very tortured mc

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
An mc that is always given a kick to the balls by the author (if the mc (still) has them). I want a story where mc suffers and suffers. Preferably permanent disabilities (like loss of limbs) and permanent sacrifices (like death of loved ones) are in the mix too.
Edit: also, please no harem.
Basically Worm, please

Last edited:

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
:blob_hmm_two: I think the 'tragedy' tag has a lot of what you're asking for.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
One of my novel (with slow update) has a tortured MC. It's GB tho, I don't know if you are interested in it

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The MC from the Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler is constantly suffering. Getting limbs chopped off, only to have them grow back and be chopped off again.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
PAIN, SUFFERING, HURT, ANGUISH! THAT IS WHAT I LIVE FOR.

ACertainPassingUser

2. Re- zero
Yep, Natsuki Subaru is destined to suffer the hardest way if he wants to keep pursuing his goal without straying off the path.

The author always cut meat enthusiastically while screaming "Subaru", because he always thinks of how to make Subaru suffer next.

Even those tragic 7 IF stories were the mercy's that Author gave him, or the easy way out that doesn't make him suffer too much in his mind.

Because those IF stories were the easy escape from mental torture by succumbing to the Sins and just go mindless autopilot with his power. Instead of trying to stay sane and doing the right thing despite those horrible nightmares, doubt, fear, guilt, and others in his mind.

And for those anime viewers that thinks Subaru doesn't suffer enough, don't worry: Subaru's suffering never got any easier. It's always get worse every next arc.

Next :
Berserk (manga)

The MC, Guts, is always suffering. From his childhood, to his teenage times, and it continues to his adulthood, to this day.

Guts is already in his name, and his ball still proven solid despite all the shit that happened to him since the 80s.

---------------------------------------
And lastly :
Toaru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

I'm not a fan of the story itself, I just like The naming of the show.

At the surface, It's just another Harem protagonist with cliche hero syndrome and fanservice.

But, let's take a look at the protagonist himself : Kamijou Touma.

He's always unlucky due to power in his right hand, since childhood to his teenage times.

suffering big consequences from doing small mistake is guaranteed. Everything that can go wrong is definitely goes wrong, no random luck that save him (except from death)

everytime he didn't pay attention to hissurrounding or his actions, he will slip on the floor, or his recently bought egg will break, and someone will accidentally hit him, plus his phone will just slip randomly and definitely gonna get broken by a car/other passerby, and that's frickin guaranteed.

If he talk what in his heart/mind without watching, he will just actually offend people that will be pissed about it. No random luck that decided his word won't be heard and ignored.

Hes so used to offending powerful gangs and thugs that he's already very experienced to fight 3 skill-out gangster at the same time just to survive.

He always forced to see helpless girl (because men is easier to save), and always risk his life and getting injured because of it.

Plus he's always forced to see almost naked women that were changing in the wrong room or universal bathroom etc.

He Can't control it. You just relax your mind from job, and suddenly you forgot to detect there's man here.

his school grade is always behind his friend, even tho he is rather smart. He always gets into fight or another bad luck involuntarily everyday.

he always gets into hospital that he may as well gets his own special room for his frequent visit. Getting into hospital repeatedly without being refused, means that the injury is "serious".

The only reason All those daily basis pain didn't accumulated into battle scars and made him looks as horrible as Subaru/guts, is because his power helps him to regenerate his body back to normal. Plus he has some kind of strong mental power that make him still has h good even though his mind is already wiped twice or more. So with his younger untrained body that ensure suffering, there's also strong mind that force him to keep feeling the pain.

People always insult him for his harem and his heroic mindset. But does anyone actually takes a look at his face reactions whenever expressions whenever that happens ?
Does he look happy ?

Look at the face, look at the eye.
No !!
It's always in pain and sighing.

All those 3 season of suffering in the Anime is only between 3-4 month. All those build up story that filled with lots of arc and suffering every now and then, is only some days/week/month for Touma.

So Touma is defined get kicked around a Lot and

Last edited:

Bokuboy

An mc that is always given a kick to the balls by the author (if the mc (still) has them). I want a story where mc suffers and suffers. Preferably permanent disabilities (like loss of limbs) and permanent sacrifices (like death of loved ones) are in the mix too.
Basically Worm, please
320 chapters of evil goodness for you to languish in.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
I have read a few chapters and I like SS. The author has really squeezed the mc in the first dream. But, and it is vital, tell me: is it harem?
nope no harem. infact there isn't much romance either although it may feel like it. But the author fucks up the mc real bad in the second dream

minionlover

Basically Worm, please
I don't have any recommendations, only questions. By tortured mc, are you perhaps looking for someone deserving of punishment (I'm talking Adolf Kitler levels here) or someone completely undeserving of punishment (Spidey/Petey levels)? Cuz if it's the former, I'm able to understand, but if it's the latter... What kind of sick joy could you possibly deprive from such a story?

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I don't have any recommendations, only questions. By tortured mc, are you perhaps looking for someone deserving of punishment (I'm talking Adolf Kitler levels here) or someone completely undeserving of punishment (Spidey/Petey levels)? Cuz if it's the former, I'm able to understand, but if it's the latter... What kind of sick joy could you possibly deprive from such a story?
nooyoure.jpg