Was there ever a controversial scribblehub forum user

SailusGebel

I think @Agentt should make a poll again on who's the controversial SH member. It'd be interesting.

D

Deleted member 54065

Hm...I think 'Ignored' is different from 'Controversial', but well, who am I to judge that? :blob_hmm: :blob_hmm_two:

SailusGebel

Hm...I think 'Ignored' is different from 'Controversial', but well, who am I to judge that? :blob_hmm: :blob_hmm_two:
It is different. But at the same time, I think some people talk more about personal dislike rather than people being controversial\ignored, and the topic shifts.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Sporting some sick shades.

He's not cool because of the shades. He just has something I like to call X factor. Very few have this! I can attest to this because I'm probably the only guy on SH with any X factor.

D

Deleted member 54065

It is different. But at the same time, I think some people talk more about personal dislike rather than people being controversial\ignored, and the topic shifts.
Hmm...you got a point there. Well, anyway, since it's a personal perspective, I guess there won't be a 'most controversial' member here.

Besides, with the member roster constantly changing, I doubt there can ever be a unanimous opinion on the 'mosts'.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's true that, in the early days of formula, the marketing culture quite erroneously pushed that it was better for babies to the detriment of an entire generation.

This was eventually overturned by a study that showed a slight statistically significant advantage in intelligence of people who were breast fed Vs. formula fed babies. This was the beginning of a large counter-push that resulted in a current culture where the popular opinion is that you are abusing your child if you do not breast feed them.

Now days though, ever since the significant advantages of breast feeding were discovered, the research into the subject has significantly improved formula to the point that while breast feeding is still the superior option and one should never even think of going 100% formula fed for their baby, at the very least it's a solid option for instances where the mother just needs a break or has to go somewhere they can't have their baby around and needs to leave them in the care of a babysitter.

Considering the level to which the culture is down on formula now days, I do think this counter-message needs to be heard a little more for the sake of mothers who are pushing themselves a little too hard and beating up on themselves when they can't keep up.
Formula has its place. It saves lives, but to be fair, that's mainly because wet nurses have gone out of style. Premature babies fed with donor milk still show a higher survival rate than those fed with formula.

I needed to supplement with formula for my son for a few weeks because my milk came in late. He was 10% below his birth weight when we took him home from the hospital, which is normal because newborn stomachs are tiny. However, he was 15% below his birth weight when we brought him to the pediatrician on his third day of life.

One phrase from the pediatrician kept going through my mind, and that's what kept me strong.

I sighed in defeat and said, "My mom couldn't directly breastfeed me either." I wound up 10% below my birth weight at one month, so I was getting something, but it wasn't enough. My mom wound up hand-expressing what she could and putting it in bottles so I at least got some milk.

The pediatrician said, "This isn't 30 years ago," and proceeded to give me a routine to keep my son interested in my nipple while I built up my milk supply. In my sleep-deprived state, I couldn't have done it without my husband's help and support. Thankfully, it worked!

The thing my mom and I later realized is that she had trouble with latch because nobody told her how to use a C-hold for her breasts. The nurses and lactation consultant who came to see me in the postpartum room were better about that, thankfully.

The "never feel bad about feeding your baby" and "fed is best" messages I've been seeing everywhere are examples of toxic positivity. That was a difficult time for me. I needed to process my emotions, not ignore them. "This isn't 30 years ago" made me feel heard and kept me going. If I had failed to get my son off the bottle, I would have wanted someone to validate my emotions like this:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
So true. I didn't get told much about pregnancy and feeding; they probably assumed since I was older, I already knew it all. Or they couldn't be bothered. No-one should be judged for their choices but when people say they bottle fed through choice, I wonder if it was lack of support for bf that made them make that 'choice'. I persevered with the bf and fed him til he was 18 months.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
The 2 threads talking about the shota/loli tags. If I remember correctly, one was drunk and apologized the next day. The other lost their shit and hasn't been back.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'll make Vietnam flashbacks look like blissful dreams.
"I will make Saigon look like a tutorial level."

I'mma be honest chief maybe it's just me but i'd rather someone tell me "positive vibes only" than to receive one of these "non toxic validation" messages that sounds so corporate I could feel the grey oozing off the fonts.

longer

Balls
Honestly feel like no one I've seen is particularly controversial, though I'm a somewhat more recent member. The worse that happens is either someone calling favoritism or having a weird take on a topic. And even if it comes down to insults, I feel like insults on the internet look a bit like two idiots smiling jokingly behind a screen while calling each other funny words.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'mma be honest chief maybe it's just me but i'd rather someone tell me "positive vibes only" than to receive one of these "non toxic validation" messages that sounds so corporate I could feel the grey oozing off the fonts.
It has to be tailored to the situation, of course.

Generik0

1652008520117.png

This guy caused a lot of discussion here. I hope he is in a better condition now.

CL

I apologize for this overdue response to this questionable comment towards me (I wasn't and am still not well). I am guessing here at what was confusing in my comment. I was referring towards "controversial" by its literal terminology in that topics were made with many people being disagreeable with its contents. And when I say a lot of people, I mean it was visited by most of the regulars on ScribbleHub. They didn't agree with Scribbler's topics, but I am not certain why. I couldn't say I agreed or not because I don't remember what they were about. I do remember there had been many disagreements from commenters that devolved into arguments.

It's a fragmented memory of mine on what I could contribute as a controversial user. That is my only reason for bringing Scribbler up in this thread.