Viewing Votes

Ninetailed_Furball

For a while, I've been annoyed that you had to explicitly go into a chapter and click on view votes to see the results of a poll made in your own story. It was annoying and took way too much time to do, especially if the poll was at the bottom of the page and you had a bunch of comments on that same page.
What I'd like to ask is that you make poll results viewable from the table of contents on the dashboard.
Either put it in the drop-down box, or make a link in the chapter's field.

Jemini

Hmm... I haven't really been using the poll function, so I don't have much to add from that end. However, this seems like a pretty specialized feature you're asking for to me, and I don't really know how someone might implement it. I mean, I guess we gotta wait for Tony and see if he has any ideas, but if it proves as difficult as I'm thinking then you might be asking a little much just for some minor convenience on something that's not a major critical issue.

That said, I also do get the whole time and convenience thing, so might be something for them to add to the list of suggestions.

Ninetailed_Furball

Oh, I didn't mean it like it "I must needs it nao!" kinda thing. It was an entirely convenience thing, and honestly it's not a big deal. I just got annoyed about it a few times, and thought that it was something that could put considered for a future feature.

Sometimes things like this can crop up as a surprisingly easy thing to implement (like just make it a pop-out inline window (or whatever those elements are called) that shows the poll results as is). But yea, if it'll take enough time that it'll take away from more important features, then obviously leave it for a day when no big features are being worked on (aka, never).

Ispheria

Staff member
I personally want this so I don't artificially increase the number of views my chapters get each time I want to check the votes

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Id like this feature as well, especially since it takes more time to check vote results when you have longer chapters and multiple chapters to scroll through.