
I like if theres comedy to lighten up the novel
I like magic

Jemini

Well, mine breaks more than one of your rules, but from the feedback I've gotten I believe you will probably like it anyway. (link in my sig.)

I basically wrote mine to be different. I mostly set it in a fantasy world with a D&D like structure. I used a cultivation world power scaling model mostly because I just didn't like the idea of using the lite RPG model, but it is very different from your typical xanxia. I gotta tell you, I really don't like Xanxia or Wuxia either, and it's mostly because they're all exactly the same. The Chinese just have some very stagnant writing, but there are quite a few western writers, especially on this site, who like to take the concept of cultivation and try to do something very different from it never before seen in the Chinese cultivation genres. (It is to the point that western cultivation novels legitimately do not belong under the Xanxia or Wuxia tag due to how much they break the genre. To western writers, it's just a power scaling model, and all the other tropes are left completely behind.)

It is a gender-bent male-to-female story, but it's not going to be boring for the reasons you may be suspecting. (a portion of my audience has called it slow in the start, and it does take a while in laying the groundwork before the action starts, but it becomes very action packed later.)

About the only one of your rules it breaks that might be a potential unmitigated deal breaker is the no tragedy rule. I would not say tragedy so much as I would attrocity, but there's some pretty impactful stuff that goes on. You kinda need that stuff for the sake of drama. In my mind, there are very few ways to actually tell a good story without being willing to push your characters to the point of despair. The story's not all about the tragedy and such, it's more that I'm just not content to be "safe" with my story. I'm the type who rolls up my sleeves and digs into the muck at the bottom of the human condition in order to find nuggets of truth and present them to the audience, and invite the reader to take the same journey with me.

Other than those three, it follows your likes list almost perfectly, although there is a period where the comedic lightness kinda goes quiet for 2 acts in a row. (I actually took a cookie cutter isekai protagonist and made him a support character, and also the comic relief. I've seen antagonist heroes before, even having the antagonist heroes being isekai heroes modeled after the previous writing generation's hero tropes, but I took the current generation's tropes for an isekai protagonist and made him the protagonist's friend... Ok, scratch that. It is the previous generation now come to think of it. The old trope of antagonist hero uses the tropes of 2 generations ago. The last generation uses otakus with genre awareness as the protagonist, the current generation uses guys working dead-end jobs and trying to just aford to live on their own.)

mr.heavy-writer

Tony's Friend
Im lacking novels to read so i need help finding interesting novels, plug in yours if u think its good.

No female mc ( it doesn't apeal to be interesting on most cases, few exceptions)
No sci fi
No horror / tragedies
No bl
I like magic
original novel or translation novel ?

here's the stuff I enjoy. it may or may not be what you looking for.

Sevens - it has awesome funny moments with mr. lyle and the ancestors. action isn't the focus but there were some good war and fight scenes. MC gets really strong later on.

Everyone Else is a Returnee - OP MC with fun fights and leveling. It's not a serious story and it all went happy go lucky despite the intense fight scenes.

Overgeared - it's a VR story with Fantasy elements. It has nice fights, comedy, magic and the story's on the light side. The MC starts weak but in the later arcs his stats are pretty much broken. Despite that, the fights weren't always a steamroll. There's always a stronger being out there to put the MC in his place. which makes the fights kind of exciting.

Master Hunter K - second chance Fantasy + OP MC story. the ending's pretty rushed but I enjoyed it from start to finish. the story's on the light side. has a good number of action.

Mizu

I don't know if you will like it but I am writing Glory be to Arria.
The MC is not female.
It is Fantasy/Historical, the world isn't earth at least and magic plays a subtle role. (Super subtle, it is soft and isn't used to solve the issues of our MC but it is there even though it isn't what is normally thought of as magic).
No Horror or a tragedy and since it is historical it isn't sci-fi.
You got me on Action, there is a little bit but it starts off slow. Once the war picks up action will play a more important role but it isn't the focus of the story.
MC is pretty strong, borderline OP when it comes to physical ability but since most of his issues aren't physical this may be a mixed bag for you.
Is not Xiaxia and is more European in style.
No BL, Romance is there but isn't the main focus.
Wouldn't say it is comedic but the tone isn't overly dark in my opinion. You aren't going to be going goth while reading it.
Doesn't use magic in the more traditional novel sense so I have to say you got me there.
It is my first novel and I am sure it isn't the best but I don't think it is terrible and you may enjoy it.

Arkus86

The Queen’s Hound - this one ticks all your requirements
The Prince of Cats - no magic and while fighting is not its focus (the MC is a thief, not a fighter), there is some action
The Eagle’s Flight - very little - if any - magic, also it follows multiple characters (some of whom are females) and storylines and while not tragedy per se, there are some heavier chapters and it's more serious overall
Fork This Life! - it's story about a magical, sentient fork, what to say. Only if you don't like tragedy, beware the first side story...

Chaaruzu_Corner

Young Senior Member
I really do feel like I'm rubbing my own horn here but Black Witch from Another World mostly checks your boxes XD

It's a genderbent where the guy turns into a girl character he's playing, so you can put a half check on that front. Though he does embraced certain aspects of his new form ;) you don't list any sexual/gory stuff so I think you're fine with those, (and it gets really gory and sexual at times, plus the MC swears like a sailor.

I agree with Jemina that it's hard making a compelling story without tragedies but luckily it's still pretty earlier in my story so you won't find too many drama for now. No horror too, I still can't comprehend how you would get scared in something that doesn't even have an image XD

No sci-fi since its an isekai fantasy.

The action front... Yeah, I'll admit I'm still honing that but my latest chapter though is a fighting chapter, so there's that. But it's still pretty calm for now with only 2 and a half fights so far XD I'm really more into behind the scenes/political talk where characters are making deals and stuff rather than fighting kind of guy. I really like writing dialogue like that so if you like that then that's great!! ^^

MC is OP. But she (I'll refer him as a girl now) is very cautious and knows about the pitfalls of the isekai tropes (her earth was in the future than it currently is now) so she tries as much as she can to not attract attention and keep her powers a secret.

I've only ever read two Chinese novels. Bringing the Farm to Another World and Release that Witch. Maybe it's my stereotypes against china but I always find them to be cringy so even with the trash of isekai, at least even the worst ones you can still laugh at how stupid they are. So my story is pretty isekai with my own twist and writing style ^^

There's lesbian in my story, but no bl yet XD

I don't really know if my story is funny or not, it's subjective. But it is certainly pretty light hearted and for me is pretty comedic.

Lastly there's magic. Yup! Actually I'm just introducing in the new concepts of my magic. I really don't like the RPG stats thing, so I took the overlord approach and just have game like magic but no menus, screens, health bars, stats and numbers. So yeah xD

Anyway that's enough of my own ego for one comment today so I hope you like it :)

steve2116

I don’t know if mine is good but it ticks most of what you asked for:
MC is a male, no scifi, no horror, action is one of the main focus’, MC is strong, idk what xiaxia is exactly but it’s loosely based off Xianxia stuff, no bl, comedy is a main focus like action, definitely magic.

For a short intro; its about a dog in a magical world who wants to get stronger to protect the person they love.

Its my first story I’ve ever written and it will probably be bad but if you ever run out of other books feel free to read a couple chapters

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
It seems my novel checks all of the requirements so I'll just leave it here. I've just started writing recently so there aren't many chapters but I've been working on improving what I've already written + writing buffer chapters.

FirstSister

No sci fi
No horror / tragedies
No bl
I like magic
Nah, why don't you try this one?
Secrets of the Blue: A Journey of the Beautiful Elisa
Well... There is no magic here. I will not speak further. If you have free time, just give it a shoot.
⚈ ̫ ⚈